Why are Somalis less open to interethnic marriages than others

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Why are you bringing up the diaspora? the number of Somalis outside somaliweyn are pretty irrelevant compared to the ~35mil back home

Because the user I was responding to asked about the diaspora.

ARE YOU EVEN READING?!?!

Nah wallahi you’re taking the piss at this point.

:snoop:

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
Are you mentally okay? Habash and Sudania are not cushite. Habash are semitic and sudania are (theoretically) arab and therefore semitic (or otherwise bantu people who were arabized).
Please check your head.
Lool I live near these people as well as Arabs, they're not at all the same. Sudanese and Habash are cusbites who got assimilated and conquered by semetic tribes but that only led to a +5-10% increase in West Eurasian compared to Somalis who are pure blooded Cushites

Khaemwaset

VIP
I wasn’t seriously using Xamar as an example, I was showing how stupid you were for using Djibouti as the basis of your claim.

Man do I legit have to explain every analogy I make on this thread Subhanallah!!

:snoop:
It's a stupid analogy mate most countrie's capital city are metropolitan and are the places with the most minorities mixed together.

My experience in Djibouti city would fit the average Somali city more than xamar

Khaemwaset

VIP
Exactly, which is why I was highlighting the stupidity of you using Djibouti as an example.

:dead:
You just skipped the next part of my post. Do you think I never lived or visited outside Djibouti city? I toured even the Canfar regions. Dir dhaba and such.

You also mentioned in another post that outside of modern times, Somalis intermarrying oromos wasn't common??

Do you forget the whole hararghe region which is just full of 16th century Somalis who mixed with oromos?
Screenshot_20240815_195734_Reddit.jpg
Screenshot_20240815_195751_Reddit.jpg

HoodHawiye

polygamist
Lool I live near these people as well as Arabs, they're not at all the same. Sudanese and Habash are cusbites who got assimilated and conquered by semetic tribes but that only led to a +5-10% increase in West Eurasian compared to Somalis who are pure blooded Cushites
Okay I will believe Kharmwaset on Somali Spot dot com over the well established academic consensus that habashi are Semites.
Actually no I won’t because that’s totally retarded.
Get your dick out of your ass khanis

Khaemwaset

VIP
Okay I will believe Kharmwaset on Somali Spot dot com over the well established academic consensus that habashi are Semites.
What well established academic consensus are you talking about langaab 😂😂
Just because a people speak Semetic language doesn't mean their genetics are like those of Arabia or Levantine. This is known even by Habashi I speak to who study habash history

Khaemwaset

VIP
Please hop off my dick now 🙏🏾🙏🏾

"Sometime after 1000 B.C., Semitic-speaking southern Arabians, with a civilization based on irrigated agriculture, began to colonize the northern highlands of Ethiopia. The indigenous people with whom the southern Arabians came into contact were the ancestors of the contemporary Agäw. In the area of contact, fusion of southern Arabian culture and Agäw culture resulted in a third culture."

Um3eLyx-5.png

"The fragments of inscriptions from Yeha, partly already known from copies of Salt and others, are written in the Sabean characters and language. The characters show the oldest forms of the Sabean alphabet, and belong undoubtedly to the first period of the Sabean history, the so called period of Mukrab. The rains of Yeha are, as Mr. Bent is right in saying, of Sabean origin, and the colonisation of Abyssinia by Sabeans took place about the year 1600 before Christ, judging from buildings and inscriptions."
- Sabaic inscriptions at Yeha are archaeological proof of the Sabean colonization of Ethiopia, they are from one the earliest Sabean period, with that, archeologists concluded the Saeabn Colonisation process took place in the 1st millennium BC.
8w89aD2-1.png

You just skipped the next part of my post. Do you think I never lived or visited outside Djibouti city? I toured even the Canfar regions. Dir dhaba and such.

You also mentioned in another post that outside of modern times, Somalis intermarrying oromos wasn't common??

Do you forget the whole hararghe region which is just full of 16th century Somalis who mixed with oromos? View attachment 339116View attachment 339117
Those Somalis were assimilated. 'Mixing' never occurred. Somalis who mix with Oromos are not very bright anyway.

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Do you forget the whole hararghe region which is just full of 16th century Somalis who mixed with oromos?

Are they even Somali or even Somali-mixed at that point. They don’t speak Somali, live in Somalia or share cultural practices with the rest of us anymore.

You cannot compare them to reer Xamar that at least live inside Somalia.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Are they even Somali or even Somali-mixed at that point. They don’t speak Somali, live in Somalia or share cultural practices with the rest of us anymore.

You cannot compare them to reer Xamar that at least live inside Somalia.

They live jn Somaliweyn. They're Muslim and their culture is literally just Somali. All those gallas you see copying everything Somali are the Hararghe. They live in towns and cities with Somali people as well.

Living in Somalia doesn't mean anything I am pure bred Somali but I have no family I know of within Somalia. Only Djibouti and galbeed

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
They live jn Somaliweyn. They're Muslim and their culture is literally just Somali. All those gallas you see copying everything Somali are the Hararghe. They live in towns and cities with Somali people as well.

Living in Somalia doesn't mean anything I am pure bred Somali but I have no family I know of within Somalia. Only Djibouti and galbeed

Aight, I tap out. You win this one, I can’t go back and forth forever.

Somalis in Djibouti and Galbeed isn’t the same as an Oromised community that don’t speak Somali or even identify as Somali.

But if we can’t agree on that, there’s no point in continually going back and forth. No one is changing their opinion here.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Aight, I tap out. You win this one, I can’t go back and forth forever.

Somalis in Djibouti and Galbeed isn’t the same as an Oromised community that don’t speak Somali or even identify as Somali.

But if we can’t agree on that, there’s no point in continually going back and forth. No one is changing their opinion here.
Many still speak somali as a second toung and there's some gallas that still have links to Somali clans. It's way to complicated. But especially before the 1990s these oromo in places like dir dhaba and harar would've identified with a Somali first over any other tribe including Christian oromos