The key to success for any Somali hungry for it is to live in a city with very few or no Somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in a rural area of just cadaans, and still speak better Somali than most of these kids in Toronto who themselves grew up around Somalis only and succumbed not only to alcohol, zina and kufr but crime and murder. Look no further than @AbdiJohnson and @Knowthyself for prime examples.

You can stay in touch with your roots by taking constant vacations back home and taking your kids there, instead of fraternizing with degenerates and losers in the hopes of staying true to who you are. One is beneficial, while the other is completely destructive.
i grew up around cadaans though :drakewtf:

Yeah it's better to move to places where the people there are all going after success, like NYC or silicon valley.

No one gives a shit where you came from over there.

Even in these places perception and image is key. Remember Toronto prides itself as being one of the most diverse and liberal cities in the west, and a lot of those Bay Street types who would never associate with you see themselves as lovers of "multiculturalism" and defenders of "diversity".

I guarantee you if Somalis were as ubiquitous in Manhattan as they are in Toronto, things will still be the same as far as opportunity is concerned.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Am I correct in assuming this is temporary? As in separate yourself from Somalis and when you and your offspring attain success mingle again but only with other people who aren't f*ck ups? That way you create safer spaces for Somalis to have better connections in?

I don't think it's about Somalis necessarily, just the sort of behaviors we have adopted from our neighbors i.e. hood bullshit.

Although we have yet to reach Toronto tier shit (no offense :icon lol:) 90% of the second generation here are indistinguishable from your average AA hoodlum, from their accent, to their clothing, to their lifestyle :O27GWRK:

DMV has one of the most successful small Somali communities I've seen and most lived around big percentage of middle class AAs. The main determinant is economics, people have low ambitions in hoods. Seeing that you lived in rural bumblefuck Canada you had a built-in motivator to make you achieve better, you didn't want to stay there.

I do agree too much association with Somalis is bad for networking and career advancement, in most cities.

Hah that's why my parents have started distancing themselves from the Somali community, especially in London :chrisfreshhah: back in Copenhagen I used to know every heble Somali living in our neighborhood, no I barely know any despite living around a bunch of somalis.

I prefer it tbh, no more snitching aunties :drakelaugh:

There are couple Somali guys and a Somali girl in my networking circle. In fact, I got my first internship because a faarax forwarded my resume to his boss. I met this guy during refugee soccer tournaments.:mjlol:
The Somali girl is a chemist and the other two faaraxs are coming up now. The rest are cadaans and indhayars and one bengali guy. And there is a half Arab half white chick who has got connections. I still hang around Somalis tho. I guess you can say I live a double life lol.

I cannot hang out with non Somalis and be comfortable.

I know this topic is going to rub certain delusional people the wrong way. That living in a community filled with dysfunction and losers has no affect on your overall rate of success in the professional world, or that Somalis are among the most successful minority groups despite all of the statistics that point otherwise, which they will call "propaganda".

But when the only images of your people that proliferate in a city is this:

Or this being the main enterprise they are known to engage in:

Successful people naturally will gravitate away from you, will shun you when it comes to networking opportunities, and it becomes that much harder to penetrate those social circles. I've experienced this myself on trips to the major American cities with almost no Somalis and Toronto. People are naturally much more friendly, open, and interested in networking and developing a mutually beneficial relationship when you are the first and only Somali they have ever met in their lives.

Your community image is important, especially when that community has no meaningful connections tot he business world. But let's just blame racism and continue to pretend that none of it matters, while Indians, Asians, and Arabs continue to leave you in the dust and you form the permanent underclasses for generations to come in these cities. :wow1:

The great problem of any society is the other people in that society. If the average person is getting pregnant and dropping out of school and certainly not interested in reading any books that dictates the tone of that area. People do come out of the situations to thrive, but what hold most back is the person next to them. So it is very hard to change one individual in a bad environment. You either have to isolate the person, or find some magical way to transform the entire society at once. And it is a generational problem. And it is not a race thing either, it is a poverty problem. Go see the White ghettos in South Africa or poor White America trailer camps or the slums in Wales UK. or France. Same story.

And when you see what happens to Somali youth in London and Canada, clearly the Western factor is working in there with the poverty thing. It is more than just poverty. Same with African Americans and everyone else

All poor and uneducated people behave the same in the West. Now I do not know about everywhere, but I have seen poor people that hold their dignity in parts of Africa and Middle east. They never went to Uni and have more Humanity than everyone at Harvard Law .

So I think the Western set up is also part of the problem.

Gambar

VIP
Somalis are very satisfied playing victims or claiming the issues plaguing the community is because of anti black racism. Racism is obviously an issue, but we grew up with a sense of identity we are not like black people who had it taken away from them and have no culture. My parents kept me a bit isolated from other Somalis, and I went back home every year since I was 10 (we were also middle class).

I think they didn't want me influenced by bad influences of other Somali kids who would engage in behaviors such as stealing, beating people up, drinking alcohol, etc. Staying away from them helped me a lot. When you are around people who've been in the same situation since 1991 (even earlier) and are now 40 year old drug dealers most likely you'll fall into the same traps.

The funniest thing is, staying away from Somalis here has helped me be more cultured I know Somali and know the culture, I'm married to a Somali man, got married in Somalia, and I'm going to have a Somali child. Most of these ciyaal say wallahi kids aren't even ciyaal but grown people over 25, who's parents don't know English and they don't know Somali which allowed them to basically get away with a lot.

Educated middle class Somalis have to do something about it. And not the same old same old sit around and talk and that's it. You need to get these people doing something and help them understand that this cycle of poverty further creates a cycle of degeneracy.

VixR

Veritas
I could've told you this. My parents figured this out early. They categorically disallowed certain groups, including Somalis, except those vetted by them. But years later, @Adolf-Hitler, the original Somali, calls me a shegato and thinks some White fellow named Grant is "more Somali than you", so who knows.

Somalis, and immigrants in general, that live in shady areas are suprised to find that they become part of that landscape.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Again, it ain't a Somali thing. By the time I hit high school, most of my friends were Somali. It's a certain type of Somali you should avoid, the wannabe hood nigga who starts shoplifting in middle school and moves on to petty drug dealing in high school.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Your parents sound like coons tbh
:ohdamn:

My parents told me gaalada, and in particular white hoes, iska ilaali

Somalis are very satisfied playing victims or claiming the issues plaguing the community is because of anti black racism. Racism is obviously an issue, but we grew up with a sense of identity we are not like black people who had it taken away from them and have no culture. My parents kept me a bit isolated from other Somalis, and I went back home every year since I was 10 (we were also middle class).

I think they didn't want me influenced by bad influences of other Somali kids who would engage in behaviors such as stealing, beating people up, drinking alcohol, etc. Staying away from them helped me a lot. When you are around people who've been in the same situation since 1991 (even earlier) and are now 40 year old drug dealers most likely you'll fall into the same traps.

The funniest thing is, staying away from Somalis here has helped me be more cultured I know Somali and know the culture, I'm married to a Somali man, got married in Somalia, and I'm going to have a Somali child. Most of these ciyaal say wallahi kids aren't even ciyaal but grown people over 25, who's parents don't know English and they don't know Somali which allowed them to basically get away with a lot.

Educated middle class Somalis have to do something about it. And not the same old same old sit around and talk and that's it. You need to get these people doing something and help them understand that this cycle of poverty further creates a cycle of degeneracy.

pizzaslayer.gif

VixR

Veritas

They're hyper-aware and protective.

See, that sounds like a strange thing to tell a kid. My parents never said stuff like that.

Gambar

VIP

I think all Somali parents tell us "gaalada xaarka iyo kaadidada iskama dhaqaan/tirtiraan" as a reason to stay away from them.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
They're hyper-aware and protective.

See, that sounds like a strange thing to tell a kid. My parents never said stuff like that.

So your parents telling you to avoid Somali kids is normal yet telling me to avoid despicable gaalo and in particular fake rape artist cadaan women is weird? :icon lol:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I think all Somali parents tell us "gaalada xaarka iyo kaadidada iskama dhaqaan/tirtiraan" as a reason to stay away from them.

Well they were right. My cadaan friends were getting wasted at 15-16. I actually saw one a while back, dude looks like he's in his mid 40s

:deadrose:

Status
Not open for further replies.