Sometimes I watch interviews on the Breakfast Club YouTube channel and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis have only been in America since the 1990s

Somalis have existed for thousands of years, so if you like we could make it more than fair for you, by giving you a large advantage and compare notable contributions in the fields of math, science, technology, and medicine that were ground breaking for their time.

Should be fairly simple seeing as you have a multi-millennium long time span to work with whereas we only have 151 years living as free people(but still a nationless minority) to work with.

You go first, then I'll match yours. Should be interesting.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Somalis have existed for thousands of years, so if you like we could make it more than fair for you, and even give you a large advantage and compare notable contributions in the fields of math, science, technology, and medicine that were ground breaking for their time.

Should be fairly simple seeing as you have a multi-millennium long time span to work with whereas we only have 151 years living as free people(but still a nationless minority) to work with.

You go first, then I'll match yours. Should be interesting.

And we have a beautiful history. Using the civil war as a reason to mock us does not hold especially when we have a 5000 year old history, when we traded with ancient empires in China and even went to war with them. I don't have all the facts but @Canuck has a lot to teach you about our history, our empires and so fort.

Speaking proper English when it's not your native tongue but in fact your third language shows signs of being persistent determined and intelligent. It's not something to mock but something to praise and expect.

So, if you don't like me mocking the somali accent then why are you attempting to single out and decry AAVE, when it's just one of millions of so called(because there is no universally agreed upon standard rules of the English language as there are for French) non-standard forms of english out there? Because it's spoken by AAs and you have an obsessively malicious jealously towards them?

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
@Bob Marley lol, when I went to an office to pick up paper work with my aunt and the lady was an AA, and my mom couldn't say her name properly, she was like a lot of people from ur country mispronounce my name and can't pronounce certain sounds. The average AA knows a lot more English than the average Somali in the U.S. Stop embarrassing yourselves

Bob Marley

retired
Somalis in USA are less than 500k . AAs are 50 million. Somalis mostly arrived in the 90s and most arrived poor.

Same case with Ethiopians yet you don't see them involved in prostitution rings/human trafficking nearly as much as Somalis.
Ethiopia even manages to have talented artists such as The Weeknd

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
@Bob Marley lol, when I went to an office to pick up paper work with my aunt and the lady was an AA, and my mom couldn't say her name properly, she was like a lot of people from ur country mispronounce my name and can't pronounce certain sounds. The average AA knows a lot more English than the average Somali in the U.S. Stop embarrassing yourselves

As they should. It's their fucking language. That's my whole point in this thread.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
As they should. It's their fucking language. That's my whole point in this thread.
I know but @Geeljire were saying you know better English and such, I mean it's funny because most Somalis living abroad weren't born there as compared to AA and so on. Lol.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

wait you went with your aunt or your mother? Either way aunt/mom is an immigrant what do you expect?

And we have a beautiful history. Using the civil war as a reason to mock us does not hold especially when we have a 5000 year old history, when we traded with ancient empires in China and even went to war with them. I don't have all the facts but @Canuck has a lot to teach you about our history, our empires and so fort.

From what I understand(which I admit is limited), the most advanced Somali civilizations, were based on the Swahili-Bantu economic model of maritime trade along select coastal cities and relied heavily on military support form Ottoman and Arab-Omani empires(to be fair, so did the Swahilis). But, other than that Somalis always have been, by and large, nomadic pastoral people.

But, this still isn't what I'm asking. If you could give me the names of notable somali mathematicians, scientist, inventors, or researchers I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Same case with Ethiopians yet you don't see them involved in prostitution rings/human trafficking nearly as much as Somalis.

So? Iman is Somali. Means nothing.

FYI, Ethiopians hate you more than we supposedly do. I know you have a grudge against us but you obviously don't know Ethiopians as well as we do. It's sad that Somali trolls have made you this obsessed. Go to Stormfront and see who your real enemy is. It isn't Somalis.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

LMAO Addis is the brothel of the world. What are you talking about? Half of them have HIV/Aids.

FYI, Ethiopians hate you more than we supposedly do. I know you have a grudge against us but you obviously don't know Ethiopians as well as we do. It's sad that Somali trolls have made you this obsessed. Go to Stormfront and see who your real enemy is. It isn't Somalis.

Ethiopians(I assume you mean habeshas), although not related by ancestry, share a much deeper history with us than you probably are aware of.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
From what I understand(which I admit is limited), the most advanced Somali civilizations, were based on the Swahili-Bantu economic model of maritime trade along select coastal cities and relied on military support form Ottoman and Arab-Omani empires(to be fair so did the Swahilis). But, other than that Somalis always have been, by and large, nomadic pastoral people.

But, this still isn't what I'm asking. If you could give me the names of notable somali mathematicians, scientist, inventors, or researchers I'd appreciate it.

No it was not Somalia traded and built up their own societies way before the Swahili trade. ottoman and arab aspects are pretty recent parts of our history not that old nor that significant. Like I said a 5000 year old history there have been found boast that are older than fucking ancient egypt in Somalia.
ShenDuGiraffePainting.jpg

It's a shame that our history is oral. You can google that shit yourself.

Bob Marley

retired

So what about the Somalis constantly trolling other people's forums?
Are they not obsessed?

Status
Not open for further replies.