First somali guy that actually paid 50k mehr

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
50k the big question is if hes gonna give her the meher cause alot somali marriages they agree to X amount than once divorced refuse to give her the meher

If you're rich 50k isn't a lot.

If you're poor 5k is a lot.

Different tax brackets, different realities.

LOL @ the faraaxs saying they wouldn't pay 50k if they were rich. 50k for a rich man is equivalent to you Faraaxs paying 3k.

We can't relate because many of us are of average income.

I was reading this girl's comment and she was given 50k she wasn't Somali. Basically her future in-laws 'advised' her to ask that much. All in all, they were so rich they thought they were getting a good deal with 50k. That is one such example that rich people live in different worlds to us.
Tax brackets or not, 50k for a meher is a lot. People spend money on things the way they want but it’s not normal to pay that high.

I think his parents paid for it, can’t see a rich dude paying that.

Tax brackets or not, 50k for a meher is a lot. People spend money on things the way they want but it’s not normal to pay that high.

I think his parents paid for it, can’t see a rich dude paying that.

In the Gulf that is the norm.

Just because YOU think it is a lot of money doesn't mean incredibly rich people see it that way. Like I was trying to explain, our reality is different to their reality. Rich women pay 40k for a flipping Birkin bag and you Abdis think 50k is a crazy amount.

If he is rich, why would his parents need to pay? I'm confused.

It is is for Khaleeji women.

Rich women pay 40k for a Birkin bag and you're talking to me about mehr?

Seriously, do you interact with local men and women?
Most if not all of my clients are local arabs from UAE, no one is paying 50k for a meher. The ones that do are outliers, even among the wealthiest.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
In my opinion Somalis should pay the meher upfront theres people that agree to 10-20k meher and usually when its a high one the girl never receives it

Lol honestly i don't want to go into detail, but I know you're lying. I hardly doubt you have those convos with your clients about that. I was partially raised in the Gulf and have Khaleeji female friends.

Where in the gulf do you work?
Could care less if you believe me or not.

I agree with @Angelina. Their culture is different. Even if you interact with them at work, I highly doubt the topic of marriage and mehr would come up.
I work in the medical field and all my patients/clients are locals. i'm very close with them.
I know some personally. I know he is lying to save face.
I have people on here that visited me in Dubai so I have no reason to lie. Check your condensing attitude.

Alluring

Sayonara
Maybe he's rich and 50k is a dime to him?
When people are wealthy, the concept of money is very different to them. 50K can be someone's yearly salary or someone else's new purse.

Could care less if you believe me or not.

I work in the medical field and all my patients/clients are locals. i'm very close with them.

I have people on here that visited me in Dubai so I have no reason to lie. Check your condensing attitude.

Still, I fail to see how mehr talks would even come up in that environment...