The Ultimate Thread: Are we Black?

Are we black?

• Yes

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 43.3%

• Total voters
majority of the world? you mean white people. so youre telling us we should have identified as biracials 100 years ago because colonialists called us mixed.

The Somali is therefore a Hamito-Semitic race.
In most of the tribes will be seen the unquestionably
Semitic straight or aquiline nose with a more or less
refined type of countenance.

https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli.2015.81470/2015.81470.British-Somali-Land_djvu.txt
Listen you incel. whites arabs indians east asians other africans and latin americans will consider the average somali as a black person from africa. The average somali doesn't look like a mixed race. I can't believe i have to explain this to you.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
majority of the world? you mean white people. so youre telling us we should have identified as biracials 100 years ago because colonialists called us mixed.

The Somali is therefore a Hamito-Semitic race.
In most of the tribes will be seen the unquestionably
Semitic straight or aquiline nose with a more or less
refined type of countenance.

https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli.2015.81470/2015.81470.British-Somali-Land_djvu.txt

@kulane:

jon jafari table flip GIF

Sol

?
The meaning and mentality behind it is what I'm against. It colours (no pun intended) countless different cultures and people under one banner simplifying and belittling all that rich culture and history to a single colour. When you ask what race are you to a German, Japanese, Chinese, Russian etc the first thing they say is their country as opposed to madows (granted the vocal ones that are visible on the internet are African Americans) which go to a colour first. There is also a psychological reasoning behind it because you've been told to differentiate between the German and Russian you will naturally distinguish any praise/denouncement between the two whereas anything any madow person does is then passed on to the rest almost like a figurative herd of cattle that have no distinguishing marks between them.

Bit of a rant but yea I'm against people distinguishing themselves by skin colour as it reduces them to nothing but a single word (black) on the pages of media.

I consider myself black here in the West. I don't really care about racial labels tbh. However I figure this would be a funny thread to see what people think and what their rationales are.
I'm not black, I am muslim, somali
I do not share ancestry with 99% of blacks
I do not share same religion with 90% of blacks
I do not share same language/culture/traditions with 99% of blacks
I do not share the same history of 99% of blacks
And most importantly I do NOT look like 90% of blacks

Listen you incel. whites arabs indians east asians other africans and latin americans will consider the average somali as a black person from africa. The average somali doesn't look like a mixed race. I can't believe i have to explain this to you.
bullshit blm undercover agent, same tired talking points "we are the same to them" "we are black blah blah" idc what some non-deodrant using indian or latin american gypsie thinks I am

The average Somali doesn't perceive being "black" as skin pigmentation, after all, they are not blind to the glaringly obvious colour of their epidermis.
What they would think is about the baggage that engulfs the title "Black". The cultural and historical associations that through centuries come to define who and what is black.

African-Americans and Carribeans would point out that people of direct African descent are not "truly black"!. What they are alluding to is that they do not share the historical context and struggles that made them who they are.

Somalis as an Ethnic group are/choose to isolate themselves from any kinship with their neighbours. Arabs, Africans and even our fellow Cushites are viewed as "other" and dare I add with rather some enmity.

Are dark skinned Indians or Sri Lankians black?
No
Do people perceive them as black?
No
Are they grouped with other black people?
No
Are Somalis black?
No
Are Somalis grouped with other black people?
No

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Its foolish to say you are not black if you especially live in the west. You might not identify as black, instead opting to identify solely as your ethnic which is perfectly fine but to deny that race exists is dumb. Currently we fall in the black race, no more hamitic clownery. You guys denying being black are stupid, its just a title.

Im literally an ethnocentrist and if people ask me if Im black, I would say yes.

As an outsider I have long decided to view Horn Africans as their own ethnic group (and subgroups).
AAs (a mix between heidelbergensis, neanderthalensis, denisovan, and finally the west.afro HGs), have nothing to do with people in this area.
However for some reason they are able to spread the "black" label wherever they go. A label forced onto them by the so-called "white man" (who are mainly of the Caucasian race Nordic type). Perhaps it's all a grand move to claim the culture of every dark-skinned ethnic group, perhaps they want to seek warmth from these aforementioned populations, or perhaps both.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
I don’t care what the white men sees me.

I don’t care the similar colour I share with: whether it’s a Nilotic or a Bantu.

I don’t care the similar features I share with: whether it’s a Eri/Ethio/Oromo.

I only consider what my father considers me and mother.

you’re only a social reject if you feel the need to adapt to a term that has no biological nor cultural relevance to your family or ancestry.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
As an outsider I have long decided to view Horn Africans as their own ethnic group (and subgroups).
AAs (a mix between heidelbergensis, neanderthalensis, denisovan, and finally the west.afro HGs), have nothing to do with people in this area.
However for some reason they are able to spread the "black" label wherever they go. A label forced onto them by the so-called "white man" (who are mainly of the Caucasian race Nordic type). Perhaps it's all a grand move to claim the culture of every dark-skinned ethnic group, perhaps they want to seek warmth from these aforementioned populations, or perhaps both.

Whats your ethnicity and how did you find somalispot? Also you are looking too deep on this race thing, black just means anybody with a darkskin, some would even call melanesians and indigenous australian black, its just a marker. As an identity it holds no weight.

reer

VIP
Whats your ethnicity and how did you find somalispot? Also you are looking too deep on this race thing, black just means anybody with a darkskin, some would even call melanesians and indigenous australian black, its just a marker. As an identity it holds no weight.
black doesnt have an identity outside american sphere. it has no language. no religion. no culture. and nothing to do with dna. similar thing as white americans using white as a label.
a black american identifying as black is fine. but a eg somali putting black as their identity is wrong. he has 1 religion and a ethnicity which he shares over 90% of his genetic makeup for over 2 thousand years.
if youre somali and say i identify as black because some ajnabis said so then that person is naive or doqon or lacks self esteem or is a western xalimo trying to join oppression olympics.

I explained it in another thread. Basically I am a Taiwanese who looks hilariously off by East Asian standards. I feel curious about some early Northeast African population migrations...etc. In the Culture & History board there are many informative threads.

Black/white/brown/yellows (hate to mention the last one) are labels that normally do no harm, that I can agree...but they are also more problematic than the 20th century racial classifications created by pseudo anthropologists.
All these labels are currently too entangled with left-wing movements and right-wing propaganda.

Or perhaps as an East Asian, this just feels peculiar and distant as we identify by nation and to a lesser degree ethnic group.

Regarding the marked part, again, it doesn't make sense to me. Back when the racial tension was even higher in America, there were people who even chose to denounce Italians with the n-word. It seems pointless especially when we are talking about genetically distinct populations.

However, I don't see a problem for you to identify as black, so long as it is your genuine choice. My problem is that people should not actively seek to place these labels on others.

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
black doesnt have an identity outside american sphere. it has no language. no religion. no culture. and nothing to do with dna. similar thing as white americans using white as a label.
a black american identifying as black is fine. but a eg somali putting black as their identity is wrong. he has 1 religion and a ethnicity which he shares over 90% of his genetic makeup for over 2 thousand years.
if youre somali and say i identify as black because some ajnabis said so then that person is naive or doqon or lacks self esteem or is a western xalimo trying to join oppression olympics.

Race exists, this is why us somalis group people into indoyar, madow, cadaan etc. Race is a reality and you should know how it afffects you. If you live in outside of Somalia, you should know especially know this. Im coming purely from the perspective of others.

My main point is, if you live outside of Somalia, especially in the west, not saying you are black while fully fitting part is idiotic. If it were not in our interests (financial, treatment, etc) to say we are not black, I would ditch the label but its not. Fortunately most somalis think how I think.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I explained it in another thread. Basically I am a Taiwanese who looks hilariously off by East Asian standards. I feel curious about some early Northeast African population migrations...etc. In the Culture & History board there are many informative threads.

Black/white/brown/yellows (hate to mention the last one) are labels that normally do no harm, that I can agree...but they are also more problematic than the 20th century racial classifications created by pseudo anthropologists.
All these labels are currently too entangled with left-wing movements and right-wing propaganda.

Or perhaps as an East Asian, this just feels peculiar and distant as we identify by nation and to a lesser degree ethnic group.

Regarding the marked part, again, it doesn't make sense to me. Back when the racial tension was even higher in America, there were people who even chose to denounce Italians with the n-word. It seems pointless especially when we are talking about genetically distinct populations.

However, I don't see a problem for you to identify as black, so long as it is your genuine choice. My problem is that people should not actively seek to place these labels on others.

Welcome and feel free to explore the culture/ history section, be aware we will be very suspicious of you kkkk. Also contribute if you can, east asian genetics are not known here.

Race exists because people will always label others. It will never change, so we need to keep these in minds, especially if we live in lands that are not ours. Thats what I want to say.