@ Step a side

Cushites originated through a mixture of an ancestral east african and natufian-like population. Your paternal lineage comes from a natufian-like population which later mixed with ancestral east africans down the line
I’m aware, I was under the impression eurasian women didn’t come with the males.. so my female ancestors most likely mixed with nilotes as well 🤔

Juke

VIP
I’m aware, I was under the impression eurasian women didn’t come with the males.. so my female ancestors most likely mixed with nilotes as well 🤔
~40% of Somali mtdna is Eurasian

c3S1YXA.png

Both E-M35 and J1 are far too old to be Somali, Arab, Semitic or Cushitic. When these sub clades were born non of today’s modern ethnicities existed.

E-M35 was most likely born near the Red Sea on the African coast but entered Arabia extremely early on in history. Till this day it’s the 2nd largest Arab lineage in Arabia. J1 came to Arabia from the Caucuses/Zargos region and we know this because there are some of the oldest J1 branches in the Caucuses, Anatolia etc.

When J1 entered Arabia from the Zagros region it brought with it Iranian Neolithic ancestry to the region. This is why Arabs have that component. The Natufian component however is much more dominant in Arabia and that’s because before J1 entered Arabia during the chalcolithic period it was already inhabited by hunter and gatheres with Natufian like blood and we all know from ancient samples taken in the levant that the Natufians were mostly Eb1b (E-M35).

Also all the E1b1b groups have Natufian related ancestry similar to Arabs but not all J1 groups have Natufian related ancestry.

Also the Semitic language is Afro Asiatic and matches the distribution of E-M35 perfectly. This is why it’s widely accepted that E-M123 or its child E-M34 is really the original Semitic group and influenced J1-P58, P56 when they reached the southern Levant and Arabia.

Afro Asiatic map

View attachment 325663

Natufian related ancestry map

View attachment 325664

And the E-M35 map

View attachment 325665

How did modern Semites become majority j1 carries while most of their ancestry remained Natifuan (while also inheriting their language from them)?

I have seen many people saying this story, and that the dynasty is Arab, so I am frankly neutral on this subject, but I think it is not true.

Those Arabs are right. Some E-V32 expanded into Arabia via Sinai very early on from Egypt/Sudan region. So yes, those E-V32 Arabs are as much Arab as a J1 or T1a etc Arab. Obviously some E-V32 are recent immigrants in Arabia as they came from East Africa recently.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
How did modern Semites become majority j1 carries while most of their ancestry remained Natifuan (while also inheriting their language from them)?
In the same way, a majority of our ancestry is Ancestral East African, they married Natufian women, and the majority of our Eurasian ancestry is Paternal.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
So technically speaking Somali males are more “Arabian” than j1 havers 🤔
Not Arabian (e-v32) but closely related to Natufian, T Somali are slightly different since they travelled with J and crossed over the read sea, arrived around the same time as E-V32 into the horn.

Just to clarify T also arrived in Africa through the Sinai and E-V32 crossed over to Arabia before arriving in the Horn.(the Somali E-V32 took the land route.)

The trade network in the region was crazy, cushites domesticated donkeys and Sorghum( I'm gluten-intolerant and can only eat Sorgum/teff injera or else I feel like shit.

Sorghum cultivation spread outside Africa around the 3rd Century possibly through Yemen and eventually to India in the 1st century BCE.

Last edited:
It’s perfectly normal. This happened all over the world. Kill a tribe off and take their women was the norm back in the days. This is why you will find R1a in Poland and R1a in Gujariti Indian. They both look different with different ancestries. The only thing that connects the Indian with the Polish is the shared steppe Yamnaya ancestry and the Indo European language but the bulk of their ancestries is vastly different

So technically speaking Somali males are more “Arabian” than j1 havers 🤔

Haplogroups like E-V32, J1 etc are older than modern ethnic groups like Arabs, Somali etc Arabia already had both E and J before the Arab ethnic group was formed.

I hope that they reach a point they can match human genealogy to these letters. It's too confusing and it doesn't really say much- no if we could say this haplogroup is descended from X son of Y that'd be so cool

They already did. We all go backs to Y chromosome Adam.

My abtirsi according to my chromosome would be

E-Y325713 child of E-BY8081 child of E-Y515840 child of E-Y18637 child of E-Y484733 child of E-Y18629 child of E-Y17859 child of E-Z813 child of E-CTS2295 child of E-V32 child of E-FGC14378 child of E-FGC14377 child of E-Y2863 child of E-V12 child of E-Z1902 child of E-M78 child of E-L539 child of E-M35 child of E-M215 child of E-M5557, child of E-P177 child of E-P147 child of E-M5479 child of E child of DE child of CT child of BT child of A1b child of A1, child of A0-T (Nabi Nuh or Adam)

In the same way, a majority of our ancestry is Ancestral East African, they married Natufian women, and the majority of our Eurasian ancestry is Paternal.

Good point, but for us our Natufian-like/ancient Nilotic ancestry is close to half/half. With Semites they can be 80%+ Natufian. How does that happen?

It’s perfectly normal. This happened all over the world. Kill a tribe off and take their women was the norm back in the days. This is why you will find R1a in Poland and R1a in Gujariti Indian. They both look different with different ancestries. The only thing that connects the Indian with the Polish is the shared steppe Yamnaya ancestry and the Indo European language but the bulk of their ancestries is vastly different

Why adopt the language of the people you conquered? The R1a carriers still retained their Indo-European language whereas the j1 conquerors switched to Semitic which was spoken by the conquered Natufians.

Trending

Latest posts