Somalis have the lowest household income in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waraabe

Your superior
Indians like other Asians concentrate on education and nothing else while your typical African is listening to music and thinking about the whether their 'swag' is on point.

You also don't see Indians popping out 8 kids while on gov welfare

Apollo

VIP
Indians like other Asians concentrate on education and nothing else while your typical African is listening to music and thinking about the whether their 'swag' is on point.
You also don't see Indians popping out 8 kids while on gov welfare

Indians are pretty retarded on average, for fck's sake they have an epidemic of public defecation in India. It's just that the ones coming to the West are highly selected through though visa requirements (almost no Indian refugees accepted). You aren't seeing the average Indian.

waraabe

Your superior
Indians are pretty retarded on average, for fck's sake they have an epidemic of public defecation in India. It's just that the ones coming to the West are highly selected through though visa requirements (almost no Indian refugees accepted). You aren't seeing the average Indian.

So shitting in public (due to lack of toilets) makes you retarded?

You damn well know it isn't the ones coming here but the ones born here who do well in education and go on to have good careers. If we compare them to the Somalis born here then you know they don't measure up to the Indians born here.

Sxb the first solution to a problem is realising there is a problem and not making excuses. Somali community is doing bad whether it is new arrivals or those born here

Apollo

VIP

It is a clear indication that the population isn't very bright if that becomes an epidemic.

If Western countries gave relaxed asylum acceptance to Indians like they do with Somalis their median statistics would also drop like a rock.

You damn well know it isn't the ones coming here but the ones born here who do well in education and go on to have good careers. If we compare them to the Somalis born here then you know they don't measure up to the Indians born here.

Sxb the first solution to a problem is realising there is a problem and not making excuses. Somali community is doing bad whether it is new arrivals or those born here
The Indians in America are those who could afford going to America as immigrants and who are highly educated/intelligent. The top of the crop.

waraabe

Your superior
The Indians in America are those who could afford going to America as immigrants and who are highly educated/intelligent. The top of the crop.

Not only in America but lot of western countries like the UK. Also you have low skilled Indians such as shop workers and other low skilled jobs. Compare Indian kids born in the west to Somali kis born in the west and you still get an over achieving communist and under achieving community

waraabe

Your superior
It is a clear indication that the population isn't very bright if that becomes an epidemic.

If Western countries gave relaxed asylum acceptance to Indians like they do with Somalis their median statistics would also drop like a rock.

Love the way you didn't comment on Indians born in the west and Somalis born in the west

Not only in America but lot of western countries like the UK. Also you have low skilled Indians such as shop workers and other low skilled jobs. Compare Indian kids born in the west to Somali kis born in the west and you still get an over achieving communist and under achieving community

Vast majority of Somalis born in the West are still under-aged, they are not part of the workforce. Plus they are vastly outnumbered by the FOBs.
Give it some time. Progress isn't instant + this ^

How does working together get you into top roles?

I worked with them, they hid the mistakes of new employee and fixed it just to show that they are more qualified. My friend got hired to new company her co workers( all are Indian) helped her. She send them emails before taking any step. So, they will look better employees. It is all about the image.

Taiwanese? We both know Taiwanese constitute a much smaller and negligible subset of the Asian-American population. This is a disingenuous tactic on your part.

Instead, we should look at the census data of Asian-Americans as a whole, and do a direct comparison to blacks which will paint a more factual picture of the reality at hand.

Taiwanese Americans

Compared to the roughly 2.7 million Chinese living in America, the Taiwanese American population is a tiny drop in the bucket. The 2000 Census counted just 144,795 Taiwanese Americans in the United States, with more than 75,000 -- or about half -- living in California (there are also Taiwanese clustered around Washington D.C., Houston, and the suburbs of New York City).

According to Pew, the 70% number for Indians is not far off but they are beating the other Asians by a large margin:

5 facts about Indian Americans

2012-sdt-asian-americans-0232.png

Yet, out all of those groups, other than Koreans and Vietnamese, all the other groups are outearning Nigerians by a large margin which further demonstrates what I have been saying all along: Despite a higher educational achievement, there are clear barriers experienced by certain ethnic groups in entry to the labour force.

This is nothing more than baseless speculation on your part. Unless you have actual facts to support your assertions, they are meaningless. Furthermore, it is highly unlikely white high school dropouts come from households that have money locked away in swiss bank accounts or come from that "old" money. Education and wealth are highly correlated, and those folks who come from that "old money" are generally going to the ivy leagues. The Bush family and the Yale educated genius that is George W. Bush is a good example that comes to mind.

There are whites in engineering jobs (without the p eng requirement) and finance jobs as well, but are you trying to tell me with a straight face the average white is going to get around HR these days and their hundreds of lists of requirements without a degree and experience because of the number of whites you can literally count on both hands that are doing it? That is not how statistics work, my friend. We are talking about the typical white high school dropout here, not Michael Faradays of the world.

Also, these assertions do nothing to disprove the fundamental argument I am making here. East-Asians do not seem to suffer the same quantifiable barriers to employment that most other ethnic groups, in particular Hispanics and blacks, seem to suffer. Ergo, all of your pseudo-explanations of "networking" and "trades" are worthless. There you also go again with bigging up your profession, as if the average programming job requires you to be deriving the second and third order corrections to perturbative quantum fields in curved space. The average CS graduate is more than equipped to handle most programming and software jobs. :mjpls:

First of all, you said “I expected Nigerians to be much higher on the list, considering they are the ethnic group with the highest educational attainment in the US”. Which was wrong and Nigerian is an ethnic group, not a race. Now you want to compare races (Asians to Blacks). I was talking about ethnic groups and sub-groups of races, not race as a whole. The Taiwanese and Nigerian comparison was fair, as there are 238k Nigerians and 366K Taiwanese according to the 2014 census. I was comparing education by bachelor’s degree attainment.

“This is nothing more than baseless speculation on your part. Unless you have actual facts to support your assertions, they are meaningless. Furthermore, it is highly unlikely white high school dropouts come from households that have money locked away in swiss bank accounts or come from that "old" money.”

What are you talking about? I was talking about assets, such as a parent/grandparent home or gold.

“There are whites in engineering jobs (without the p eng requirement) and finance jobs as well, but are you trying to tell me with a straight face the average white is going to get around HR these days and their hundreds of lists of requirements without a degree and experience because of the number of whites you can literally count on both hands that are doing it?”

Yes, I personally know average Joe’s who got high paying jobs without a degree, but by having boot camp training or self training. These people either work for startup tech companies or median size ones. Most general companies prefer someone with a degree.

“Also, these assertions do nothing to disprove the fundamental argument I am making here. East-Asians do not seem to suffer the same quantifiable barriers to employment that most other ethnic groups, in particular Hispanics and blacks, seem to suffer. Ergo, all of your pseudo-explanations of "networking" and "trades" are worthless”

No, you just don’t understanding what I’m clearly saying. I never claimed all the things I’m saying as facts. The stuff related to programming jobs are from my personal experience (as I’m in school for Computer Science) and surveys done by programmers themselves.

http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2015

You were the one that said there is “racism” in the American labor market, but you haven’t proofed anything. Your article didn’t proof any racism on how whites are wealthier than blacks and Hispanics even though they’re high school drop outs. I never claim anything as facts, other than making assumptions. We both don’t know how white drop outs are wealthier other than making claims/assumptions we have no proof for.

There are a lot of factors that are missing before making a judgment on this. Like I said, how many white HS drop outs created new companies, or taken over family businesses or got family assets(home, gold etc) compare to black’s and Hispanic’s? Unless you can proof there is discrimination in the labor market were white high school drop outs are getting jobs over black and Hispanic college graduates, get off the oppression bandwagon.

I didn't log in here since Thursday, and I'm surprised that people are still arguing about this. We as a people are lagging behind, so instead of making excuses or shaming, you should improve yourself and help your people if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts