Are Somalis Ethno religous?

Babe we didn’t adopt a religion
This is our birthright
And why are going to read
What some whiteman wrote
As if his words hold some weight
Macanto. Something you should realize from the history of the Somalis is that whenever we were waring with foreigners. The Somalis never considered it a war between ethnicities but rather a war between religions. It was jihad for them. That's why they addressed their enemies as Gaal Madow(Oromo, Habash) and Gaal Cad(Portuguese, British, Italians, French) because what all these enemies had in common was their extreme desire to conquer us and make us subservient to them by striping us of our religion. This shows you how major the role of Islam was in the formation of our people.

Trying to strip someone's somalinimo over their religious beliefs seem a lot more rude and condescending. You seem to lack self awareness. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just shocked by the ignorance I'm seeing

If you read what I wrote before then you'd see I disagree with the majority. I agree with a lot of what you are saying, minus the insults

Religion doesn't choose our genetics of course. But our cultural ties to Islam plays a role in Somalinimo. Does Ayaan Hersi Ali seem proud to be Somali? Should the community embrace her?
as i said before, she's embarrassed to come from ignorant, hateful people. Maybe if somalis were more civilised and didn't threaten her life, she would be proud of us. We're literally chasing away the intellectuals with this mindset

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
Religion doesn't choose our genetics of course. But our cultural ties to Islam plays a role in Somalinimo. Does Ayaan Hersi Ali seem proud to be Somali? Should the community embrace her?
Being Somali means you have the required DNA sequences to be qualified as such. Your decision although coonish don’t effect that.

It's a religion that every Somali follows. Stop trying to twist it. Islam led to the formation of our ethnic group as it is today.

I'm starting to think these guys lack brain cells.
Sxb leave your basement and take a look around.somalis are becoming atheists at an alarming rate. Instead of finding solutions to this, you say they aren't Somali anymore dfkmm