What’s the drama with Ramla and Prince Ali?

1 camel = 600 - 1000 x 50
= 30,000 - 60,000. Sophie it was really nice knowing you, take care darling.[/SPOILER]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Do you listen or have issues? Farax don’t even pay their Mehr upfront and if they do they do it in installment. Somali men don’t pay high Mehr. What’s not clicking?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Do you listen or have issues? Farax don’t even pay their Mehr upfront and if they do they do it in installment. Somali men don’t pay high Mehr. What’s not clicking?
Ragga meeshaan joogo don’t live in reality, they will happily believe in internet fairytales instead of their eyes. I have given up, you cannot convince them otherwise.

8k vs 15k is crazy premium for people who are asylum seekers vs economic migrants. Economic migrants dont basically have to leave home with what they can carry when they emigrate. Somalis are doing crazy well in that regards. It should be basically free given the circumstances. Young sharmarke who basically washes up in some council estate with not even a toothbrush his grandad can give him is rustling up 8k and you think thats less work then malik whose whole extended family still lives on the acres his fathers fought for in 1800 and has been getting a new olive tree handed down since 1799 is doing. Young sharmarke does even probably have a old pair of hand me down dhacas lol. He is out here busting ass for that mehr. Its a lot.
8k is the most I’ve seen and they weren’t fobs, but wealthy Somalis. The vast majority pay much less than that and most of us aren’t refugees we’ve been in the West for 35 yrs now. Also, Somali boys actually get a lot of help from parents MashaAllah. How do you think many are able to afford big weddings? We might not have a culture of large Mehrs but the but the guys side of the family pay for the wedding, venue, furnishing apartments, gold ect which all adds up to well over 20-30k. Somali men paying around 3-5K is completely fine, we don’t expect more, just don’t lie and act like you’re paying the same as Arabs when you’re not.

@El Nino

Sometimes i feel like I’m talking to ajnabis on here. You see your boys, your cousins, your uncles ect paying 1 to 5K and you’re out here acting like you’re Abu Falal Al Falafal from Ras Al Khaimah who has to pay his cousin 40K.

Ragga meeshaan joogo don’t live in reality, they will happily believe in internet fairytales instead of their eyes. I have given up, you cannot convince them otherwise.
Probably a bunch of kids who are chronically online or there dumb bitter guys who haven't gotten the hint that when a high mahr is thrown at them the woman is just being polite with her rejection.
Plus most of the guys here spend there time talking about ajnabi girls so how would they know the mahr standards if they don't even go for somali girls.
It's all a big cope.

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
Paying a large portion of money upfront is a stupid decision financially. What is the point of emptying ur savings at the start of the marriage when u actually need it for honeymoon and other stuff e.g., travelling. There is nothing wrong with it, the only community that i have seen pay huge mehrs upfront are the arabs. Asians and africans pay in instalments.
Stop the bullsh*t, somalis nowadays pay more than 5k. I have yet to see a girl in London demand less than 6k + gold (total maybe: 8k???). It's even higher in the US
I am not complaining tho,
it's their right and if u can 't pay it, she doesn't love u

Probably a bunch of kids who are chronically online or there dumb bitter guys who haven't gotten the hint that when a high mahr is thrown at them the woman is just being polite with her rejection.
Plus most of the guys here spend there time talking about ajnabi girls so how would they know the mahr standards if they don't even go for somali girls.
It's all a big cope.
Exactly, Somali girls aren’t stupid. They’re not going to ask a regular Abdi who is average a high Mehr if they actually want him. They know he has to pay for the wedding, apartment and gold, hence will usually make the Mehr a reasonable price and wouldn’t expect it upfront.

If their information is from dating ajnabi girls, then that makes this whole conversation even more insulting. Imagine Somali girls getting bashed because the Arab girl the Farax wants is from a community whose men pay double the price of Somali men.

These self haters need to leave us alone. Go for an Arab and Asian girl and pay up if you have to, but leave Somali girls alone.

Paying a large portion of money upfront is a stupid decision financially. What is the point of emptying ur savings at the start of the marriage when u actually need it for honeymoon and other stuff e.g., travelling. There is nothing wrong with it, the only community that i have seen pay huge mehrs upfront are the arabs. Asians and africans pay in instalments.
Stop the bullsh*t, somalis nowadays pay more than 5k. I have yet to see a girl in London demand less than 6k + gold (total maybe: 8k???). It's even higher in the US
That is precisely why Somali girls don’t push the matter. The man/his family has to pay for the wedding, the gold ect and then there is the honeymoon, the furniture ect.

But what is insulting is a group of men who only on average pay, 2-5K and don’t even pay it upfront when it is when he really should, STILL act like victims when it comes to Mehr.

It’s the audacity tbh .

6K Mehr definitely isn’t the average, 3-5K is. Also, you’re including gold which I’m not including as that isn’t part of Mehr and the bride would usually get that upfront. When you add the dahab and other gifts then yes it will get to like 6K but I’m talking actual Mehr.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

:lolbron:I recommend Halimos raise rates to Dinka-level dowries. Women are qali in that culture. Just ask @Nilotic. I suggest a return to our old ways where men paid top xoolo for women as the case of my Reer Galbeed ancestors. A large barrier to entry means only suitable men that value marriage and have the means need apply for quality women (based on their standards). We need to marry the fear of financial loss with the prospect of emotional turmoil in case someone second guesses and tries to break what should ideally be a lifetime commitment. If people were paying exorbitant prices maybe they'd think twice about who they marry and move with extreme caution regarding divorce.

Exactly she will make it easy for you if your struggling after all if she likes you then she wants to be with you so she ain't gonna let mehr get in the way.

Exactly, Somali girls aren’t stupid. They’re not going to ask a regular Abdi who is average a high Mehr if they actually want him. They know he has to pay for the wedding, apartment and gold, hence will usually make the Mehr a reasonable price and wouldn’t expect it upfront.

If their information is from dating ajnabi girls, then that makes this whole conversation even more insulting. Imagine Somali girls getting bashed because the Arab girl the Farax wants is from a community whose men pay double the price of Somali men.

These self haters need to leave us alone. Go for an Arab and Asian girl and pay up if you have to, but leave Somali girls alone.
I have been to countless nikkahs because my father is an imam so he gets called to conduct them and I haven't seen mahr within our community go beyond 1k here in the UK the average tends to be ÂŁ500 and even the Asian weddings I have attended don't go past those amounts. Only 2% of the uk makes above 100k per year I don't know were these fairy tale high mahr stories are coming from it's all a bunch of takes that are only found online. Plus it tends to be cheap whether the couple are well off or not.

8k is the most I’ve seen and they weren’t fobs, but wealthy Somalis. The vast majority pay much less than that and most of us aren’t refugees we’ve been in the West for 35 yrs now. Also, Somali boys actually get a lot of help from parents MashaAllah. How do you think many are able to afford big weddings? We might not have a culture of large Mehrs but the but the guys side of the family pay for the wedding, venue, furnishing apartments, gold ect which all adds up to well over 20-30k. Somali men paying around 3-5K is completely fine, we don’t expect more, just don’t lie and act like you’re paying the same as Arabs when you’re not.

@El Nino

Sometimes i feel like I’m talking to ajnabis on here. You see your boys, your cousins, your uncles ect paying 1 to 5K and you’re out here acting like you’re Abu Falal Al Falafal from Ras Al Khaimah who has to pay his cousin 40K.
And all of that is wrong. Natives who have been the country thousands of years are struggling with the cost. You shouldnt be asking someone whos been there a few years after losing all they had to be paying 30k wedding fees for marriage. Its crazy greedy. Should be free at the minimum if theres any sense. And ofcourse you cant compare inhabitants from war torn countries with those who are not. Thats implicit to anyone. If a gaal can understand not to charge you 100k- 10millon for residency because you dont have anything, fled war and need to get back on your feet first you should understand it as a woman (who is aware of that and been a beneficiary of that) not to request greedy 30k weddings on top of 8k mehers from the same people.

I have been to countless nikkahs because my father is an imam so he gets called to conduct them and I haven't seen mahr within our community go beyond 1k here in the UK the average tends to be ÂŁ500 and even the Asian weddings I have attended don't go past those amounts. Only 2% of the uk makes above 100k per year I don't know were these fairy tale high mahr stories are coming from it's all a bunch of takes that are only found online. Plus it tends to be cheap whether the couple are well off or not.
Hmm interesting. All my friends and family tend to get 4-6K. I don’t know anyone that only got 1k.

And all of that is wrong. Natives who have been the country thousands of years are struggling with the cost. You shouldnt be asking someone whos been there a few years after losing all they had to be paying 30k wedding fees for marriage. Its crazy greedy. Should be free at the minimum if theres any sense. And ofcourse you cant compare inhabitants from war torn countries with those who are not. Thats implicit to anyone. If a gaal can understand not to charge you 100k- 10millon for residency because you dont have anything, fled war and need to get back on your feet first you should understand it as a woman (who is aware of that and been a beneficiary of that) not to request greedy 30k weddings on top of 8k mehers from the same people.
Free? You’re just a cheap individual and no father worth his salt would give his daughter away to a man of a mentality. Fix up.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Also can somalis stop giving attention to these people, never ever knew about this till I opened my tiktok today. Waxaan dhahnaa inaa muslim nahay laakiin we give attention to buuq and idiotic individuals. Ilaahow dadkeena caawiyo, sifiican aan ubaahan nahay