Half-Somalis are not Somali

I'm from the south where you would regularly see Somali raised in Somalia with Yemeni fathers who came as merchants or the sons of merchants. Most would call them Muwaalid. Somalis have most definitely adopted that word as I didn't even know it was Arabic. Yet i've heard Somalis use it all my life.
Look at my last edited reply.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
My man's talking about piss and milk. My kids can have a flat Chinese face, look like kunta kinte or pass for a demonic cracker. Waa laandheere iyo waa Somali
"Ni Hao Ma walal, my name's Abdi Zhang Li Samatar and I'm also a fellow Somali" :russ:
"How do you say I was born in the year of the Rooster in aaf Somali?"
0220_pt_0677-2f.jpg

Last edited:
Nah they'd be called muwalid or iska dhal, terms YOUR ancestors created to refer to those kids.

Also, unfortunately Somalis were historically racist to bantus, so if your kids takes after their madow mother they' assume he's a Somali bantu claiming to be from a landheere tribe. We have a word for that too shegato. That is probably why our male ancestors used to avoid marrying non Somali madow women.

Nonsense. This is nothing more than a campaign waged by xalimos and ethno-supremacist Faaraxs obsessed with inbreeding

My man's talking about piss and milk. My kids can have a flat Chinese face, look like kunta kinte or pass for a demonic cracker. Waa laandheere iyo waa Somali
Nah Somalis still judge a person by their mother.If the mother was mostly West Eurasian (like MENA,European,Afghan,NW India) they would be treated well but if your children look like a Madow or Chinese....mans are going to have a hard time :mjlol:

Half Horners usually blend in and only get insulted about their mother's origins in deep heated arguments if the other persons knows them.

You're right sister. I'm half somali myself with a Somali Hooyo and I know I get my lineage from my father's side and that is where I belong. But for someone to come to me and say that I can't recognise my reer abti and mother's side is saying falsehood and is just hiding their cunsuurinimo. That is why I brought the example of the best generarion (Sahabah) to see of they upheld that same mindset and I saw that they didn't.

Alhamdulillah the truth has been shown and falsehood has failed. Insha'Allah the next generation follow the way of the Prophet (saw) and his companions and give up these sort of ideas.
Imagine being half somali lmao

Differentiate between Somali Nationality and Ethnicity. Nothing Haram about stating someone's Nasab ain't Somali ethnically if they don't Abtirsi to one of the recognised Somali clans.

I do not speak for those that troll Ajnabi kids with Somali mothers. The Loud online Somalis are not representative of all Somalis. Why bother with those you don't consider Somali anyway? Waa Wali!
You're right and wrong. The ruling of slave children being attributed to their father was introduced by Islam. But with this analogy, Bilal ibn Rabah (RA) was already attributed to his father hence "Rabah" because he was a Arab slave himself. If you study the seerah, throughout you will see he is referred to as Bilal Al Habashi. Similar to other great companions such as Salman al Farisi and Ka'ab bin Rumi. There is also a famous hadith in regards to Bilal being insulted by Abu Darda al Ghifari (RA) due to his heritage, which he repented and apologised for.

My point is, the mother side is respected and acknowledged from a person irrespective whether you get your lineage from your father and you belong with him.

You're right about

You're right and wrong. The ruling of slave children being attributed to their father was introduced by Islam. But with this analogy, Bilal ibn Rabah (RA) was already attributed to his father hence "Rabah" because he was a Arab slave himself. If you study the seerah, throughout you will see he is referred to as Bilal Al Habashi. Similar to other great companions such as Salman al Farisi and Ka'ab bin Rumi. There is also a famous hadith in regards to Bilal being insulted by Abu Darda al Ghifari (RA) due to his heritage, which he was repented and apologised for.

My point is, the mother side is respected and acknowledged from a person irrespective whether you get your lineage from your father and you belong with him.
Who argued about disrespecting a maternal side. When did saying the truth that you are who your father become disrespectful?

I am just keeping it real from an ethnocentric viewpoint. Your mum could be Xurul Cayn for all I care but thou are the sperm that spawned you lineage wise in Somali culture.

We have a culture of generally respecting Reer Apti in our Dhaqan? Ironic though cos it never stopped us from butchering other despite the traditional mixing with neighbouring clans.

I heard Bilal's dad was a black Arab (got that from Omar Suleiman). His mother had a higher social standing, as she was a Habashi princess, so the Arabs highlighted that side.

Who argued about disrespecting a maternal side. When did saying the truth that you are who your father become disrespectful?

I am just keeping it real from an ethnocentric viewpoint. Your mum could be Xurul Cayn for all I care but thou are the sperm that spawned you lineage wise in Somali culture.

We have a culture of generally respecting Reer Apti in our Dhaqan? Ironic though cos it never stopped us from butchering other despite the traditional mixing with neighbouring clans.
I didn't say you argued about disrespecting maternal side and I accept the truth. My argument is that for you to say a Half-Somali with a Somali Hooyo cannot have any ties to that side of his ethnicity is wrong islamicially. It's true, you're what your father is. You belong to his people and tribe but at the same time you should also acknowledge your mother's side aswell.

Somali Dhaqan and Islam go hand in hand. Whether that stopped people from "butchering" each other doesn't negate the principle of what the best of mankind taught to this ummah.

Whats so special about being a Somali? Except a failed state , discrimination, no womens rights,hunger,. Our only excwption is islam we dont even practice it correctly 🙄🙄🙄🙄 so meh

I didn't say you argued about disrespecting maternal side and I accept the truth. My argument is that for you to say a Half-Somali with a Somali Hooyo cannot have any ties to that side of his ethnicity is wrong islamicially. It's true, you're what your father is. You belong to his people and tribe but at the same time you should also acknowledge your mother's side aswell.

Somali Dhaqan and Islam go hand in hand. Whether that stopped people from "butchering" each other doesn't negate the principle of what the best of mankind taught to this ummah.
Nicca you thick?

Who said they can't have ties?

No one can stop you from having ties with your Reer Apti, they are your kin after all.

I made my stance plain in the last post.

Are you saying that is a Yemeni Mahmah? I know for a fact its a Somali one wtf.
It's a Yemeni one, my grandfather who grew up in Yemen told me it.He used to sometimes be racially abused growing up and would tell me the horrible things said to him by other kids and just the general insight on how internal Yemeni colorism/racism.He grew up in South Yemen who were also accused by Northern (and whiter) Yemenis that they are a bunch of Somali and Indian Muwalladiin

Ngl this video cracks me up cause this is how landers sound like when they speak Arabic :dead:

Whats so special about being a Somali? Except a failed state , discrimination, no womens rights,hunger,. Our only excwption is islam we dont even practice it correctly 🙄🙄🙄🙄 so meh
We men are stuck with being Somali whoever we breed with but you are free to be bred by whatever catches your fancy in God's Green Earth so go forth and find that exotic Prince Charming huuno.

Trending