Are Somalis Ethno religous?

Would you consider an Somali Atheist to be Somali? Because I wouldnt. I belive Somalis are Ethno religous like the Amish, and Greeks etc. If you leave the deen your not Somali. Our idenity is just that deeply intertwined with our relgion.
Somalis are Somalis whether Somalis be different religion like wtf I hate Somalis tht think this way cuz some Somalis don't share religion with Muslim somalis

Give it a rest, a somali gaal calling himself somali is to us as a janitor calling himself an engineer delusional that is. Call yourself whatever you want that wont change the fact.
Somali gall is somali whether u like or not don't just make lie tht fit in your twisted way tht if some Somalis aren't Muslim those Somalis aren't Somalis like wtf u can't make your own rule and tell somali gaal tht he or she is not somali cuz he or she is not muslim

Mashallah May Allah reward you and those who defend his deen.

i've seen you and others kaarbash that retard DR Osman.

He can't take defeat for an answer always bouncing of the topic and jumping the gun to insults and death threats.

I thought gaal secularists advocate for peace, wallahi gaalo are the biggest terrorists.
May Allah reward you two walaal. You are one of the few sensible people on this site that aren't gaalo raac. Right up there @Inquisitive_. The rest of the people hear harbor jaahili concepts and ideologies. May Allah keep me, and all of us safe from falling into the way of the jaahiliin and Shaytaan.🤲

i was referring to the thread moved to the qashin section that said something like "why don't somalis completely arabise themselves", telling us to replace our CULTURE for theirs. It had nothing to do with religion, damn bird brain
It was a troll thread. Looks like you were too gullible to catch on to my trolling:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: but at the end of the day believe what you want to believe.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
There’s Arabs that aren’t Muslim but they’re widely considered Arab. So I don’t think not being a Muslim automatically disqualifies someone’s Somaliness.

who the f*ck are you to tell people what to claim. If someone is genetically somali, then they have every right to call themselves as such. That is their ETHNICITY for pete's sake how can you be this stupid?!!!
Fam let them call themselves whatever they want and play pretend as a noble Somali, but we both know Somalis consider them as worthless as a dung beetle. They'll never be Somali as long as they're kuffar.

There’s Arabs that aren’t Muslim but they’re widely considered Arab. So I don’t think not being a Muslim automatically disqualifies someone’s Somaliness.
Walaal one thing you need to realize is the difference of our origins and ethnogenesis. Our ethnogenesis as a people happened because of Islam. That's what differentiates us from other Muslim ethnicities. Don't compare us with ajnabis concerning our identity especially when we have radically different origins and a different ethnogenesis.

Somali gall is somali whether u like or not don't just make lie tht fit in your twisted way tht if some Somalis aren't Muslim those Somalis aren't Somalis like wtf u can't make your own rule and tell somali gaal tht he or she is not somali cuz he or she is not muslim
Pure emotional baggage. We're not making up any lie. Ex-Muslim=Ex-Somali. Whether you like it or not. Your emotional arguments will never change that fact. The overwhelming majority of Somalis. Almost 99% of them hold the same views as me concerning these topic and you can never change that.

Go cry in some corner kiddo.

Nope, it depends on lineage and religion. A white Muslim is not Somali for the same reason a Desi Muslim isn't Somali. It's because of lineage.

Sadly, you thought that was a good argument, but it is clear that you are suffering from something called stupidity.
May Allah keep me far away from such an affliction 🤲

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Walaal one thing you need to realize is the difference of our origins and ethnogenesis. Our ethnogenesis as a people happened because of Islam. That's what differentiates us from other Muslim ethnicities. Don't compare us with ajnabis concerning our identity especially when we have radically different origins and a different ethnogenesis.
Our origins? Our origins outdate Islam. We used to worship Waaqo long before we embrace the beloved Religon of Islam.

I think you’re forgetting Somalis are an ancient ethnic group :russsmug:

Our origins? Our origins outdate Islam. We used to worship Waaqo long before we embrace the beloved Religon of Islam.

I think you’re forgetting Somalis are an ancient ethnic group :russsmug:
I'm talking about our ethnogenesis not our genetic origin. Our ethnogenesis as the SOMALI people was after Islam. I explained it on the first page of this thread
Religion plays a major role in our identity. The first documentation of the word Somali was during the Adal-Abysinian war when the king of the habash was writing a letter to someone. That was when Islam had a huge grip on Somalida and most of us were Muslim. Our ethnogenesis as a Somali people happened because of Islam and that's because the only time our people ever united was when we were fighting against gaalo. The use of the word Somali increased during the colonial era when Somalis needed to unite to successfully fend off these invaders that wanted to make us subservient to them by conquering us and changing our religion.

When reading about wars that were fought by Somalis, most would consider them wars that were between native Somalis and foreigners, but the old Somalis didn't see it that way. They considered it a war between religions. That's why they addressed their enemies as Gaal Madow(Oromo, Xabash) and Gaal Cad(Portuguese, French, British, Italians) because what all these enemies all had in common was their intention of sabotaging and changing our way of life and a major facet of our identity.....our religion. One of the roots/base/foundations of the concept of Somalinimo is Islam, because Islam is the one that helped in unifying our people.

Now tell me, how can an apostate call himself Somali when he has abandoned such a major facet of our identity? A facet of our identity that was one of the main causes if not the main cause of our ethnogenesis as a people. A Somali that has abandoned Islam has also abandoned Somalinimo. Simple as that.

@Win my new BFF

giphy.gif

I'm talking about our ethnogenesis not our genetic origin. Our ethnogenesis as the SOMALI people was after Islam. I explained it on the first page of this thread
Here are some other posts explaining why Ex-Muslims=Ex-Somali.
Macanto. Something you should realize from the history of the Somalis is that whenever we were waring with foreigners. The Somalis never considered it a war between ethnicities but rather a war between religions. It was jihad for them. That's why they addressed their enemies as Gaal Madow(Oromo, Habash) and Gaal Cad(Portuguese, British, Italians, French) because what all these enemies had in common was their extreme desire to conquer us and make us subservient to them by striping us of our religion. This shows you how major the role of Islam was in the formation of our people.
Asking this question clearly shows your ignorance regarding our people. We don't share common traditions, customs and religion as our ancestors. The meaning of ethnicity is the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition. Using basic logic we can come to the conclusion that we aren't the same ethnicity. Just like the Copts of today aren't the same ethnicity as the ancient Egyptians despite having a genetic link to them.

They didn't call themselves Somalis. We do. That's basic logic. We do originate from them but we're not the same ethnicity, if we go by the definition of the word "ethnicity" which is:

the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.
Nope, it depends on lineage and religion. A white Muslim is not Somali for the same reason a Desi Muslim isn't Somali. It's because of lineage.

Sadly, you thought that was a good argument, but it is clear that you are suffering from something called stupidity.

Pure emotional baggage. We're not making up any lie. Ex-Muslim=Ex-Somali. Whether you like it or not. Your emotional arguments will never change that fact. The overwhelming majority of Somalis. Almost 99% of them hold the same views as me concerning these topic and you can never change that.

It is not pure emotional lol and I am muslim
And second Allah didn't make tht rule and said non Muslim Somalis are not Allah didn't do tht but u arrogant somali Muslims
Made your on rule up tht if somali is not Muslim tht he or she is not Muslim
You know tht in judgment day you and who have same opinion will be asked why u did and use Islam to take way ppl nation and out casted them your whole argument doesn't even make sense nor logically
U and ppl like u use Islam to make your own rule up
I dare you to bring proof when did Allah said tht and revealed in Islam and did nabi also said tht non Muslim Somalis are not somali
Lol
U just sound ignoret person tht twisted Islam for his or her own way and to fit with your view

I am not kid u u ignoret child tht uses Islam for his or her own gain
Admit it and don't use religion to say non Somalis are not Somalis u dumb

A

nd also bring proof tht Allah revealed in Islam tht non Muslim Somalis are not
Bring me tht proof if not u are arrogant and ignoret person tht have sick mind tht uses Islam to chase way non muslim Somalis from their nation and identity
Wow don't use the dee. To fit your point view

It is not pure emotional lol and I am muslim
And second Allah didn't make tht rule and said non Muslim Somalis are not Allah didn't do tht but u arrogant somali Muslims
Made your on rule up tht if somali is not Muslim tht he or she is not Muslim
You know tht in judgment day you and who have same opinion will be asked why u did and use Islam to take way ppl nation and out casted them your whole argument doesn't even make sense nor logically
U and ppl like u use Islam to make your own rule up
I dare you to bring proof when did Allah said tht and revealed in Islam and did nabi also said tht non Muslim Somalis are not somali
Lol
U just sound ignoret person tht twisted Islam for his or her own way and to fit with your view
:mjkkk::mjhaps::mjlol::pachah1::russ::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::damn::dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose::deadosama::deadpeter:

This by far the funniest response on here. Allah decided for our ethnogenesis to happen because of and after Islam.

These questions you're asking shows your ignorance concerning this topic. Fist of all, we are not discussing the teachings of Islam. We were discussing the impact Islam had on our people and how it led to the ethnogenesis of our people. The Somali identity is an identity that was cultivated by Islam. So a non Muslim has no right to identify with an identity cultivated Islam because they disbelieve in the very thing that helped form our Somalinimo.

Now tell me. Since you want to bring up the teachings of Islam.

Where in the Quran does it say that a Ex-Somali can't be outcasted by his/her old community?

:mjkkk::mjhaps::mjlol::pachah1::russ::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::damn::dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose::deadosama::deadpeter:

This by far the funniest response on here. Allah decided for our ethnogenesis to happen because of and after Islam.

These questions you're asking shows your ignorance concerning this topic. Fist of all, we are not discussing the teachings of Islam. We were discussing the impact Islam had on our people and how it led to the ethnogenesis of our people. The Somali identity is an identity that was cultivated by Islam. So a non Muslim has no right to identify with an identity cultivated Islam because they disbelieve in the very thing that helped form our Somalinimo.

Now tell me. Since you want to bring up the teachings of Islam.

Where in the Quran does it say that a Ex-Somali can't be outcasted by his/her old community?
Islam and Somali culture and Somalis identity are not same and Islam didn't have Impect Somalis culture nor identity and Islam didn't shape our culture and identity
Somali identity wasn't cultivated Islam
Islam and identity are 2 different thing and are not same
Islam is to submit to Allah and follow Allah law while somali identity is identification tht ppl tht share same forefathers and language and culture and yea Islam and Somali identity are 2 different thing
Islam is not my identity nor my identification and I am muslim
So don't mix Islam and Somali identity together cuz tht is haram