Majors/degrees/whatever you all are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to do engineering , consider biomedical engineering. Its fairly new and there are plenty of jobs available.

If you aren't planning on doing PhD, I suggest you stay away from chemistry

waraabe

Your superior
If you want to do engineering , consider biomedical engineering. Its fairly new and there are plenty of jobs available.

biomed is for peeps who cant get into med

for engineering I suggest mech or chem or electric

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud

Is there plenty of physics involved in mech because i dropped that and done a higher level math instead.Furthermore physics isn't a prerequisite for eng in most uni's in australia.Out of 10 how important would you say physics is .

I'm not too fond of the electrical circuits and shit,i done it in yr 9 a few years back and i didnt get too good,maybe the teacher was qashin:trash:

But it's so satisfying when you finally manage to make something work :krs:

Mechanical engineering is neat too, I'm on the fence now that I think about it :cosbyhmm:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud

If i ever plan to do anything related to chemistry it would be in the pharmaceutical sector

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
But it's so satisfying when you finally manage to make something work :krs:

Mechanical engineering is neat too, I'm on the fence now that I think about it :cosbyhmm:
The drawing of the circuits stuffed me up hard.I remember asking my teacher why the f*ck are we doing arts and crafts in science class.It might be easy if i tried it again ,but putting the voltmeter and ammeter in their correct places annoyed me back in the day.:francis:

waraabe

Your superior
Is there plenty of physics involved in mech because i dropped that and done a higher level math instead.Furthermore physics isn't a prerequisite for eng in most uni's in australia.Out of 10 how important would you say physics is .

It's very important. Basically physics and maths

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Computer science. More Somalis need to take up STEM subjects.
I remember a guy telling me that if you stuff up one code that you have to restart it all over again.That made me stay away from the idea of doing computer science.However i asked a guy that has a software engineering degree and he said that there is software out there that can highlight the error.So yeah i'm open to it but i dont think i'm super talented in that field.

You need to check the job market growth potential in the field that you want to work in. I would recommend doing that before picking a major.

What type of physics,if it's about motion and that sort of stuff i'll probably be able to cope laakin if electric currents start getting in, wee ii damaatay:jcoleno:

Look at the universities that you want to apply to and you can check the classes in the degree that you want to do. also yes in physics you will do electrical circuits

Biomedicine isn't the same as biomedical engineering. The latter is somewhat new and most of the jobs used to be covered by mechanical engineering graduates but these jobs now give a preference to people who have that degree instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts