Why do Africans think Somalis are mixed?

Do you think we are mixed with white people or yemenites

• No

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know that, how? There could very well be truth to that and modern DNA testing won't even begin truly giving you the answers.
If there were 2 Arab missionaries that happenes to marry African/Somali women 1000+ years ago, do you think that would really show up in our DNA? Especially with the amount of intermarriage between tribes/clans? Of course not.
The rejection of this "history" stems from Arab hatred and inferiority. So what if Darood and Isaaq were Arabs? Were they not Muslims like you and I? Are they not the ancestors of (some) Somali's? Lets leave these odey's alone, whatever they were. Allah knows best.

Otherwise, y'all need to base your arguements on facts and reality instead of emotion and hatred.
you're right it might not show up on an autosomal level but since you're claiming certain somalis descend from one arab man than it would show up in their ydna haplogroup, thats where the arab daddy stories are being crushed.

I am not saying we do or don't. Its possible. Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean it isn't true. I personally believe only some people descend from Arabs. Most of us, like you said are just Somali.
Anyway, it doesn't even matter. Who gives a shit?
Walahi, Somali's worry about the wrong things. I will not discredit these founder stories, but I won't uphold them either. At the end if the day, I am Somali and that is all that matters.
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7::salute::denzelnigga:

you're right it might not show up on an autosomal level but since you're claiming certain somalis descend from one arab man than it would show up in their ydna haplogroup, thats where the arab daddy stories are being crushed.
True, true. If we wanna find out who descends from Darood & Isaaq and other Arab missionaries, we have to look at the y-dna. As far as I know some people within at least one of those tribes have the J haplogroup. Of course, the majority do not and are just African, Those with the J y-dna are most likely to be the true descendants. But there is also the slight chance that both did not carry the J haplogroup and were carrying E like some Arabs, but the likelihood of that is so low. Their ethnicities are a mystery, but I am sure they were foreign regardless of where they were actually from.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
This topic is ridiculous and could simply be dismissed by the facts.

Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet. Those who think Africans are all the same are either complete retards or are racists which makes them retards. No other continent can match Africa in its diversity, which makes sense considering that Africa is the birth place of the modern man.

Somalis are often claimed to be mixed thanks to ignorance by outsiders and Somalis themselves. There is no evidence of this. Somalis are Cushitic which is emphasised by their language. If we were Arabs or descended from them, it would show up in our language of all places. The closest thing to Arab is 'Middle Eastern' which isn't Arab at all. 4,000 years ago there was a population who lived in the Middle East that have back-migrated (meaning returned) to the Horn of Africa. It is very likely that any similarities between Somalis and Arabs can be attested to this group of people whom Arabs will most likely share some relations to. Note that these people predate Somalis and Arabs. Simply put, we're a Cushitic group that share genetic, cultural and language relations with other Cushitic groups like the Oromo and Afar, and Arabs are a Semitic group who share genetic, language and cultural relation with other Semitic groups like the Assyrians.

This topic is ridiculous and could simply be dismissed by the facts.

Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet. Those who think Africans are all the same are either complete retards or are racists which makes them retards. No other continent can match Africa in its diversity, which makes sense considering that Africa is the birth place of the modern man.

Somalis are often claimed to be mixed thanks to ignorance by outsiders and Somalis themselves. There is no evidence of this. Somalis are Cushitic which is emphasised by their language. If we were Arabs or descended from them, it would show up in our language of all places. The closest thing to Arab is 'Middle Eastern' which isn't Arab at all. 4,000 years ago there was a population who lived in the Middle East that have back-migrated (meaning returned) to the Horn of Africa. It is very likely that any similarities between Somalis and Arabs can be attested to this group of people whom Arabs will most likely share some relations to. Note that these people predate Somalis and Arabs. Simply put, we're a Cushitic group that share genetic, cultural and language relations with other Cushitic groups like the Oromo and Afar, and Arabs are a Semitic group who share genetic, language and cultural relation with other Semitic groups like the Assyrians.
Every time this nigga comes on a thread he spits facts. Stay truthful out there bro.
:salute:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
And you know that, how? There could very well be truth to that and modern DNA testing won't even begin truly giving you the answers.
If there were 2 Arab missionaries that happenes to marry African/Somali women 1000+ years ago, do you think that would really show up in our DNA? Especially with the amount of intermarriage between tribes/clans? Of course not.
The rejection of this "history" stems from Arab hatred and inferiority. So what if Darood and Isaaq were Arabs? Were they not Muslims like you and I? Are they not the ancestors of (some) Somali's? Lets leave these odey's alone, whatever they were. Allah knows best.

Otherwise, y'all need to base your arguements on facts and reality instead of emotion and hatred.
Actually yes it will. Through Y-DNA haplogroups you can tell, because men pass down their Y chromosome to their sons directly with no modification. So if for example Sheikh Darod or Sheikh Issaq existed, then Darod men or Issaq men today would have the same Y-DNA as other men in their clan. Which is not true. For example Warsangeli are a different Haplogroup than most MJs, and Garxajis have different Haplogroups than most other Issaqs. Which shows than they don't have the same paternal ancestor.

Most Somali clan founding myths are just that, myths. Clan is a political grouping masquerading as a familial grouping. Sub-clans and sub-sub-clans might all be related, but the big clan groups are really just confederacies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Also keep in mind haplogroups are mostly only helpful in terms of mapping migration and population statistics

They affect your entire genetic makeup on a smaller scale unless there's a massive gene transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending