First somali guy that actually paid 50k mehr

Makes sense. Their women wouldn’t allow that behaviour, implying that they do “got it like that.”
They have marriage "funds" that the state pays for. The meher always came from there plus their women don't ask for that much. There expenses are high, they have bank loans up the ass, and the cushion government jobs they get don't pay as much as you think. Trust me, 50 k aint normal nowhere lol

They have marriage "funds" that the state pays for. The meher always came from there plus their women don't ask for that much. There expenses are high, they have bank loans up the ass, and the cushion government jobs they get don't pay as much as you think. Trust me, 50 k aint normal nowhere lol

Their weddings are very expensive. There has even been articles on there with Middle class Khaleejis borrowing 500k AED for weddings.

According to a survey, the average cost of a wedding in the UAE stands between Dh300,000 and Dh500,000.

There is a whole article on it:

This one father wanted to make it easier for the groom and asked for 10 dirhams. Everyone was impressed.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
If you're rich 50k isn't a lot.

If you're poor 5k is a lot.

Different tax brackets, different realities.

LOL @ the faraaxs saying they wouldn't pay 50k if they were rich. 50k for a rich man is equivalent to you Faraaxs paying 3k.

We can't relate because many of us are of average income.

I was reading this girl's comment and she was given 50k she wasn't Somali. Basically her future in-laws 'advised' her to ask that much. All in all, they were so rich they thought they were getting a good deal with 50k. That is one such example that rich people live in different worlds to us.
some of these people don’t use logic.

When they’re broke they say “it’s about what the man can afford and what he can offer”. When they’re up they go “it’s about how much she’s worth. No more no less”.

Pick 1. If you pick the former then pay mehr based on your means, meaning if you’re making 500K a year and can’t even spare 5K mehr then you’re obviously not taking the relationship serious. If you pick the latter then you’ll have to pay 5K mehr even if you’re working a minimum wage job living paycheck to paycheck, either don’t get married or get that loan :icon lol:

Their weddings are very expensive. There has even been articles on there with Middle class Khaleejis borrowing 500k AED for weddings.

According to a survey, the average cost of a wedding in the UAE stands between Dh300,000 and Dh500,000.

There is a whole article on it:

This one father wanted to make it easier for the groom and asked for 10 dirhams. Everyone was impressed.
Those are arabs
and he borrowed from the bank hence not his money:camby:

How much did they tell you they pay on average?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes there are anomalies where girls get high mehers but honestly thats very low percentage. Few of them also take bank loans out for extravagant weddings but they can't pay back those loans later on. Many of them already have trouble with the banks with the loans they have.

I think their average is around 19k with even wedding included. There are 1 million emirates, they don't all have crazy weddings and mehers. The ones that do are like 1% of them.

Assuming the sheikh hails from kenya and the wedding was held in kenya, the currency should have been kenyan shilling rather than $

Yes there are anomalies where girls get high mehers but honestly thats very low percentage. Few of them also take bank loans out for extravagant weddings but they can't pay back those loans later on. Many of them already have trouble with the banks with the loans they have.

I think their average is around 19k with even wedding included. There are 1 million emirates, they don't all have crazy weddings and mehers. The ones that do are like 1% of them.

That can't be the average when Khaleeji times has made it clear 300k-500k is the average wedding cost.

The UAE is very expensive. 19k including the wedding isn't going to cut it. Especially, when they have a culture of holding weddings in big hotels. This is why what you're saying doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
some of these people don’t use logic.

When they’re broke they say “it’s about what the man can afford and what he can offer”. When they’re up they go “it’s about how much she’s worth. No more no less”.

Pick 1. If you pick the former then pay mehr based on your means, meaning if you’re making 500K a year and can’t even spare 5K mehr then you’re obviously not taking the relationship serious. If you pick the latter then you’ll have to pay 5K mehr even if you’re working a minimum wage job living paycheck to paycheck, either don’t get married or get that loan :icon lol:

The goal post is always changing. But to be honest, only average men are passionate about this topic strangely. In reality the average woman around them is getting 3- 5k.

The women that are actually getting 50k are in a different league and reality to us, so I don't see why this discussion generates that much passion. They can't relate to the women that get 50k nor the men that give 50k. They're ultra rich or Gulf Arabs.

Last edited:
it’s only an L if she isn’t worth it. A guy in my city had a bigass wedding couple years back like he fr spend like atleast 20k that shiit was top tier. he divorced her a week later cuz he found out she missed around with other guys prior to him.

Damn that guy must be insecure as f*ck lol.

Was she cheating on him or was it before they even met?

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
Real queen shit right there!
1616615784316.gif

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Apparently the mehr was 50 000 in Kenyan shilling not in USD . Converted into USD it’s around $455 .

So Sspot Faraxs you can calm down don’t get your dhiig kar up :pachah1:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
As far as I know, does the spouse take the mehr, some arabs take their daughters mehr to themselves.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
This obsession with meher needs to stop.

Why cant some women ever be satisified? There is nothing wrong with dua or a surah as meher.