somali man on r/askmiddleeast questions Arabs on whether hes allowed to call himself one

😂 you had to put me in this situation don’t you.

No we are not Arabs. Neither are the Egyptians or Palestinians. However all these Arab “speaking” countries can sense the genetic, cultural and linguistic similarities we share with them. We are not a langaab race and shouldn’t feel scared to join our greater “macro tribe” who so happen to all live within the borders of the Arab world excluding Ethiopia and Eritrea. The confusion happened when they decided to call these people “Arabs” instead of the Afro Asitiac world or something similar to it. It’s like the French calling the European Union, “greater France”. Other countries inside this union wouldn’t have that and neither should we. This is why I believe we should rename the Arab world and it’s citizens from Arab world and Arabs to something else that’s more inclusive to all the people within its borders. I believe Ethiopia and Eritrea should join this union too. Heck it was literally only 3500 years ago when we were stationed at the borders of Egypt.
Would be cool if a Natufian council/league was established to counteract rival macro-groups, such as Iran, the Turkic council, Europeans/EU and a deeply integrated African Union.

It would basically be an Arab League 2.0, but without Comoros. Israel, Ethiopia and Eritrea would join this Natufian council.

Would be cool if a Natufian council/league was established to counteract rival macro-groups, such as Iran, the Turkic council, Europeans/EU and a deeply integrated African Union.

It would basically be an Arab League 2.0, but without Comoros. Israel, Ethiopia and Eritrea would join this Natufian council.
I agree 💯%.We need to join our relatives and form a macro group that can compete with these other giant groups across the globe. Pretending to be “unique” and “special” is how people with victim mentality think. Such people will stay langaab and side lined.

Notice how todays Arab world perfectly matches the Afro Asiatic language family.

1686005659279.png

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
As a member of beesha barakaysan ee banu quraysh through my awoowe Aqeel ibn Abi talib, and afhayeenka beelaha darood, our arabnimo shall never be brought into disrepute

Somalis don't even speak Arabic. And no, being influenced by them doesn't mean we are Arabic. Its like calling Berbers, Copts, Jews and Assyrians Arabic.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Tbh, Somalia is better off remaining an Arab state. Arab migrants should be encouraged to settle in Somalia to foster the transfer of skills/technical knowledge for development.

Somalia is part and parcel of the Arab-Islamic civilisation.
This nigga wants an arab elite class in Somalia like there is an Indian class in Kenya. Adoon ass behavior. Ana carabs yaad naga qabta
:what:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’m not a Bantu-Indian-Persian-Somali mutt, but you’re damn right I got these m’fkers riled up :ftw9nwa:
Stop embarrassing yourself.
“Please accept our Arabness saar”
“We love Arabs saar”
“We will give up out identity to become an Arab saar”
“I don’t look like these Africans saar, my 3b hair saar”

IMG_8185.png

We are not arab speaking. Palestinians are descendants of Ismael like our Nabi.
1) I never said we were Arab speaking
2) Palestinians are not from Ismaeel. They are not even Arabian let alone Ismaeeli. They have few Arabian Bedouins in the Negev desert however the vast majority of urban Palestinian in Gaza , Israel and West Bank are native Canaanite stock.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts