Would you marry someone that drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
So my uncle (in his early 30s, not a fob) wants to marry this girl and he found out she drinks and now he's calling everything off. I feel like if you like someone that shouldn't be a deal breaker unless she's an alcoholic or unless you are religious.

I would understand if he was religious, but he's not religious at all. Would this be a deal breaker for you?

Bohol

VIP
I don't blame your uncle. Many guys will not marry a girl that smokes (shisha or cigarettes) nevermind drinking which is the
red line.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
No, I wouldn't want to marry someone that drinks.
  1. They can eventually become an alcoholic or die from the many diseases related to alcohol(methanol kills a person quickly, ethanol(alcohol) kills a person slowly)
  2. They are not practicing Muslims (I wouldn't want my children to have such a mother/ the kids might start drinking too)
  3. My family and other Somalis would look down on a drinking wife(if your kids go to Islamic school, people would make fun of their mom)
  4. If a wife is drinking, it would be difficult for her to get children because she would want to continue drinking which would harm the bab
  5. I HATE THE SMELL OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

Last edited:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I don't blame your uncle. Many guys will not marry a girl that smokes (shisha or cigarettes) nevermind drinking which is the
red line.
But if you don't pray (which is worse than drinking) and you don't mind if your wife wear a hijab or not how can you be picky with alcohol. I find it hard to understand that logic.
If eats the booty like groceries I'm willing to forgive drinking :cool:
Abayoo eating booty is gross and haram. :susp:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I never touched alcohol in My life and I intend to find someone likeminded

Does your uncle drink?

You don't have to be religious to think about the well-being of your future kids, your uncle has concerns for his future kids.
I am sure you are aware of all the disease related stuff you can acquire from drinking alcohol.
Your uncle is a smart man

the smell of alcohol is disgusting so for that reason, I couldn't be with someone who drinks.

other than that, I wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't take the religion seriously and openly sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending