Somalia Says No To Continued Ethiopian Presence Past 2024 And Quint Partners Concur

Hypothetically what could Somali do if Ethiopia refused to leave. I genuinely believe the FGS would fold. They fear becoming a failed state more than keeping there sovereignty.
As the @Thegoodshepherd said, war may be the only solution left if Ethiopia refuses to leave. And Ethiopia cannot afford a long term war in southern Somalia as they are too vulnerable to FANO and OLA.

They very much did. Otherwise Egypt wouldn't be sending weapons to Somalia, another act that was obviously sanctioned by America.

View attachment 344684

Why you quote some random article which uses the word you want and avoid the actual AU communique which said welcomed? You are trying too hard to dash from the truth.

Egypt can make it's own deals with the FGS outside of the framework of AUSSOM which is how those transfers are occuring. There's no connection between them at all.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Why you quote some random article which uses the word you want and avoid the actual AU communique which said welcomed? You are trying too hard to dash from the truth.

Egypt can make it's own deals with the FGS outside of the framework of AUSSOM which is how those transfers are occuring. There's no connection between them at all.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN
Every article is saying the same thing, not my fault you ignored all the news and cherrypick for own conveniance.

Lol the weapon deal isn't seperate from AUSSOM at all. Its directly related to their initiative of sending troops to Somalia.

Every article is saying the same thing, not my fault you ignored all the news and cherrypick for own conveniance.

Lol the weapon deal isn't seperate from AUSSOM at all. Its directly related to their initiative of sending troops to Somalia.

So you are disputing the official source wording? Lol.

I'm just here for the mental gymnastics at this point.

Plenty of articles correctly reported it if you want to take a look.

AUSSOM isn't even authorized so ofcourse it's seperate.

Actions speak louder than words. Egypt is on the move while Ethiopia is frozen and not doing much.

Can't wait for your tears for when Egyptian troops get stationed near Ethiopia.

I don't care either way.

I just don't accept the pretense of Somali state authority, that lie needs to die off quick.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Somalia govt can’t defeat 10k Al shabab with help of African Union and western air power

They won’t lift finger against Ethiopia. Only group thats crazy enough to do it is Al shabab

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
I don't care either way.

I just don't accept the pretense of Somali state authority, that lie needs to die off quick.
Over 1 million innocent civilians (AUN) have perished in the Ethiopian civil war/s, millions more are starving and are currently experiencing another mass famine (if your wondering the number it’s approx 25 million people, whilst approx 5 million are displaced from civil unrest). The economy is suffering tremendously, due to your uncles recklessness, the Ethiopian military is experiencing mass defections due to, well I’m sure that’s self explanatory. With all these issues your country is facing, I’m flabbergasted with your obsession with us Somalis. I’m won’t even get into your naivety, regarding your “geopolitical analysis”.

This is not a troll post, nor am I writing this to insult or ridicule you, I’m genuinely curious, regarding your motivation. Do you enjoy “trolling” or is it a psychological issue at play here, do you think you have something to prove to us ? Hope to hear from you soon, cheers.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
UNSC acting under chapter 7 can do what they want.

So FGS who needs peace keepers because they can't fight a war is going to fight a war against the peace keepers. The logic is missing.

Math What GIF by Riki Barker

Nothing in Chapter 7 of the UN charter pertains to the presence of Ethiopian troops in Somalia. Somalia will simply say "Ethiopia is a country that is contemplating actions that would violate our sovereignty & territorial integrity. We request that the UNSC choose for AUSSOM troop contributing countries that respect our sovereignty and territorial integrity. " That's it. Puff and Ethiopia is gone.

It is not up to the US or the Security Council to provide consent to the presence of Ethiopian troops on Somalia soil post 31st Dec. It is entirely up to the FGS. China & Russia will not authorize AUSSOM if it does not have host state consent.

@Kamaaludeen Al Reewin I think you are exaggerating what the Ethiopians do in KGS. They basically garrison Baydhabo, Buur Hakaba, Xuddur, Waajid etc and barely conduct any operations. The Egyptians are more than capable of replacing them.

Last edited:
View attachment 344680

Completely wrong as usual. The US line appears to be Somalian tensions with Ethiopia is no excuse for changing Ethiopia out for Egypt or anyone else. Begggar can't be choosers no matter how hard you cry.
First of all it's Somali how many times do we have to point out to you raw meat muncher, secondly yes Ethiopia will be out if Somalia wishes so, if they refuse then it's clearly an occupation and they'll be dealt with.. Remember you are on a Somali forum and not a Somalian forum.. Balaayo caqli xun.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
They very much did. Otherwise Egypt wouldn't be sending weapons to Somalia, another act that was obviously sanctioned by America.

View attachment 344684

Our friend @Itsnotthateasy does not understand what a win it was for Somalia to get the AU to endorse the Egyptians to take part in AUSSOM. Somalia was lucky because the Ethiopians were not present at that meeting.

Listen to C/Raxmaan C/Shakuur make this point:

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Nothing in Chapter 7 of the UN charter pertains to the presence of Ethiopian troops in Somalia. Somalia will simply say "Ethiopia is a country that is contemplating actions that would violate our sovereignty & territorial integrity. We request that the UNSC choose for AUSSOM troop contributing countries that respect our sovereignty and territorial integrity. " That's it. Puff and Ethiopia is gone.

It is not up to the US or the Security Council to provide consent to the presence of Ethiopian troops on Somalia soil post 31st Dec. It is entirely up to the FGS. China & Russia will not authorize AUSSOM if it does not have host state consent.

@Kamaaludeen Al Reewin I think you are exaggerating what the Ethiopians do in KGS. They basically garrison Baydhabo, Buur Hakaba, Xuddur, Waajid etc and barely conduct any operations. The Egyptians are more than capable of replacing them.

Our friend @Itsnotthateasy does not understand what a win it was for Somalia to get the AU to endorse the Egyptians to take part in AUSSOM. Somalia was lucky because the Ethiopians were not present at that meeting.

Listen to C/Raxmaan C/Shakuur make this point:

Chapter 7 is legally binding on the state and Ofcourse Somalia can make a request but we've seen the US Ambassador to UN has repeatedly rejected calls to change troop contributing countries and the excuse that tensions in the region should interfere with the ATMIS follow on mission.

China and Russia don't have significant interests in Somalia. Somalia is in the western camp and they are not interested in your pleas lol.

Remarks at a UN Security Council Briefing on Somalia​

October 3rd 2024

1728039877595.png

June 24, 2024

1728040006931.png

----------------------------------

The Egyptians were not endorsed. Egypt and Djibouti just happen to be on the AU peace and security council this term and they made an offer (to themselves, lol) which was welcomed the other members. The final mission wil be authorized by the UNSC and we can already see the US position is quite clear.

Last edited:
Over 1 million innocent civilians (AUN) have perished in the Ethiopian civil war/s, millions more are starving and are currently experiencing another mass famine (if your wondering the number it’s approx 25 million people, whilst approx 5 million are displaced from civil unrest). The economy is suffering tremendously, due to your uncles recklessness, the Ethiopian military is experiencing mass defections due to, well I’m sure that’s self explanatory. With all these issues your country is facing, I’m flabbergasted with your obsession with us Somalis. I’m won’t even get into your naivety, regarding your “geopolitical analysis”.

This is not a troll post, nor am I writing this to insult or ridicule you, I’m genuinely curious, regarding your motivation. Do you enjoy “trolling” or is it a psychological issue at play here, do you think you have something to prove to us ? Hope to hear from you soon, cheers.

First of all it's Somali how many times do we have to point out to you raw meat muncher, secondly yes Ethiopia will be out if Somalia wishes so, if they refuse then it's clearly an occupation and they'll be dealt with.. Remember you are on a Somali forum and not a Somalian forum.. Balaayo caqli xun.

I Cant Hear You Season 2 GIF by Martin

Chapter 7 is legally binding on the state and Ofcourse Somalia can make a request but we've seen the US Ambassador to UN has repeatedly rejected calls to change troop contributing countries and the excuse that tensions in the region should interfere with the ATMIS follow on mission.

China and Russia don't have significant interests in Somalia. Somalia is in the western camp and they are not interested in your pleas lol.

Remarks at a UN Security Council Briefing on Somalia​

October 3rd 2024

View attachment 344715

June 24, 2024

View attachment 344717

----------------------------------

The Egyptians were not endorsed. Egypt and Djibouti just happen to be on the AU peace and security council this term and they made an offer (to themselves, lol) which was welcomed the other members. The final mission wil be authorized by the UNSC and we can already see the US position is quite clear.
The regional tensions are all the more reason why Ethiopia won't be apart of this new mission since they are the ones causing it. What sense is there to allow Ethiopia to stay when they made their aggressive stance against Somalia clear? The U.S. ambassador can yap all he wants, America knows a shift in strategy against Al-Shabab is needed as such that will require Ethiopia getting the boot.

Give up this sorry act. Egypt is already involved via them sending weapons to Somalia, with many more on the way. Egypt is also the single most important African ally of the west and has proven itself capable of defeating militants as seen with their successful campaign against the Sinai insurgency. Ethiopia by comparison has no track record of weakening Al-Shabab or defeating them at all in Somalia.

Last edited:

Trending