Somali regional writing accent guessing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems you are another reer Mudug :lol: . Wa caadi aniga ku baraya af somaaliiga siida lo qoro.

What's the difference between the Reer Muqdisho and Reer Mudug dialects? My parents grew up in Muqdisho.

Lol, I meant I speak a mix of different dialects. What's wrong with my writing? I was proud of it. :lol:

Bohol

VIP
Aww, Wa mahadsantahay sida sharafta badan a ila hadashay=). Nolow..:2tjlv3e:

Ada mudan. Waxan rajaynaaya inay hablo badan oo adiga oo kale ah kuso biraan websiteka sii loga raysto kuwa qeylaada iyo
madax xanuunka badan :lol: .

Bohol

VIP
What's the difference between the Reer Muqdisho and Reer Mudug dialects? My parents grew up in Muqdisho.

Lol, I meant I speak a mix of different dialects. What's wrong with my writing? I was proud of it. :lol:

They are very different. Mudug is standard Somali (that means most people can understand it ). Your Somali is okay it just needs
some fixs like this. You have to write it how you would say it in real life.

"Ruunta af soomaaligayga wa isku wada qasanyahay. Badanka saan ayaa uu hadla ee isku day inaa soo keentiid"

Waxaan qoro ma aqaani. Af Somaligaygana wuu sii dicifaya, iga raali ahod. Afleena waa af aad uu ficaan, waano mid oo sii yaranayo. In aan barano waye, ilmaheyno iin aan barno waaye.
Daqankeeno iyo afkeeno hadan ilownaa maxaan nehee? Dad eber ah baan noqondoona hadaan ka taagno afkeeno.
Afkii hoyo yaan ilowbiin!

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
Waxaan qoro ma aqaani. Af Somaligaygana wuu sii dicifaya, iga raali ahod. Afleena waa af aad uu ficaan, waano mid oo sii yaranayo. In aan barano waye, ilmaheyno iin aan barno waaye.
Daqankeeno iyo afkeeno hadan ilownaa maxaan nehee? Dad eber ah baan noqondoona hadaan ka taagno afkeeno.
Afkii hoyo yaan ilowbiin!

Allah kariim! Kuwa aan af soomaaliga bari doono baad tahay:russ:walal sida uugu dhakhsaha badan isusoo qor.

Duke of Bokeentiid"t: 503904 said:
They are very different. Mudug is standard Somali (that means most people can understand it ). Your Somali is okay it just needs
some fixs like this. You have to write it how you would say it in real life.

"Ruunta af soomaaligayga wa isku wada qasanyahay. Badanka saan ayaa uu hadla ee isku day inaa soo keentiid"

I thought there were no hard and fast rules with Somali spelling. I say "run" without stretching the "u" sound, and elongate the "a" in "waa". Also, wouldn't "ruunta/runti" and "aa/ayaa" come down to minor accent changes?

My ending was plural which you changed to singular. :ufdup:

Bohol

VIP
@Cinnamon Spice You are wrong Somali language does have spelling and vowels just like any other language. You are right about the ending
part being plural but in the beginning the grammar isn't correct. You can use runti but soomaaligey or wii is not a word in Somali language.

Correct: Ruunta/ruunti af soomaaligayga wa isku wada qasanyahay

Wrong: Runti af Soomaaligey wii isku wada qasantahey

@Luna What is ahod? I assume you mean ahow. You use waaye a lot defo a southern accent. :lol:
Yeah, I did. Whoops. Idk, I grew up with people from all over Somalia and their acxents rubbed off on me. I used to speak in a straight up Waqooyi accent when I was little though. I forgot a lot of my Somali :(
Allah kariim! Kuwa aan af soomaaliga bari doono baad tahay:russ:walal sida uugu dhakhsaha badan isusoo qor.
I'm not even gonna lie- I need help. Thats kinda why I wrote that paragraph. I was lowkey projecting :chrisfreshhah:
Honestly, though? Is it that bad? Any tips to improve?
Btw what is "isusoo qor"? Af Maay maad ku hadashaa?

@Cinnamon Spice You are wrong Somali language does have spelling and vowels just like any other language. You are right about the ending
part being plural but in the beginning the grammar isn't correct. You can use runti but soomaaligey or wii is not a word in Somali language.

Correct: Ruunta/ruunti af soomaaligayga wa isku wada qasanyahay

Wrong: Runti af Soomaaligey wii isku wada qasantahey

And to think, my parents just watch me speak it. :mjcry:

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
I'm not even gonna lie- I need help. Thats kinda why I wrote that paragraph. I was lowkey projecting :chrisfreshhah:
Honestly, though? Is it that bad? Any tips to improve?
Btw what is "isusoo qor"? Af Maay maad ku hadashaa?

Your Somali needs urgent intervention. Go back home is my advice. I spent 10 months there and I came back speaking like a pro.

Isusoo qor is not af May lol it means enlist yourself.

Your Somali needs urgent intervention. Go back home is my advice. I spent 10 months there and I came back speaking like a pro.

Isusoo qor is not af May lol it means enlist yourself.

Well, I guess I gotta take an L this time. I might be going soon, I'm not sure, but this makes the most sense.
However, in my own defence- I don't talk as bad as I write. Up until a few months ago, I actually never wrote in Somali.

Thanks for the advice as well @Duke of Bohol. I will take it all into consideration. Mahadsanid.

Status
Not open for further replies.