Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
This deal is absolutely brilliant. Not only will the Turkish government front the cost of the drilling but they will also build the Somali navy, by training personnel and equipping said navy with military hardware. All this will be coming out of their share which is 30%. Not to mentioning the construction of a world class naval base which will be turned over to the Somali government, upon the expiration of said deal (which is less than a decade). If anyone is against this deal, they are against progress and against the Somali people.

Sup

@Hilmaam what’s so funny nigga ?

do I amuse you !

School Ugh GIF

War Vintage GIF

(Just imagine it’s a Somali flag 💀)

This deal is absolutely brilliant. Not only will the Turkish government front the cost of the drilling but they will also build the Somali navy, by training personnel and equipping said navy with military hardware. All this will be coming out of their share which is 30%. Not to mentioning the construction of a world class naval base which will be turned over to the Somali government, upon the expiration of said deal (which is less than a decade). If anyone is against this deal, they are against progress and against the Somali people.
Sounds nice but as a somali its hard to be optimistic:mjcry:

Sup

Sounds nice but as a somali its hard to be optimistic:mjcry:
Oil exploration companies are notorious for giving under developed nations an unfair deal. Just look at Nigeria we’re the oil company received over 90% of the profits. Wallahi I believed Somalia was heading down that path, you know corruption and all. So when I heard about this deal, I was shocked to said the least and frankly quite relieved.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
in my opinion Turkey can’t be trusted. They very corrupt Somalia last and they 115/180

They neglect their own citizens and you can find Turks immigrants all over Europe and even America. They looking to take advantage of our precarious situation. Already do shady practices in port Mogadishu. Don’t see them any different than Ethiopia. Both colonizers in our past and trying to repeat in present. Dubai Turkey Egypt Ethiopia America none of them can save us. It’s just more and more countries and players seeking leverage to meet their goals and needs and backing different somali groups. The deal with Turkey was very reactionary and in response to Ethiopia MOU with barely and studies and forethought. this is Somalia way just jump into something look for easy fix but world doesn’t work that way. Fix will be internal and done by people. This is not olden days when we were herders with spears. Everyone is armed so no country will do dirty work of making us fall in line. We have to come to agreement on governance and stop using foreigners against each other.. bit long but my 2 cents

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
in my opinion Turkey can’t be trusted. They very corrupt Somalia last and they 115/180

They neglect their own citizens and you can find Turks immigrants all over Europe and even America. They looking to take advantage of our precarious situation. Already do shady practices in port Mogadishu. Don’t see them any different than Ethiopia. Both colonizers in our past and trying to repeat in present. Dubai Turkey Egypt Ethiopia America none of them can save us. It’s just more and more countries and players seeking leverage to meet their goals and needs and backing different somali groups. The deal with Turkey was very reactionary and in response to Ethiopia MOU with barely and studies and forethought. this is Somalia way just jump into something look for easy fix but world doesn’t work that way. Fix will be internal and done by people. This is not olden days when we were herders with spears. Everyone is armed so no country will do dirty work of making us fall in line. We have to come to agreement on governance and stop using foreigners against each other.. bit long but my 2 cents

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
The probability of a somali business man knowingly buying that is higher than the Turkish gov knowing about this issue to be fair.
I believe it . But I think Turkish are too. Food safety is very strict as it’s consumed by humans how is this stuff being certified by Turks and leaving their ports . think it’s corruption

I believe it . But I think Turkish are too. Food safety is very strict as it’s consumed by humans how is this stuff being certified by Turks and leaving their ports . think it’s corruption

Both sides are in on it. The turkish business gets to offload expired food that they otherwise would have been forced to dump by selling it a low price and still getting a profit. The Somali side acquires expired food for a much lower price than if it was fresh, which means they can get a nice profit when they sell it for much higher once it leaves Somalia. Works for everyone but the somali citizens that are receiving subpar food. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of foodstuffs sent to somalia are near expired or expired because it works for both sides.

"What is coming will make the people of Somaliland happy and will upset the enemy. We will be singing the song 'Sanka taag adaa soo dhacsaday waanad sidataaye' (Raise your nose, you have retrieved it, and you carry it)," he said."

Didn't this Essa kayd promise the same thing a month ago. This elusive goalpost just won't stop changing :dead:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

"What is coming will make the people of Somaliland happy and will upset the enemy. We will be singing the song 'Sanka taag adaa soo dhacsaday waanad sidataaye' (Raise your nose, you have retrieved it, and you carry it)," he said."

Didn't this Essa kayd promise the same thing a month ago. This elusive goalpost just won't stop changing :dead:

Kayd said clearly that there will be no deal if Ethiopia does not recognize Somaliland before the signing of any agreement regarding a naval base. They want to sign a deal with Ethiopia after it has recognized Somaliland. Listen from 2:25

Muuse Biixi made it clear that Ethiopia has to first recognize Somaliland "as an equal" before signing any agreement. listen from 12:04.

The problem is that Abiy can't give Somaliland the one thing they want. He can give them everything but ictiraaf. Why? Because of this:
Somali_in_Ethiopia.svg.png

And this:
Article 39.png

If recognition is impossible, why go through 7 months of meaningless blathering?
The answer: to distract from the total failure that occured in Feb-Aug 2023 where Somaliland lost 40% of what used to be the British Protectorate. This MOU business is a distraction from that failure so that Biixi will be able to run on potentially gaining recognition come Nov.

Muuse Biixi will make a return to office on the back of the MOU. Somaliland voters are desperate for a win, and Wadani are seen to have undercut Isaaq unity at the crucial moment in the struggle against the Faqash.

Kayd said clearly that there will be no deal if Ethiopia does not recognize Somaliland before the signing of any agreement regarding a naval base. They want to sign a deal with Ethiopia after it has recognized Somaliland. Listen from 2:25

Muuse Biixi made it clear that Ethiopia has to first recognize Somaliland "as an equal" before signing any agreement. listen from 12:04.

The problem is that Abiy can't give Somaliland the one thing they want. He can give them everything but ictiraaf. Why? Because of this:
View attachment 335404

And this:
View attachment 335405

If recognition is impossible, why go through 7 months of meaningless blathering?
The answer: to distract from the total failure that occured in Feb-Aug 2023 where Somaliland lost 40% of what used to be the British Protectorate. This MOU business is a distraction from that failure so that Biixi will be able to run on potentially gaining recognition come Nov.

Muuse Biixi will make a return to office on the back of the MOU. Somaliland voters are desperate for a win, and Wadani are seen to have undercut Isaaq unity at the crucial moment in the struggle against the Faqash.
What happens if the waddani party wins

If Ethiopia is willing to pay to use a port then there is no problem. That is how all landlocked countries function. A naval base however is a big no no.

Ethiopia is very much desperate for a naval presence in the Red Sea. This isn't about them needing a port. They already have access to multiple ports in Kenya and Djibouti. They also rejected Eritrea's offers to use Assab and Massawa.