Somali woman fears racist backlash from Lebanese society for marrying a leb man

View attachment 338390https://www.reddit.com/r/lebanon/s/THk5RGypvI
If her family was really concerned for her then wouldnt they be opposed to her helping Syrian refugees? They’re probably hella racist too. I have not heard good things about Syrian refugees, not to be prejudiced though, just basing off what I’ve heard. I’ve never really interacted with a Syrian before.

Girl in pink is Lebanese with a Somali mother. She has been discriminated against her whole life for having dark skin.

This women in pink could pass as full Lebanese at least the darker skinned ones anyway.

Ain't no way they're racist to her before they find out she's mixed, she looked full arab without a hint of somali in her. Maybe they’re colorist towards her but I'm sure a lot of full Lebanese women that are darker skinned deal with the same issues.

You always refute things with "Well ive seen one paki married to a madow or Abdi" we all know this isn't the case generally. The other users are right in saying Asians don't marry outside except of one of them gets lucky with a White person in which they'll grace them.

Majority of these UK pakis are married to cousins
Yes and it isn’t the case generally for Somalis to marry out. Stop acting like your community is out here having higher rates of IR, because we don’t as well.

I’ve had enough of self hating incel Abdis thinking that just because a few Somalis are marrying out why there on social media and then you have the insane amongst us blowing up the comment section doesn’t mean we too marry out in the hordes. We don’t and our IR rates is just as low if not lower than Asians.

I’m not surrounded by Shamis and I couldn’t care less about them. As for Shamis not being able to bring home a Somali or black guy, so? Can a lot of Somali men bring home a Shami girl? If my brothers bought home one of them it would be awks as hell.

Let’s stop playing victim.
Still cucking out. “But we’re bad too” Disgusting

This women in pink could pass as full Lebanese at least the darker skinned ones anyway.

Ain't no way they're racist to her before they find out she's mixed, she looked full arab without a hint of somali in her. Maybe they’re colorist towards her but I'm sure a lot of full Lebanese women that are darker skinned deal with the same issues.
The one in pink can ever pass for Lebanese. Shamis are white passing Arabs who look similar to Italians in coloring. The one in pink is so dark she can pass for a very light skin Somali. My older sis is her color.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Short ppl should mate with other shorts
I agree

Nah, i lit kno a somali hijabi fob women who use to have a cadaan bf and today marrying a somali guy who is one of the saywallahi who moved back then came back recently. But tbh if he enjoys it lol idc

Na fob nkhas dont care they would and actually do marry ajnabi leftovers, youre confusing 2nd gen somalis who wouldn’t.

FOB nkhas see value in every somali women no matter their past they’ll wife it they share alot in common with white men. meanwhile us saywallahi grew up with middle eastern/asians n adopted their gheerah.

"FOB nkhas see value in every somali women no matter their past they’ll wife it they share alot in common with white men. meanwhile us saywallahi grew up with middle eastern/asians n adopted their gheerah."

1. Some of those fob niggas seem a bit more desperate than us ngl. I can definitely understand them settling for the chicks most of us wouldn't date. Personally all the ones I know are with fat women. No offense to our hefty women.

2. Also since somalis have a dating culture back home I doubt most of these guys care about whether or not the women they like has a past.

"meanwhile us saywallahi grew up with middle eastern/asians n adopted their gheerah."

3. I wouldn't blame it on Arabs and Timmy Jimmies. A lot of Somali men don't date and prefer to postpone marriage until they're financially stable. A majority of these single and never married men prefer to be with women that has a similar past as them. I know Somali men that operate the same way and don't even hang out with Timmy Jimmies or Arabs.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
Yes and it isn’t the case generally for Somalis to marry out. Stop acting like your community is out here having higher rates of IR, because we don’t as well.

I’ve had enough of self hating incel Abdis thinking that just because a few Somalis are marrying out why there on social media and then you have the insane amongst us blowing up the comment section doesn’t mean we too marry out in the hordes. We don’t and our IR rates is just as low if not lower than Asians.
You're going on a rant about nothing walahi I look at this and the post you quote and I do not see the link

The one in pink can ever pass for Lebanese. Shamis are white passing Arabs who look similar to Italians in coloring. The one in pink is so dark she can pass for a very light skin Somali. My older sis is her color.
Nah, theres alot of dark skin/arab passing Lebanese people and she looks full arab, I know what you're trying to say, that there's a large portion of Lebanese people who are Mediterranean passing in terms of looks, but they overemphasise their own “whiteness”.

Also her skin colour is the colour of the typical arab some darker skinned full Lebanese people do look like her. Also I have family lighter skinned than her too but her undertones are arab/brown in nature rather than African yellowness when it comes to light skin.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
You always refute things with "Well ive seen one paki married to a madow or Abdi" we all know this isn't the case generally. The other users are right in saying Asians don't marry outside except of one of them gets lucky with a White person in which they'll grace them.

Majority of these UK pakis are married to cousins
Same in america. Honestly Timmy Jimmies are interesting people. Even the white washed suburban ones stick to their own usually.

Honestly I think money and culture plays a big role on whether or not people decide to marry out.

@Internet Nomad @Laiss @Angelina @Rayaale

Like look at Timmy Jimmies in america for example.

Income-race-ethnicity-1024x1024 (1).jpg

Not only do they come from a culture that prioritizes marriage but they also raise a lot of career oriented people. Timmy Jimmy women literally don't have to marry out just to find a successful partner.

Whereas some AAs and Latinos might have to consider marrying out if they want to live in an upper middle class household.

I agree

"FOB nkhas see value in every somali women no matter their past they’ll wife it they share alot in common with white men. meanwhile us saywallahi grew up with middle eastern/asians n adopted their gheerah."

1. Some of those fob niggas seem a bit more desperate than us ngl. I can definitely understand them settling for the chicks most of us wouldn't date. Personally all the ones I know are with fat women. No offense to our hefty women.

2. Also since somalis have a dating culture back home I doubt most of these guys care about whether or not the women they like has a past.

"meanwhile us saywallahi grew up with middle eastern/asians n adopted their gheerah."

3. I wouldn't blame it on Arabs and Timmy Jimmies. A lot of Somali men don't date and prefer to postpone marriage until they're financially stable. A majority of these single and never married men prefer to be with women that has a similar past as them. I know Somali men that operate the same way and don't even hang out with Timmy Jimmies or Arabs.
Fob men aren’t desperate. They wouldnt marry a girl that has a past of sleeping around. You have to be chaste and people back home’s version of dating isn’t sleeping around like in the West.

Going for a single mother doesn’t equal desperation. It’s mad to frame it that way considering that as Muslims we believe that the Prophet s.a.w did and he did so as a young 25 yr old man and she Khadijah was his first wife despite the fact that she had two previous kids. People simply have different likes and dislikes and calling them desperate is mad.

As for ‘gheerah’ so do Somali men back home. They simply don’t mock or look down on divorced women.

I completely understand why a never married man would prefer a never married woman, but thinking that a young divorced woman who doesn’t have any kids doesn’t deserve a second chance of a husband and kids is sickness tbh especially when these same men with supposed gheerah would expect a young never married woman to give them a chance after they’re divorced a girl. I think incels have also inherited this form of misogyny. You don’t see young girls who wouldn’t go for a single father mock men who are. Thats the issue.

Nah, theres alot of dark skin/arab passing Lebanese people and she looks full arab, I know what you're trying to say, that there's a large portion of Lebanese people who are Mediterranean passing in terms of looks, but they overemphasise their own “whiteness”.

Also her skin colour is the colour of the typical arab some darker skinned full Lebanese people do look like her. Also I have family lighter skinned than her too but her undertones are arab/brown in nature rather than African yellowness when it comes to light skin.
Her skin color is typical for Southern Arabians like Saudi, Qatari, Emirati and Yemeni. Thats why she sticks out in Leb society. She looks like a Gulf Arab

Her skin color is typical for Southern Arabians like Saudi, Qatari, Emirati and Yemeni. Thats why she sticks out in Leb society. She looks like a Gulf Arab
You're right, that's what I meant. She looks like a typical gulf arab and some portion (I can't tell you the exact percentage) of Lebanese do look like gulf arabs.

This idea that all Lebanese are Italian/greek looking isn't true, heck there's even Turks who could pass as gulf arab.