Are we black?

• Yes

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 43.3%

• Total voters

Som

VIP
Cause race is a social construct. Race is also based on appearance. To be precise in latin America if you look dark you are black, if you look light you aren't. They don't care that much about percentages. In America if you are even just 1/4 black you are black.
Each country or geographic area has it's own but for most criterias somalis would be considered black all over the world

North Africans have a significant amount of Subsaharan African blood though. Although less than Somalis. Somalis are like 60%SSA while NAs are 20% SSA.
You are correct, but what is your point with this comment? Even without their subsaharan we'd still probably be a bit closer genetically to them than West Africans.

I think it’s really sad that Somalis can’t move past this discussion. Why don’t Ethiopians or Oromo have these same convos? Why don’t they have a disdain for the black label as much as Somalis do? Something is off with Somalis wallahi. And the funny thing is most Somalis are dark. I’ve seen Ethiopians with more sharper features and lighter skin than Somalis. But it’s always Somalis claiming “I don’t claim European labels Im only Somali” next thing you know they say “Im Arab Bani Hashim”. So low IQ they don’t even realize Arabs have Black, white and brown Arabs and that claiming Arab makes you fall under Black Arab category lol. I don’t even care about the black label myself. But I know if anyone’s gonna have my back especially in nonAfrican countries it’s someone with my skin colour. These dummies who keep attacking Madow and talking nonsense are doing a good job at isolating Somalis from the rest of Africa.
It's usually madows that attack Somalis first, especially in the UK, Idk why you make it seem one sided.

Cause race is a social construct. Race is also based on appearance. To be precise in latin America if you look dark you are black, if you look light you aren't. They don't care that much about percentages. In America if you are even just 1/4 black you are black.
Each country or geographic area has it's own but for most criterias somalis would be considered black all over the world
And what is the Somali criteria? It's weird how we look at everyone elses criteria except our own.

We should claim madow for the race card benefits. Right now Somalis are in a position where it’s kind of socially acceptable to be racist to us

Som

VIP
And what is the Somali criteria? It's weird how we look at everyone elses criteria except our own.
Personally I accept all the main criterias. In the west I'm a black man but that is only a colour description, i know that as a somali I'm different culturally and ethnically than many subsaharan African BUT since I'm identified as a black guy I feel a loose sense of solidarity towards other black people. This doesn't mean i completely identify ethnically with them but I understand the problems and discrimination they face cause often times somalis are subject to the same type of discrimination in the west. I believe all black skinned people are fundamentally united by the hatred of the outside world ( whites, Arabs, Asians , Latins etc) and we should stick together for the purpose of fighting racism. In America police doesn't care if you have narrow nose and type 2 hair , if you are dark skinned you are an N word to them

Personally I accept all the main criterias. In the west I'm a black man but that is only a colour description, i know that as a somali I'm different culturally and ethnically than many subsaharan African BUT since I'm identified as a black guy I feel a loose sense of solidarity towards other black people. This doesn't mean i completely identify ethnically with them but I understand the problems and discrimination they face cause often times somalis are subject to the same type of discrimination in the west. I believe all black skinned people are fundamentally united by the hatred of the outside world ( whites, Arabs, Asians , Latins etc) and we should stick together for the purpose of fighting racism. In America police doesn't care if you have narrow nose and type 2 hair , if you are dark skinned you are an N word to them
I would agree, but a lot of them don't like Somalis so I don't care about them tbh.

^ That’s what happens when one deep-dives into the retarded site named Egyptsearch, saw some links/topics pointing to this site, before proceeding to discover some funny/interesting/brain dead stuff in those age old threads. Perfectly normal.
Go free yourself from the clutches of China.

Wallhi if your kind didn’t mixed with us this thread wouldn’t have happened.

:mjlol: :damn:

oh-yes-eddie-murphy (1).gif

Yeah, a portion of your ancestry is proto-Nilotic and they most likely had people that looked a lot like this Dinka woman below

Adau-Mornyang-35.jpg

And this Dinka or Nuer guy

De6PeZrXUAEsUdh.jpeg

..And this is precisely why you don't look exactly like North Africans.

You guys have to admit that it's a bit funny that you're related to the blackest people in Africa

laughing-steve-harvey.gif

Let's have some

chappelle-rick-james.gif

:drakelaugh: :pachah1:

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
View attachment 231027

Yeah, a portion of your ancestry is proto-Nilotic and they most likely had people that looked a lot like this Dinka woman below

View attachment 231029

And this Dinka or Nuer guy

View attachment 231032

..And this is precisely why you don't look exactly like North Africans.

You guys have to admit that it's a bit funny that you're related to the blackest people in Africa

View attachment 231034

Let's have some

View attachment 231035

:drakelaugh: :pachah1:

Through my observation this is what your Proto ancestry contributed and your Northern neighbouring counterparts.

Proto-Nilotic: big forehead.

North-African Eurasian: soft hair and features.

Proto-Nilotic: Afro hair or kinky.

North-African Eurasian: facial hair
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Proto-Nilotic: Dark skin.

North-African Eurasian: light skin.

Proto-Nilotic: sharp facial symmetry and pronounce facial structure.

North African Eurasian: 5’7ft

Proto-Nilotic: 6’7ft

Warya, do you identify as black?

That's like asking a Swede-Norwegian if they identify as white; if not us, then who?

:mjlol:

With that being said, I did find it a little annoying when white people assumed that my people somehow loved fried chicken or that we were great dancers.

:drakelaugh: