Its 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I'd overthrow the government and then ask the West to take total control of the country for 50 years. They can take as much as they want during that time because I know they will develop the land and create good government for us. If they want to make Somalia into an oversized NATO base for that period I don't mind.

We will have sewers. We will have good health care, education, infrastructure, etc. We would be like a Sweden in Africa.

Clan politics would be a thing of the past and Somalis would be acting like the Indians who beg the British but we would beg the Americans.

Short term pain for long term gain.

What universe do you live in breh

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
The sad thing is Dhulos weren't always like this, they used to be alright, Sayidka and then siyaad barre baa kawaalay. For some strange reason now they only respect people who help them suffer. :feedme:
Didn't my laf alone body one of your cousins before:cryinglaughsmiley:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Depends, are we talking Congo Free State or we talking postwar Japan

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
You think Somalia would be in a worse situation today if the West colonized us?

So youre proposing we lease the country:cosbyhmm:

.Lease the country out for 5 years to chinese, let somalis take 5% a year of what comes out and I could say wallahi we'd live much better than today :faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:

Occupation of Japan.

Somalia should have collapsed much sooner. This would have made Western occupation more possible

So youre proposing we lease the country:cosbyhmm:

.Lease the country out for 5 years to chinese, let somalis take 5% a year of what comes out and I could say wallahi we'd live much better than today :faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:

Why Chinese?

Chinese don't do anything but build shitty wells for village people they rob. They don't get involved in the political affairs of other countries. They are the worst people to invite. They don't want to change you for the better.

Westerners like to shove their values down our throats and I agree with their values. They are perfect in rebuilding our nation

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
You're not aware of the history between garxajis and cagdheer so I'll let you think what you want :lol:

:damedamn: Jaamac siyaad are laandheere who keep other dhulos in check and your king of kastuumo cali khaliif galaydh is bahararsame so share their shame :gladbron:
f*ck boy stop embarrassing yourself
Jamac siyaad are langaabs :deadrose:
As for bah ararsame being king of khatumo:cryinglaughsmiley: He was put on there by us his no different than the guy before him:cryinglaughsmiley:
As for your fairy tales about beating ogaden outside of when the British disarmed them and armed you if I remember correctly ogaden were the first to make you the first refugee from Somalia:cryinglaughsmiley:
A whole clan getting chased away by one sub clan to the Ethiopian bushes:cryinglaughsmiley:

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Why Chinese?

Chinese don't do anything but build shitty wells for village people they rob. They don't get involved in the political affairs of other countries. They are the worst people to invite.

Westerners like to shove their values down our throats and I agree with their values. They are perfect in rebuilding our nation

Chinese would tap into all our resources. Somali peninsula is filthy rich in every sector wallahi. Most western malis don't really understand wtf we have. We need efficiency in capitalizing off our resources. China would be the perfect country to export too, destroy the arab khaliij economies with their ever depleting oil reservoirs then send them boats of xoolo for boats of women obamadatazz

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
They don't call you slave of Johnson for nothin ileen :yloezpe:

We must become an American client state, that much is obvious. If we can leverage our resources to ensure America backs a Somali regime to the hilt and turns a blind eye to so-called human rights abuses while we restructure our society and helps us build a powerful army and helps us achieve independce from meddling neighbroing states, I see no reason why the Somalis cannot become the African South Korea.

We have the business acumen, the ingenuity, and the ambition that other African countries simply lack. Who else could survive and actually somewhat thrive after a quarter century of near total anarchy?

I would do everything in my power to assure we become America's staunchest African ally.

Chinese would tap into all our resources. Somali peninsula is filthy rich in every sector wallahi. Most western malis don't really understand wtf we have. We need efficiency in capitalizing off our resources. China would be the perfect country to export too, destroy the arab khaliij economies with their ever depleting oil reservoirs then send them boats of xoolo for boats of women obamadatazz

Let the Westerners develop our industries and the Chinese can buy whatever we sell. The Chinese will always be a big customer. They don't involve emotions and politics into business. We can be at war with them and they'll still buy our bananas and oil.

They don't call you slave of Johnson for nothin ileen :yloezpe:

We must become an American client state, that much is obvious. If we can leverage our resources to ensure America backs a Somali regime to the hilt and turns a blind eye to so-called human rights abuses while we restructure our society and helps us build a powerful army and helps us achieve independce from meddling neighbroing states, I see no reason why the Somalis cannot become the African South Korea.

We have the business acumen, the ingenuity, and the ambition that other African countries simply lack. Who else could survive and actually somewhat thrive after a quarter century of near total anarchy?

I would do everything in my power to assure we become America's staunchest African ally.

You don't go far enough. You have stopped well short of supporting full control for 50 years. Somalia doesn't exist for those 50 years.

This isn't about having our human rights violations ignored. There must be none once we get our independence and eventually run the country on our own.

This isn't about being a Western ally or eventhe strongest Western ally in Africa; it's about being the West in Africa. We become one of them.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You're even more deranged than I thought. What incentive would the US have to give us independence after 50 years of taking all our resources for free? The only reason they propped up SK and Japan was to stop the spread of communism.

We obviously need to embrace some Western cultural values but we have to remember our society is too primitive to totally imitate Western style democracy. As long as the US is a strong ally and protects us from Ethiopian and Kenyan influence while we take the painful and necessary steps to restructure our society to make a liberal democracy possible, I have no doubt that we will flourish and achieve middle income status in a generation.

Human rights and other nonsense simply isn't applicable at the moment. Those values come into play when we've matured as a society, much like South Korea.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Trying to transplant a totally foreign ideology through foreign occupation cannot and will not work.

However, it can work through a government that implements policies that promote rapid economic growth and a gradual introduction of liberalism. When people have food on the table they're less inclined to stap on a suicide vest or listen to some elder stirring up a clan war.

Our main goal should be building institutions that will in the long run promote transparency, rule of law, sustainable economic growth, and security, which can be achieved through becoming a vital US client state.

You're right when you say terrorism is an incredible incentive for this to happen, but you have to distinguish yourself from other shitty African states that currently fill this role e.g. Ethiopia. I think our strategic location, our abundant resources, and in particular our devotion to capitalism will be more than enough to become a strategic ally.

Our security problem could be solved with a fraction of the money spent on the failed AMISOM project with an inclusive and transparent SNA, and with security, I see no reason why we shouldn't experience double digit economic growth every year.

Coupled with the PR coup fixing Somalia would be for the US vis a vis China's growing influence in Africa, it's a win-win.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Well, Somalia is a shit hole after 90s, during Siyad bare everything goes smooth accept greedy "Dhabayaco and Qowdhan" idiots try Hijack the nobility and f*ck with Mr, ain't no easy to seize the power just like that, blood has to split in every direction unless you come with good plan accordingly. dame it.

All their aims was to divide the country in to pieces. f*ck that shit.

We will stand Somalinimo, not Habashi dabadhilif and low live cowards under Addis'a admin.

Sade Superior*

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Well, Somalia is a shit whole place after 90s, during Siyad bare everything goes smooth accept greedy "Dhabayaco and Qowdhan" idiots try Hijack the nobility and f*ck with Mr, ain't no easy to seize the power just like that, blood has to split in every direction unless you come with good plan accordingly. dame it.

All their aims was to divide the country in to pieces. f*ck that shit.

We will stand Somalinimo, not Habashi dabadhilif and low live cowards under Addis'a admin.

Sade Superior*

Ayyyyyyyyyyy

:dj::dance::dj:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Somalia's system was bound to break down. You cannot build a modern nation-state with a tribal society as its base. I would actually argue that Somalia is better off today because of the war. Had the war not happened, most of the country would have remained undeveloped, with Mogadishu as primate city.

If I were Siyaad Barre in 1990, I would retreat to Jubaland and to Mudug and take with me all the military equipment. The biggest reason why the war was so deadly was that weaponry was far too common in the south where the government had almost the weapon's depots.

Leave before you have to, and make sure your people have an advantage in whatever comes next.

Odeg

Gedo
I would have prepared a army and loyal generals, left xamar with all the heavy weaponry. Aknowledged one of the opposition as the next president and watched as they turned against each others. Basically I would have bide my time for a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.