Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
@Barni
To the kitchen you go:banderas:

Who_ce94c4_1768573.gif

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Abayo how are you gonna take anything when you're not even viewed as a human in the first place? Somali women are told to forget about education and a job and that they are only on this earth to get married and give birth to children, preferably boys. No one want's approval or any form of validation from men. What we however want is equality and to change men's view of the world and of women. Men don't look at women and think of us as humans. That's the inherent problem. If we we're equal in every position so much could change both for men and form women.

Maybe you've never been back home but most shop owners and workers are somali women. Some lady in xaafada Hodan qaylo used to sell me that bomb qaat:fittytousand:.

Back to my point, Even in politics, at least within SL, women play a major role. I don't know where you got this false information from

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Abayo how are you gonna take anything when you're not even viewed as a human in the first place? Somali women are told to forget about education and a job and that they are only on this earth to get married and give birth to children, preferably boys. No one want's approval or any form of validation from men. What we however want is equality and to change men's view of the world and of women. Men don't look at women and think of us as humans. That's the inherent problem. If we we're equal in every position so much could change both for men and form women.

Who is told this? Both my parents have the same level of education and both hold professional jobs. And most of my parents friends and their children are similar.

Why do people always pick the most extreme examples of nomadic uneducated people to describe somali culture, who have very little say in politics. Have you honestly felt that a somali man though of you as unhuman? I find that very difficult to believe.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
That's not something to be proud of. It's really embarrassing.

Considering Somalia is a third world country and we are relatively new to the Western world, I don't think it's embarrassing. You have to put it into context and AJ is right. In Somalia most people are uneducated and many are illiterate so it isn't right to expect them to think and behave like you and I who have been through Scandinavian education institutions. If Somalia had the proper institutions in place and the population was educated our women would be naturally better off.

Our culture is not the greatest but it's not bad either. It can be improved on but trust me, South Asians and Middle Easterners are a million times more misogynistic. Their culture hate women.

I get what you are saying, esp with the "keep trace on Somali women's activites" This is my opinion but I was told never to play with the boys and that girls can't ride bike despite the fact that i was only 8 years old. Lets be real, telling someone they shouldn't do something at all isnt very nice but it didnt effect me. It was only until i got older that i realized how it really isn't the men who are sexist but its was a lot of the womens doing too.

My mother made goddamn sure that me and my sister knew very well how to cook and clean but my brother never went in the kitchen and actually made himself a sandwich because i taught him to. My mom told me and my sister to stay home (my sister never did, turned into a fucking athlete) but never told the same to my brother. My father never really cared until now asking my if i wanted to marry this and that. But what i recognize in this culture and what my conclusion is that its more of the women who are another women enemy, they push this ideals unto other women and men recognize this as "this is how it should go". When it comes to sexuality, you fucking know how gossipy Somali women are, they hear something, they will spread it. Women will always point a finger at another, this that. Women keep reinforcing the sexism is what i think is the problem, why do you think FGM still exists?

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Our culture is not the greatest but it's not bad either. It can be improved on but trust me, South Asians and Middle Easterners are a million times more misogynistic. Their culture hate women.

Does this apply to the Hindu South Asians or just the Muslim ones? I'm not familiar with them.

:O27GWRK::O27GWRK::mugshotman:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Does this apply to the Hindu South Asians or just the Muslim ones? I'm not familiar with them.

It applies to both. Hindus engage in forced marriages, rape, honour killings, and acid throwing. Indian culture has a huge contempt for women.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I get what you are saying, esp with the "keep trace on Somali women's activites" This is my opinion but I was told never to play with the boys and that girls can't ride bike despite the fact that i was only 8 years old. Lets be real, telling someone they shouldn't do something do something at all isnt very nice but it didnt effect me. It was only until i got older that i realized how it really isn't the men who are sexist but its was a lot of the womens doing too.

My mother made goddamn sure that me and my sister knew very well how to cook and clean but my brother never went in the kitchen and actually made himself a sandwich because i taught him to. My mom told me and my sister to stay home (my sister never did, turned into a fucking athlete) but never told the same to my brother. My father never really cared until now asking my if i wanted to marry this and that. But what i recognize in this culture and what my conclusion is that its more of the women who are another women enemy, they push this ideals unto other women and men recognize this as "this is how it should go". When it comes to sexuality, you fucking know how gossipy Somali women are, they hear something, they will spread it. Women will always point a finger at another, this that. Women keep reinforcing the sexism is what i think is the problem, why do you think FGM still exists?

Yes Somali women reinforce the sexism too. That's a huge problem. They're loyalist to a system that's harmful to them.

You really can not compare America with Europe. America is more religious, different politics, more diverse, larger country. America has a problem with religion, women there are very different from European, the climate in America and the one in Europe is not comparable. The living standards in Europe is higher. The US has major problems with class differences and capitalism. A huge portion of American women are still stay at home moms. You really can't compare the two.
Nice theory. Too bad it's completely wrong. The thing is those who live in the "liberal" states of the same socioeconomic backgrounds have the same birth rates as their cousins in Europe. The only difference between these two cohorts is the adoption of traditional values and dismissing the feminist ideology which seems to be the case in "conservative" states. You cant even blame this on religion since both cohorts have the same rates of religiosity for the most part. Your argument falls apart once again.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Nice theory. Too bad it's completely wrong. The thing is those who live in the "liberal" states of the same socioeconomic backgrounds have the same birth rates as their cousins in Europe. The only difference between these two cohorts is the adoption of traditional values and dismissing the feminist ideology which seems to be the case in "conservative" states. You cant even blame this on religion since both cohorts have the same rates of religiosity for the most part. Your argument falls apart once again.

LMAO conservative states are more religious. They ban abortions and gay rights. As you said liberal states have the same birth rates as in Europe while the red states don't. You just confirmed what I said. You should read more.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Considering Somalia is a third world country and we are relatively new to the Western world, I don't think it's embarrassing. You have to put it into context and AJ is right. In Somalia most people are uneducated and many are illiterate so it isn't right to expect them to think and behave like you and I who have been through Scandinavian education institutions. If Somalia had the proper institutions in place and the population was educated our women would be naturally better off.

And Somalis don't? FGM and rape culture? Sure somalis don't throw acid on women or bury female infants. It's still very hateful towards women.

Yes Somali women reinforce the sexism too. That's a huge problem. They're loyalist to a system that's harmful to them.

You know what they say "tradition dies hard" I honestly think this is why the western world needs to keep feminism, to show the rest of the world that women should be treated like actual human beings. Why would you want a daughter in the world that will limit her abilities for success? It baffles me. I want equality for all.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
And Somalis don't? FGM and rape culture? Sure somalis don't throw acid on women or bury female infants. It's still very hateful towards women.

How do you feel about European countries molesting somali girls to see if they're circumsized or not?

:comeon:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
How do you feel about European countries molesting somali girls to see if they're circumsized or not?

:comeon:

molesting or trying to prevent? In a small city in Sweden the authorities decided to investigate and found out that over 60 underage girls had been circumcised while they lived in Sweden. I hope they continue. Somalis need to know that it's backwards and disgusting to do so. Authorities need to do that. England is now investigating on breast ironing. Unfortunately someone has to teach them

Status
Not open for further replies.