Why are Somalis less open to interethnic marriages than others

I live in one of the black regions of North America. Madows don't hate each other down here and date each other all the time. The only Madows guys I know that avoid madow women are the white washed ones and "lame" niggas from the hood. The lames only hate them because they couldn't pull any good looking madow women when they lived in the hood.

"so if people want traditional marriges then maybe they should get married to men older than them? "

This happens often in our community but this isn't really a first option for most chicks. Most young chicks would prefer to date a guy within their age range. 4 year age gap is still appropriate but most of these chicks want a guy that's either the same age or at max 2 years older than them. That's why they get pissed off when they realize most of the young men around their age aren't financially stable enough for marriage.

At 22 the only niggas I knew that were ready for marriage were cadaan and Asian niggas.
We can’t compare ourselves to cadaans and asians who are in the west for multiple generations,most of us are either one or two generations

There is no denying that, I am not here to deny history or anthropology. There is a large community historically.

I just don’t think they’re number one. My original argument before I got derailed into this was that right now today, Somalis don’t intermarry much and if they do, it isn’t primarily Oromo.

Walaal let me ask you anecdotally, what is the most common intermarriage you have seen with your two eyes?
It will depend on the region you live

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Most of the times you can’t tell,you’ll see someone who you think is full Somali but either one of his parent/grandparent is Oromo @Pastoralist can explain further

Nah nigga, you’re not getting away with that.

You said I had baseless claims, so let’s see your plethora of statistical evidence.

The reality is you can’t provide meaningful evidence to back your point because there isn’t statistics taken.

So get off your high horse and let’s agree to disagree. My head is hurting from all this back and forth. Wallahi I might even marry an Oromo at this point from the amount I’ve typed this word out today.

Nah nigga, you’re not getting away with that.

You said I had baseless claims, so let’s see your plethora of statistical evidence.

The reality is you can’t provide meaningful evidence to back your point because there isn’t statistics taken.

So get off your high horse and let’s agree to disagree. My head is hurting from all this back and forth. Wallahi I might even marry an Oromo at this point from the amount I’ve typed this word out today.
What do you think it’s the most common mix in the greater Somali region

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
People should be indifferent to interracial marriage. It’s wierd when people celebrate it too much.

It’s normal to prefer your own

The reason why they do that: they want to fight the stigma of the discrimination that surrounds interracial marriages.

In this day and age we’re living in a different times. We’re more connected than ever so interracial marriage should be seen as a normal practice. In the 21st century of course. But people should also respect the likes of ethnic groups that still wants to retain their homogeneity and their daqan.

Only Blacks care about this. Everyone else is satisfied with their own. J*ws just use Blacks as their foot soldiers to push their 'diversity' agenda. They want everyone to be mixed, so they become the master race. The funny thing is J*ws themselves also prefer their own and don't want to mix with Blacks.
You use white supremacist talking points about Black americans, and buttress it with antisemitism; riddle me this oh great landere: what do those same whites think of you.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
@Khaemwaset Sxb you definitely held down the fort today :friendhug:
Appreciate it walaal
Appreciate You Got Your Back GIF by MLB

Khaemwaset

VIP
In that case, let me analyse Mogadishu for my argument because after all every Somali city is similar.

Wow won’t you look at that, most mixed Somalis in Xamar either have South Asian or Arab ancestry. That means the entirety of Somalia is the exact same thing!!!

Do you now see the lack of logic in your argument.

:mjlol:
Mogadishu is a metropolis there's everyone there. But even with that, those mixed Indian-ocean people are only 40k tops

Compared to entire tribes of mixed Oromo-Somalis?

You don't even have to be a die hard progressive. Like just supporting abortion, not being a homophobic bigot, and not being openly racist is enough for most chicks.
How are those things a case of "just supporting"? I am glad you did not tag me, I like you but sometimes you just say silly things.

And few things repel women more than a man who is hiding his principles just for her panties.

World

VIP
There is no denying that, I am not here to deny history or anthropology. There is a large community historically.

I just don’t think they’re number one. My original argument before I got derailed into this was that right now today, Somalis don’t intermarry much and if they do, it isn’t primarily Oromo.

Walaal let me ask you anecdotally, what is the most common intermarriage you have seen with your two eyes?
But these clans number in the hundreds of thousands and they are mixed somali-oromo. More than barawani or reer xamar’s combined. So i would say number 1 would be oromos.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I live in neither of those cities. I don’t even live in either of those continents.

:mjlol:

Your average mixed Somali in the diaspora isn’t Oromo-Somali. There are a lot, but they’re not number one guys.

We both live in Australia, are you telling me that most mixed marriages you know are Oromo-Somali?
Why are you bringing up the diaspora? the number of Somalis outside somaliweyn are pretty irrelevant compared to the ~35mil back home

That’s nice. But what has knowing your lineage done for you?
It’s an invaluable resource. I’m grateful for it since a lot of people can’t say for sure where they descend from. Knowing you descend from honorable and noble people does something to a person’s view of themselves. I don’t mean being arrogant but it grounds you and makes you aim higher for yourself.

When you witness people going through hardships in life it’s most often their family that is there for them. I have a network that I didn’t have to go to school or work to build. By marrying another Somali my network size doubles or can even triple. It’s a strong foundation to have. As a Muslim I choose to see the good, acknowledge the bad and take the middle path in my view of it.

It’s an invaluable resource. I’m grateful for it since a lot of people can’t say for sure where they descend from. Knowing you descend from honorable and noble people does something to a person’s view of themselves. I don’t mean being arrogant but it grounds you and makes you aim higher for yourself.

When you witness people going through hardships in life it’s most often their family that is there for them. I have a network that I didn’t have to go to school or work to build. By marrying another Somali my network size doubles or can even triple. It’s a strong foundation to have. As a Muslim I choose to see the good, acknowledge the bad and take the middle path in my view of it.
The clan is invaluable, but it must be within limits so that it does not escalate into a problem that some Western Somalis (especially women) want to eliminate. The clan gives you multiple options and easily accessible networks of relationships.

Last edited:
The tribe is priceless, but it has to be within the limits, that Western Somalis (especially women) want to erase. The tribe gives you multiple options and easily accessible networks of relationships.

I can’t speak for all western Somalis but I’m guessing they want to get rid of qabyaalad instead of mere qabiil? What that lady is doing looks insane. It’s unbecoming of a lady.

I do agree that men can check men (who don’t value women’s input) for the most part.

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Mogadishu is a metropolis there's everyone there. But even with that, those mixed Indian-ocean people are only 40k tops

Compared to entire tribes of mixed Oromo-Somalis?

I wasn’t seriously using Xamar as an example, I was showing how stupid you were for using Djibouti as the basis of your claim.

Man do I legit have to explain every analogy I make on this thread Subhanallah!!

:snoop: