Tribal elder advises the father of Luul to forgive her killer and give him another wife.

Nah, she said google is free and then called me a feminist. If she’s serious about the deen, she would have googled it herself instead of saying nonsense with her chest. Also what woman seriously believes she can be r-worded and chopped up and a man get away with it by someone else paying Diya on his behalf? Does such a woman even have an ounce of self perseverance and the fact that she was quick to call me a ‘feminist’ for correcting her tells me everything I need to know.

I think she actually might be partially right. :ohhh:

It seems like it all depends on the Islamic courts ruling, there's scenarios where a perpetrator might not be killed and could instead receive the following combos instead
-100 lashes (hadd of zina/unmarried) and diyya/dowry payment
-banished from the land (hadd of Hirabah) and diyya payment
-hands and legs chopped (hadd of Hirabah) and diyya payment
- or just hadd of zina

https://islamcompass.com/punishment-for-rape-in-islamic-law/

The payed off Diyah is mostly common in rural nomadic areas, you can neither jail (There are no jail cells in Miiyi) or execute someone for a crime( in fear of retaliation). You pay a hefty fine as a punishment and are made to reconcile to prevent further violence.

Historically in Somalia the cities/states ,agricultural villages and coastal towns connected to sultanates people were either executed, put to trail (even trail by fire) and jailed.

During the two administrations after independence it was handled with severe punishment, policing and rape/killings were extremely rare as a consequence.

Same during the brief Islamic Courts Union era, where justice were mandated by non-clanal courts and parroling police units funded by business men.

It's important to understand this because the current situation in Somalia described by @Hodan from HR and @Angelina is deeply connected to collapse of the central state, which has been replaced with weak corrupt clan federalism, that was imposed on Somalis from the outside.

So people as a consequence have turned to the private sector for employment & basic services(93% of the jobs) not the public sector(government) which is riddled with nepotism & discrimination and to their local clan leaders for justice and law because they don't trust the corrupt state.

When historically Clan elders were outside of politics concerned with rural welfare, and acted as mediators and they were subject to and regulated by a over-arching non-clanal state actors and Sheikhs.

I encourage you all to read this to get an accurate understanding of the distortion of their role:

The Impact of the Role of Traditional Leaders on Politico-Governance in Somalia: Present Realities and Past Reflections

Today’s traditional office holders cannot functionally be equated to the pre-colonial or even pre 1980 traditional entities. The main difference is that the former was free from political patronage and was mainly making decisions on behalf of the people, but the latter works under political benefaction so it does not make the main decisions. Political patronage and office distortion have been practiced since the colonial era, and it was also used in the 1980s, but it has become out of control during the Civil War era. Most of the clan chiefs, within various levels, have become clients of corrupt politicians.
As a result, there are uncountable and mostly uncontrollable clan chiefs in the country today. Most of them don’t have the power they usually claim on their community. Another new common aspect among the incumbents is that almost all of them live in the cities and involve politics rather than developmental issues. The practice has deeply affected and corrupted these traditional institutions.

Admittedly, they are consumed by covering the failures of political leadership. They are allowed to deal with daily incidents instead of dealing with social developmental issues. They are dried out by doing police, municipal court, judiciary, and even parliamentary job. But still, they don’t mind to keep that problem on their shoulders. In that situation, they may help, but they cannot be a base for the process of building a modern state. And it’s difficult to expect from them that they can fully discern all dimensions of reconciliation requirements. It seems that they are losing their role to other sides

One of the recommendations:
The Somali government stands today for the role of the historical authoritative states. Since the role of the present-day elders can be compared to the historical chiefdoms at best, their role must be confined to sociocultural issues

Even the Kacaan government had a better grasp of their role than the current admin that distorts it as they were made into nabadoons tasked with only social-cultural communal issues.

And historically people all walks of life both men and women used to find employment in the cities/towns/villages pre-colonial era and in the independence era/revolutionary era by the state as the main employer. And foreign observers during the pre-colonial era remarked how justice was handled extremely well in the major towns.

So Somalis have to challenge and reform the system, instead of trying creating an image of a cultural status quo because it's not.
And we should broaden it to understand that it not only effects women badly but it affects all of us. Understanding that any one group or section that faces injustice is an injustice towards us all and that will make people act against it.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
YOUR vile and dishonest. Anyway like i shouldve done before, the convo has now ended. Go find an innocent farax to slander and lie against. Im not replying to your comments anymore. Keep yapping :hillarybiz:
Haha im glad a fellow Somali woman called out this woman. She has gone crazy!
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I think she actually might be partially right. :ohhh:

It seems like it all depends on the Islamic courts ruling, there's scenarios where a perpetrator might not be killed and could instead receive the following combos instead
-100 lashes (hadd of zina/unmarried) and diyya/dowry payment
-banished from the land (hadd of Hirabah) and diyya payment
-hands and legs chopped (hadd of Hirabah) and diyya payment
- or just hadd of zina

https://islamcompass.com/punishment-for-rape-in-islamic-law/
Mehr AND lashes. That’s what it says.

Very different to just Diya paid on behalf of the perpetrator.

If a Zani is lashed under Islam what makes you think a rapist can just pay a Diya fine?

She’s not partially RIGHT at all and she’s still a liar.

Last edited:
Since when do "women" use the word "feminazi".

Is this another man parading around in a cyber bra?
She’s a silly pick me with no common sense and an abundance of self hatred. Let her go on about how a woman that is raped just receives diya.

Common sense isn’t that common you see. These people want to believe that a Male Zani that sleeps with a woman via consent gets a 100 lashes and banishment but if he rapes a woman and only pay Diya and gets to walk free LOL.

Haha im glad a fellow Somali woman called out this woman. She has gone crazy!
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Yes, the one female that is in agreement with you is dumb enough to argue that a rapist just as to pay Diya when a Zani gets 100 lashes and banishment. She believes a rapist gets a lighter sentence than a man that sleeps with a woman outside of marriage via consent.

Really goes to show how much of a misogynist you are. If you agree with her, you simply believe a man rape a girl and just get elders to pay Diya on his behalf.

Im_✨

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
She’s a silly pick me with no common sense and an abundance of self hatred. Let her go on about how a woman that is raped just receives diya.

Common sense isn’t that common you see. These people want to believe that a Male Zani that sleeps with a woman via consent gets a 100 lashes and banishment but if he rapes a woman and only pay Diya and gets to walk free LOL.
Im young, pretty and under 20. Your 60 with saggy naaso and 5 abdullahis running around the gaff. Keep it stepping ya kelb.

Didnt suggest anything. You’re twisting my words again. All i said was that the concept of diyo itself is halal, not towards rape. Again, have a good day.
And when did I say Diya is haram?

Learn to read. You replied to a post about a case of a girl getting r-worded and the rapists clan paying Diya on his behalf. I made that clear AND still you persisted.

Trending