Separating facts from rumors in the Goldogob rape case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
rape is probably worse than murder for me. the damage they did to that girl is permanent...that's basically her life as she knows it gone forever

This-ish. Idk why but rape, pedophilia etc. just has something really heinous to it. More so than murder with a straight motive.

Please you would send people to death for less serious crimes than this.

I'm not talking about what punishment I want to happen to them but what would be more just. Believe it or not they are two different things.
I'm just saying what would be best for somali society in the long run, I don't care whether these dumbasses die or not

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I see u have a problem with the death penalty in general so as to not excute innocent people. What about cases where there is no doubt? Like this rape case? I would say the death penalty should be used when there is no doubt.

I see what you mean but human beings are fallible. Especially in a third world country like Somalia where's there's room for clan discrimination and corruption and sheer lack of due diligence. I dread to think how many innocent people have been killed by third world states.

Death penalty is fine in principle but it's impractical.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The question is: Are we the kind of nation who executes children or not? The answer has profound consequences

They committed a big boy crime and deserve a big boy punishment

I don't think people who commit crimes of a sexual nature can ever be rehabilitated. I can understand burglary, armed robbery, or even murder, but rape, pedophilia, nah you're defective and need to go.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
One of them is a serial rapist, all of them are 16 or older, and they targeted this girl because she rejected one of the guys. They need to be stoned.

You don't seriously believe these people can be rehabilitated?
Considering how young they are I actually think they could. But I think they should be kicked out of the town after their punishment.

Last edited:

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Wasn't one of their fathers an MP? Does anyone know if he has commented on it?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
They committed a big boy crime and deserve a big boy punishment

I don't think people who commit crimes of a sexual nature can ever be rehabilitated. I can understand burglary, armed robbery, or even murder, but rape, pedophilia, nah you're defective and need to go.

There are convicted rapists walking all around us. I was shocked to learn that one of my fellow students at University once raped a woman.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Considering how young they are I actually think they could. But I think they should be kicked out of the town.

Look, we were all 16 once. Not for a second did I ever think gee, it would be swell if me and my boys should rape a girl at knifepoint, tape it, attempt to stab her to death, and then share the video.

Age is not an excuse. They are sexual predators that will rape again and again.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Wasn't one of their fathers an MP? Does anyone know if he has commented on it?

That was a rumor. His brother was an MP in Mogadishu and he barely knew the kid. He commented on the case and said he and his siblings all support his arrest and want the government ( not clan or religious elders) to make sure justice is served.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
There are convicted rapists walking all around us. I was shocked to learn that one of my fellow students at University once raped a woman.

And I guarantee you they have a much higher rate of recidivism than most other classes of criminals.

It's a very particular crime that cant be explained by a fit of passion or financial necessity.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
And I guarantee you they have a much higher rate of recidivism than most other classes of criminals.

It's a very particular crime that cant be explained by a fit of passion or financial necessity.

there's no real rehabilitation for sex offenders. they re-offend when they think they can get away with it the next time. only in rare instances (usually involving minors) is a lesson learned.

but that being said, capital punishment is just a guise to mask severe institutional problems. the rates of exonerated criminals is already pretty damning in the west, so it's best to hold of on judicial slaughter until we can be 100% certain the right monsters are getting killed.

also no lethal injection. firing squad, get it done quick.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
there's no real rehabilitation for sex offenders. they re-offend when they think they can get away with it the next time. only in rare instances (usually involving minors) is a lesson learned.

but that being said, capital punishment is just a guise to mask severe institutional problems. the rates of exonerated criminals is already pretty damning in the west, so it's best to hold of on judicial slaughter until we can be 100% certain the right monsters are getting killed.

also no lethal injection. firing squad, get it done quick.

I think it's pretty clear in this case.

I don't want to see a few half-hearted lashes and a couple thousand dollar hush money. This culture of impunity must end.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I think it's pretty clear in this case.

I don't want to see a few half-hearted lashes and a couple thousand dollar hush money. This culture of impunity must end.

tbh setting nasty precedents in third world countries can often be just as damaging

in this case it is 100% confirmed, in another it may not be as concrete. but without a proper jailing system there is another reason to want capital punishment and that is to safeguard citizens from dangerous individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.