First somali guy that actually paid 50k mehr

Imagine getting that finessed. In an ideal world It’s plausible. But in reality 50% of Somali girls (and guys) atleast went to 2nd base before marriage.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Some women got more than the equivalent of this in xoolo if they were beautful and of a noble lineage. Somali men of yesteryear had more testosterone. They did not complain, nor denigrate Somali women or adopt ajnabi mindsets. Some would even wait years to amass enough or worst case scenario resort to ill-gotten gains to wed. So sad that...

This
Screenshot_20210324-181630.jpg

Became this
Screenshot_20210324-180946.jpg

Xaruun

VIP
Some women got more than the equivalent of this in xoolo if they were beautful and of a noble lineage. Somali men of yesteryear had more testosterone. They did not complain, nor denigrate Somali women or adopt ajnabi mindsets. Some would even wait years to amass enough or worst case scenario resort to ill-gotten gains to wed. So sad that...

This
View attachment 176622

Became this
View attachment 176621
Let’s be real here. Back then geeljires would be cracking jokes about entitled xalimos requesting boqol geel meher. There’s a reason most of them just kidnapped women instead.

Last edited:
In the Gulf that is the norm.

Just because YOU think it is a lot of money doesn't mean incredibly rich people see it that way. Like I was trying to explain, our reality is different to their reality. Rich women pay 40k for a flipping Birkin bag and you Abdis think 50k is a crazy amount.

If he is rich, why would his parents need to pay? I'm confused.
rich people on average are incredibly stingy lol how you think they got rich in the first place?

Most halimo in the west want to financially rape the ethnic male. It’s ingrained in them to breakdown the noble geeljire. I think it is learned from their hoyo at a young age. Most of us don’t have the patience of the older generation and won’t accept to be a cash cow. Financial rape is an epidemic in the Somali community. It’s why many adheer just pack their bags and disappear in the middle of the night. How can you hold us up to western standards and still bring up baadiyo thoughts to a modern capitalist society?

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP

This
View attachment 176622

Became this
View attachment 176621
What Somali family/clan is from noble lineage?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

It was common practice in Northern Somalia/Galbeed. Women were qaali. And divorces were a rarity.

Let’s be real here. Back then geeljires would be cracking jokes about entitled xalimos requesting boqol geel meher. There’s a reason most of them just kidnapped women instead.

Kidnappings and gossiping are for men with empty pockets.

What Somali family/clan is from noble lineage?

I won't get into it.

Lol that was for poor men. Decent men with income would give lots of geel.

Clearly it wasn't common. Somali society is one of honor.

I can't imagine that being common. Would have had a huge impact on society. I heard usually the girl and guy planned it when they were in love but the husband too poor.
saw some pics of Somalis in the 14th century:banderas: the gals were beautiful
and we were rich off of trade and used to karbash kuffars:rejoice:

somalis used to have sword fight duels back in the day before our great empires fell:westbrookswag:

it’s only an L if she isn’t worth it. A guy in my city had a bigass wedding couple years back like he fr spend like atleast 20k that shiit was top tier. he divorced her a week later cuz he found out she missed around with other guys prior to him.
Miskin but could have been much worse as one should know who they are marrying

If you're rich 50k isn't a lot.

If you're poor 5k is a lot.

Different tax brackets, different realities.

LOL @ the faraaxs saying they wouldn't pay 50k if they were rich. 50k for a rich man is equivalent to you Faraaxs paying 3k.

We can't relate because many of us are of average income.

I was reading this girl's comment and she was given 50k she wasn't Somali. Basically her future in-laws 'advised' her to ask that much. All in all, they were so rich they thought they were getting a good deal with 50k. That is one such example that rich people live in different worlds to us.
Yeah it depends on the situation

Yes there are anomalies where girls get high mehers but honestly thats very low percentage. Few of them also take bank loans out for extravagant weddings but they can't pay back those loans later on. Many of them already have trouble with the banks with the loans they have.

I think their average is around 19k with even wedding included. There are 1 million emirates, they don't all have crazy weddings and mehers. The ones that do are like 1% of them.

I have family there and can attest it was the norm to pay 50k (around 200,000 AED) for meher if the bride is beautiful & from respected family, until 2014. They even get free piece of land & interest free loan to build a villa along with marriage fund that refunds part of meher back to groom.

Surprisingly it seems that Emirati woman is usually more focused on education & career than male counterpart. They have high standards and don't settle for less than 200k meher, expensive gifts, lavish weddings and big villa as residence. UAE is very expensive for newly wed couples.

I been told men are opting out marry Moroccan or Levant ladies who are known for low meher & gorgeous beauty. They ranked 2nd to Lebanon in numbers of unmarried women in the Arab world.

1616662456945.png

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I have family there and can attest it was the norm to pay 50k (around 200,000 AED) for meher if the bride is beautiful & from respected family, until 2014. They even get free piece of land & interest free loan to build a villa along with marriage fund that refunds part of meher back to groom.

Surprisingly it seems that Emirati woman is usually more focused on education & career than male counterpart. They have high standards and don't settle for less than 200k meher, expensive gifts, lavish weddings and big villa as residence. UAE is very expensive for newly wed couples.

I been told men are opting out marry Moroccan or Levant ladies who are known for low meher & gorgeous beauty. They ranked 2nd to Lebanon in numbers of unmarried women in the Arab world.

View attachment 176664
All we got to do it's pay 2k+ for Mehr. 1000 to 10000+ for the wedding.

And it's a done deal.

Watching the 100k + Mehr and wedding from none so Somalis should make us appreciate how little we have to spend

All we got to do it's pay 2k+ for Mehr. 1000 to 10000+ for the wedding.

And it's a done deal.

Watching the 100k + Mehr and wedding from none so Somalis should make us appreciate how little we have to spend

Yes. I've never seen any Somali weeding with Meher more than 5k and it is always paid in the event of divorce.

UAE is different a high dropout could enlist in the army and get paid no less than 5k USD a month along with benefits & perks. Government jobs although becoming scarce pays anywhere between 6-25k USD per month and if employee meets conditions they offer to pay for further education to take courses abroad with all expenses covered.

UAE is an anomaly in itself, other poorer Arabs pay about the same meher as Somalis. I've only seen this 50k meher rants on Somali Twitter it has no basis in reality.