Somali woman fears racist backlash from Lebanese society for marrying a leb man

get out of here with that victim mindset. we are not new world blacks (AAs and caribbeans).
Wallahi it’s a victim mindset. I remember when my cousin tried to marry a Tunisian and my uncles were pissed and threatening to not come to the wedding. We can be just as bad.

If they’re racist, then just know we have dozens of aunts and uncles who are just as ignorant.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
get out of here with that victim mindset. we are not new world blacks (AAs and caribbeans).
I’ll never marry a shami so it’s not victim complex it’s just having morals. You guys only want to stick to this status quo so you can look down on dhageexs. If you were bottom barrel like them you’d be singing a different tune

reer

VIP
I’ll never marry a shami so it’s not victim complex it’s just having morals. You guys only want to stick to this status quo so you can look down on dhageexs. If you were bottom barrel like them you’d be singing a different tune
if i brought some shami girl home my family would go crazy. stop acting like the 2005-2015 self victimized salafis who get angry when they get rejected because of their race.

Leb Christians have been surprisingly chill with me. Can’t think of any racist experience from them & I have a lot of neighbors who are Maronite so that says a lot lol.

It’s exclusively been Sunnis for some reason. Even the Shias never did much 💀
Most of the Lebanese in many African countries are either Shia or Christian,they might be chill in North America but here they act superior and they treat the native blacks horribly

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Your nieces mother is Arab. Kids spend more time with their mother. People spend more time with their mums side of the family. Why wouldn’t she mostly be speaking Arabic? Are we going to deny basic reality that mothers are the ones mostly raising kids so that we can cry about Arab dominance?
I’m her abtiyo. This is why I say this argument is cope @Rayaale @Laiss @caanoshaah 💀

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Black Khaleejis face significant discrimination. A few months ago, there was a post on r/Saudi from a Black Saudi man wanting to marry a native Saudi woman, and the replies were filled with blatant racism. People told him to marry "his kind" and not to "infiltrate" the tribe's bloodline. Western born Somalis living in or traveling to the Middle East don't get the full picture of how these societies truly operate. Arabs care a lot about saving face in front of those they deem worthy, which imo they consider you to be

It is a victim complex since you’re from a group of people who look down on most people unfortunately. Somalis don’t like it when their boys or girls marry Arabs. They don’t like it when their girls and boys marry Asians, they don’t like it when they whites. I know so many cases of fathers boycotting weddings, disowning and the list continues. We’re no different to Asian and Arabs when it comes to attitudes towards foreigners but the only reason why you feel we are is because we’re black and you associate that with everyone looking down on dark skin people. Who cares? The same way they look down on us for dark skin, the same way a fob Somali habayaro and Adeero is looking down on them.

reer

VIP
It is a victim complex since you’re from a group of people who look down on most people unfortunately. Somalis don’t like it when their boys or girls marry Arabs. They don’t like it when their girls and boys marry Asians, they don’t like it when they whites. I know so many cases of fathers boycotting weddings, disowning and the list continues. We’re no different to Asian and Arabs when it comes to attitudes towards foreigners but the only reason why you feel we are is because we’re black and you associate that with everyone looking down on dark skin people. Who cares? The same way they look down on us for dark skin, the same way a fob Somali habayaro and Adeero is looking down on them.
the difference is we might actually be better. my family would be adverse if i brought a girl who were white black arab etc. compared to families who will welcome a cadaan over an arab from a different country. lol.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Read my comment again. I’m against all forms of this including Somalis. Im not a hypocrite. If my daughter brought home a Hausa man with a CS degree I’d accept him as my son in law over a deadbeat farax gangbanger.

Somalis are delusional on that aspect but even then I’ve seen way more instances of Somalis letting their women marry our. My own sister is an example even though aabo was hesitant at first.

Black Khaleejis face significant discrimination. A few months ago, there was a post on r/Saudi from a Black Saudi man wanting to marry a native Saudi woman, and the replies were filled with blatant racism. People told him to marry "his kind" and not to "infiltrate" the tribe's bloodline. Western born Somalis living in or traveling to the Middle East don't get the full picture of how these societies truly operate. Arabs care a lot about saving face in front of those they deem worthy, which imo they consider you to be
The intermarriage of black Gulf men with tribal girls is not impossible, but it is actually rare and the majority of them marry each other, and it will increase with the next generation and the one after that with the decline of tribalism there.

Read my comment again. I’m against all forms of this including Somalis. Im not a hypocrite. If my daughter brought home a Hausa man with a CS degree I’d accept him as my son in law over a deadbeat farax gangbanger.

Somalis are delusional on that aspect but even then I’ve seen way more instances of Somalis letting their women marry our. My own sister is an example even though aabo was hesitant at first.
Yes and you find more Pakistanis in IR relationships in the West contrary to what this forum says. The whole world is becoming globalized. Do you know how many Somali guys I’ve seen married to Bangali and Pakistani girls? But but but I thought they were all racist? 😂

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
I’m actually done with this thread wallahi these users are so hard headed. Let them continue to glaze these Arabs. When it comes back to bite them in the ass someday I better not see a thread crying about racism

reer

VIP

i am 99% sure you are reer waqooyi because of this much open mindedness.

I’m actually done with this thread wallahi these users are so hard headed. Let them continue to glaze these Arabs. When it comes back to bite them in the ass someday I better not see a thread crying about racism
If they live in Canada they’ll definitely experience it sooner than later with the influx of both Syrian and Palestinian refugees

🤣🤣it use to be rer waqooyi with isaaq mj dhulbahante top of the chart. But nowdays alot somali families allow their kids marry ajnabis many are against it but at the end comes around it very few disown their kids. Somali parents are soft compared to other communities.

I’m open minded as well. I’d choose an educated Hausa over a gang banging Farax any day of the week for my family. However I have aunts who think a drug dealing Farax is superior to an ajnabi. I personally think they’re mad.

🤣🤣it use to be rer waqooyi with isaaq mj dhulbahante top of the chart. But nowdays alot somali families allow their kids marry ajnabis many are against it but at the end comes around it very few disown their kids.
That’s because the world has now become globalized. I know Bangali girls married to Faraxs. Even the subcontinent Asians are becoming open minded. Welcome to 2024. Don’t expect to raise your kids in the West and think none will be interested in Ajnabis.

World

VIP
Lebanese people are racist to other syrians let alone black somalis

They’re probably the most racist society in the middle east

Latest posts