Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Lol I feel u. But Somali region of Ethiopia way ahead of most of Somalia. Cagjar doing smart thing he getting cheap ports. Electricity from dam and wind farm. And there was even plan to irrigate a lot of the land using up majority of water of Jubba and shabele. People just want development and peace Somalia as country hasn’t offered either for long time . I was hoping oil and gas would save us but no luck and we out of time

You have a point, but the core element of the agreement seems to have been a naval base rather than a commercial port of their own, which they highlighted in the MoU as 'diversifying access to seaport'. It's vague wording, but that's how I perceived it.

Last edited:
Ethiopia took a big dump on Sudan and Egypt. now Somalia next. I’m guessing some other development snd profit sharing will happen with gerd dam and Ethiopian airliners to offset. DP world might also be involved in the new Ethiopian port. I think Djibouti whiz is tiny has like 5 ports
Why's Egypt so passive towards the Ethiopians, is Sissy only good at suppressing his own citizens with all Egypts military power :ohlord: :snoop:

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Why's Egypt so passive towards the Ethiopians, is Sissy only good at suppressing his own citizens with all Egypts military power :ohlord: :snoop:
Exactly Egypt getting bullied. They facing threat way greater than us. Without Nile country won’t exist and Ethiopia now controls it

1705083409855.jpeg

Sissy? Was that a typo? kkkk :pachah1:

But Egypt recently withdrew from the GERD negotiations that went on for upwards of a decade, if not longer. It will have huge ramification given that Ethiopia have made its intent clear that they will fill the dam at its maximum productions ASAP regardless of how it may affect Egypt's water supply from the river.

reer

VIP
Atleast the Israelis have uncle Sam's support and a capable military but what's their excuse on piss poor Ethiopia with their weak military.
egyptian army isnt capable of fighting wars against external. its busy with the economy and crushing internal opposition in egypt. the habashi army and militias are probably stronger and could easily defeat the egyptian army. big equipment dont win wars by themselves.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
egyptian army isnt capable of fighting wars against external. its busy with the economy and crushing internal opposition in egypt. the habashi army and militias are probably stronger and could easily defeat the egyptian army. big equipment dont win wars by themselves.
Egypt strongest in Africa. Probably followed by other North African countries and South Africa. Egypt defense budget is 10x Ethiopia’s and is more organized

reer

VIP
Egypt strongest in Africa. Probably followed by other North African countries and South Africa. Egypt defense budget is 10x Ethiopia’s and is more organized
big budgets and big toys dont win wars by themselves. the habashis are battle hardened in mountainous terrain and their armies and militias are made for war. the incompetent egyptian paper tiger army will most likely lose and could easily be humiliated.

what egypt can do is get eritrea and sudanese runaway proxies to dump a bunch of guns and ammo into ethiopian conflict zones. no ones gonna manage and maintain the GERD in a total warzone. balaayo ha laga shaqeeyo. eritrea already supports FANO, egypt + sudan should create mooryaan faction like janjaweed in ethiopia

Lol I feel u. But Somali region of Ethiopia way ahead of most of Somalia. Cagjar doing smart thing he getting cheap ports. Electricity from dam and wind farm. And there was even plan to irrigate a lot of the land using up majority of water of Jubba and shabele. People just want development and peace Somalia as country hasn’t offered either for long time . I was hoping oil and gas would save us but no luck and we out of time
You're forgetting that dismantling ethnic federalism is still on the agenda. All that development will be ripe for Oromos to takeover. Who and what will stop them?

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
You're forgetting that dismantling ethnic federalism is still on the agenda. All that development will be ripe for Oromos to takeover. Who and what will stop them?
True. Somalis in bad spot. Right now whoever stands up and fights Ethiopia .will face Ethiopians and Somali clans looking to curry favor. They will also get labeled extremist and shabab. Not much can be done at this point since clan comes before nation . Matter of time before more stuff like this happens I’m waiting until border cities become unhappy and they throw themselves at Ethiopia

ONLF is waiting for ethnic federalism to be dismantled I heard their speaker say this. But why? Why wait for that crap?? Are they taking advantage of the development? Then when xabashi wanna make the move to dismantle ethnic federalism in the near future, they’ll make it clear that they have nothing to do with ethiopia and go to war?? @GaradShabeel what do you think?

ONLF is waiting for ethnic federalism to be dismantled I heard their speaker say this. But why? Why wait for that crap?? Are they taking advantage of the development? Then when xabashi wanna make the move to dismantle ethnic federalism in the near future, they’ll make it clear that they have nothing to do with ethiopia and go to war?? @GaradShabeel what do you think?

It doesn't make sense to me either. First of all, Xabeshi and Oromos elites are both onboard with the agenda of centralization. Let's not give one of them a pass. Secondly, the plan on dismantling federalism will not happen overnight. Abiy is slowly moving power away from the regional states gradually until he finally can change the constitution as smooth as possible. Which will include end of federalism, end of right of self determination, less autonomy etc. Not to forget a resurgence of one ethnic hegemony. This time Oromos, from top to bottom.

He's already broken apart SNNP to five smaller (and weaker) states, state forces will mostly be incorporated into national army and federal police i.e. controlled by Addis. He got Prosperity party (loyal/puppet) presidents in every state and so forth. Moreover, look at the Amhara and Oromo state, it's the Amhara/Oromo elites who are directly/indirectly abetting Abiy's military campaign against their people.

With that said, the longer time that goes by, the harder it will be for ONLF or any other entities/movements to act. And probably too late. Unless entire Ethiopia unites against arat kilo. As far as going to war? We've already seen the aftermath in Tigray who were more armed than us, more trained, and better better terrains to engage in guerilla. How did it end?