Sudan Conflict Updates: Army vs RSF

She probably stole that makeup from a beauty store in Khartoum
Wow, she looked wholesome back then. It shows she has been dipping her pen in the national ink, and partaking in the pillaging drills.
Oh yes I see you read that article on her. She was close to the Bashir regime which promoted chauvinism. This video is from the era when they cracked down on many artists but somehow she was left alone.

The military is similar in that regard, the song by Eman Alsharif that went viral a while back on TikTok is also very chauvinistic. Eman, Nada, and a couple other singers were invited to the general command back when Sudan retook Al-Fashaga from Ethiopia.
cZkRqnz.png
Yes, it came up in a conversation, when a good friend was heading to a wedding back in Sudan, and showed up to dinner all henna-ed up even his toes, and he is a man's man, and I was taken aback to say the least. He relayed it was a tradition, even for men to dole up for a wedding.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wow, she looked wholesome back then. It shows she has been dipping her pen in the national ink, and partaking in the pillaging drills.

Yes, it came up in a conversation, when a good friend was heading to a wedding back in Sudan, and showed up to dinner all henna-ed up even his toes, and he is a man's man, and I was taken aback to say the least. He relayed it was a tradition, even for men to dole up for a wedding.
Yeah that's a Sudanese tradition, my brother's Arab friends were shocked to see he returned from Sudan with henna. But it's still a different design from women's henna.
1691434056765.png

Yeah that's a Sudanese tradition, my brother's Arab friends were shocked to see he returned from Sudan with henna. But it's still a different design from women's henna.
View attachment 286669

From what he said, I believe they gave him dip, which is tobacco, and yeah it’s common in Africa. I don’t think they would’ve laced any drugs with it.

View attachment 286669
How has dolling up males become a tradition? Is it just henna, or do they also wear make-up? Do men not feel emasculated?

Yes, it was an awfully strong concoction, not something my pristine system was prepared for, and I suspect they might have mixed it with something.

From what he said, I believe they gave him dip, which is tobacco, and yeah it’s common in Africa. I don’t think they would’ve laced any drugs with it.
Tobacco itself is common, but judging by the white powder mixed into it that gave him that reaction it was probably laced. Not that I consume any drugs but I do know that lacing tobacco and marijuana is a thing in Sudan.

What actually is the genetic makeup of the baggara?

If assume it varies between different subgroups of them as they stretch from Nigeria to Sudan.
We are mostly Nilo-Saharan or nilotic with arab blood and other african admixture such as West African.

Rizeigat are the most Arab, wheras the Misseriya are the blackest (even more than I expected).
View attachment 286486

I don't think nationality plays a big role, some in Nigeria are very Arab. The ex-president of Niger that was recently overthrown is a light skinned Rizeigat.
230804-mohamed-bazoum-niger-mb-1148-da0068.jpg
Bazoum he's ouled sliman not a rizeigat. ouled sliman are from libya and they are majority located in Western Chad but they are a very minority in niger. Most of them live in Libya in the fezzan. He's not a baggarra and i think his maternel side is from the toubou tribe

We are mostly Nilo-Saharan or nilotic with arab blood and other african admixture such as West African.

Yeah, mostly Shatt Nuba in the case of the Misseriya of Kordofan; the Dinka and Nuer did not contribute a mention worthy amount of blood to any Baggara group

..Just want to put that out there

:mjpls:

Yeah, mostly Shatt Nuba in the case of the Misseriya of Kordofan; the Dinka and Nuer did not contribute a mention worthy amount of blood to any Baggara group

..Just want to put that out there

:mjpls:
maybe but many misseriya married dinka women and vice versa in the past still not now

Bazoum he's ouled sliman not a rizeigat. ouled sliman are from libya and they are majority located in Western Chad but they are a very minority in niger. Most of them live in Libya in the fezzan. He's not a baggarra and i think his maternel side is from the toubou tribe
Bazoum is Rizeigat and related to Himedti. Majority are in Sudan but there's thousands in Chad, Niger, and even Mauritania.

I don't know where you find this but this is not true at all. Arab from Niger are not part of the baggarra confederation. You have mostly ouled sliman from libya and the other moor from mauritania and northern mali who spoke hassayina dialect. They have zero Rizegat in Mauritania. If you said the true i will be curious to see your sources for this.

The other baggarra tribesman in niger (mostly Mahamid) are not really nigerien but mostly from darfur and chad. They arrived recently due to climate change in diffa region or other reason and are actually refugee, not native at all. Even the tribe of Bazoum in niger are not consider as native compared to the tuareg or the other arab minority such as moor. He's not Rizeigat but he's clan is perhaps related to the mahamid and rizeigat but they still distinct from them

Last edited:
I don't know where you find this but this is not true at all. Arab from Niger are not part of the baggarra confederation. You have mostly ouled sliman from libya and the other moor from mauritania and northern mali who spoke hassayina dialect. They have zero Rizegat in Mauritania. If you said the true i will be curious to see your sources for this.

The other baggarra tribesman in niger (mostly Mahamid) are not really nigerien but mostly from darfur and chad. They arrived recently due to climate change in diffa region or other reason and are actually refugee, not native at all. Even the tribe of Bazoum in niger are not consider as native compared to the tuareg or the other arab minority such as moor. He's not Rizeigat but he's clan is perhaps related to the mahamid and rizeigat but they still distinct from them

You're a baggara I assume, what's your stance on the RSF?

maybe but many misseriya married dinka women and vice versa in the past still not now

Those marriages were usually between prominent families and were meant to engender and cement Truces on the borderlands; the Dinka and Nuer are not source populations for the Baggara because (unlike the poor Nuba) we were not conquered and absorbed.

These nationless gypsies move around everywhere. Of course he'd lie about his tribe and claim some obscure (possibly made up) clan. Anyways his tribe doesn't even matter since he's now locked up in a cage by bantus.

That is an interesting turn of event. These media orgs take their cues from the State Dept., and only take such actions when instructed.

'Facebook acknowledged to Middle East Eye that they had taken down RSF from their platforms due to a violation of their policy concerning Dangerous Organizations and Individuals'.