Half-Somalis are not Somali

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
No walaalo, His dad was a Arab slave called Rabah and so was his mother. Throughout the seerah and his life he was known as Bilal Al Habashi. Check out Imam Ad Dhahabee, Ibn Kathir and Ibn Shafi commentary on Bilal's background and many other scholars.
I heard it from Omar Suleiman on Bilal (in a good YouTube video about the Sahaba). Stating that his mother was royalty with a higher standing than his father, thus emphasis of the Habashi pedigree. His father was from a black Arab tribe, albeit a slave himself too.

I heard it from Omar Suleiman on Bilal (in a good YouTube video about the Sahaba). Stating that his mother was royalty with a higher standing than his father, thus the emphasis Habashi pedigree, but his father was from a black Arab tribe, albeit a slave himself too.
I'll say be careful from Omar Suleiman and who you take your knowledge from. He was the same guy joining gay parades, supporting LGBTQ and stating that it is permissible to have pictures in your home.

Go back to the authentic sources from the Salaf and also the classical scholars such as Ibn Kathir etc. One great book i'll recommend is "The Sealed Nectar" which goes through the Prophet's (saw) life and has brief mentions of his companions background.

Why you slandering Somali mothers for. Alhamdulillah from a young age my mother taught me that I belong to my father's people and I belong to his lineage. I'm not confused about anything. I'm proud of the way Allah created me.

Bring your argument with evidence from the Quran and Sunnah. If you can, i'll happily accept. But if not, I suggest you stop supporting rulings with no basis in the Quran and Sunnah. Somali Dhaqan = Islam

Anyone arguing with that when the truth is manifested on them is either a Munafiq, Murtad or a Jahil.
Who told you that Somali culture = Arabic Culture, you being very arrogant and condescending young boy I suggest you humble yourself, you as a non-somali have no right to define what is Somali culture and what isn't. Respect Somali culture otherwise get off the forum.

You can't guilt trip using the islam card as I'm a non-practising Muslim.

Somali Culture existed before Prophet Muhammad Scws. What we Somali and all other non-Arab Muslims do is integrate our culture to the religion we practise.

May I ask you which country is your father from?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Who told you that Somali culture = Arabic Culture, you being very arrogant and condescending young boy I suggest you humble yourself, you as a non-somali have no right to define what is Somali culture and what isn't. Respect Somali culture otherwise get off the forum.
You can't guilt trip using the islam card as I'm a non-practising Muslim.

Somali Culture existed before Prophet Muhammad Scws. What we Somali and all other non-Arab Muslims do is integrate our culture to the religion we practise.

May I ask you which country is your father from?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I never said that Somali culture = Arabic culture once, don't lie about me. I said our Dhaqan goes hand in hand with Islam and anything against Islam is automatically abrogated. Ask any Somali, they will tell you the same thing.

What is the "Islam" card? All I did was bring evidence from the Quran and Sunnah whilst you spoke out of your own desires. Address the arguments i'm making with the same criteria or else just keep it to yourself. Any cultural practices or beliefs which contradict Islam is falsehood and should be called out on. As a "non somali" I thought you would know more than me on that matter. Xishood mu xeesa tid?

My father's side are Fulani from Mauritania.

I never said that Somali culture = Arabic culture once, don't lie about me. I said our Dhaqan goes hand in hand with Islam and anything against Islam is automatically abrogated. Ask any Somali, they will tell you the same thing.

What is the "Islam" card? All I did was bring evidence from the Quran and Sunnah whilst you spoke out of your own desires. Address the arguments i'm making with the same criteria or else just keep it to yourself. Any cultural practices or beliefs which contradict Islam is falsehood and should be called out on. As a "non somali" I thought you would know more than me on that matter. Xishood mu xeesa tid?

I remember you now, did you not get exposed in the last thread you were engaged in as being a Somali female troll

I'll say be careful from Omar Suleiman and who you take your knowledge from. He was the same guy joining gay parades, supporting LGBTQ and stating that it is permissible to have pictures in your home.

Go back to the authentic sources from the Salaf and also the classical scholars such as Ibn Kathir etc. One great book i'll recommend is "The Sealed Nectar" which goes through the Prophet's (saw) life and has brief mentions of his companions background.
I consider the man a public speaker, and there is value in what he put out (this does not mean I agree with everything he does or says. One chief example is the weird LGBT prayer thing). Do I think he is a scholar? I don't think so. Certainly, there are people with higher Islamic scholarly rigor that devote their whole lives researching works by Muslims and Islam. I understand.

I think his claim about the tribe of Bilal's father is something to look into. Omar might be correct about their blackness. People with African backgrounds were common, very much assimilated, having tribes as well.

I remember you now, did you not get exposed in the last thread you were engaged in as being a Somali female
I remember you now, did you not get exposed in the last thread you were engaged in as being a Somali female troll
I consider the man a public speaker, and there is value in what he put out (this does not mean I agree with everything he does or says. One chief example is the weird LGBT prayer thing). Do I think he is a scholar? I don't think so. Certainly, there are people with higher Islamic scholarly rigor that devote their whole lives researching works by Muslims and Islam. I understand.

I think his claim about the tribe of Bilal's father is something to look into. Omar might be correct about their blackness. People with African backgrounds were common, very much assimilated, having tribes as well.
Yeah thats understandable bro. I'll look into it myself again, but from what I recall from the seerah his father was 100% a Arab slave and his mother was a Abyssinian slave.

There have been some opinions on whether Bilal was a Arab or not due to his father side from classical scholars in the past. But the fact of the matter is that his title Bilal Al Habashi was in reference to his mother's side. May Allah bless you.

All this talk of identity and lineage is baffling.We're one of the most homogenous ethnicities in the world anyway. I don't care if somali women date/marry out :manny:, some people act like they will take their ethnicity with them to the afterlife, no one gives a shit. Only somali girls for me walle, just my preference.

We From The Valley Ain't Somali Cause We Don't Trace Our Line To Samaale We Are Daroodi Even Though Our Kings Took Brides From Them

Screenshot_20220114-193134_Chrome.jpg

empire-andrew-lyon.gif

Fulani from Mauritania? Ahlan wa Sahlan akhuya! You are Arab from both sides of your family

arabworld5.jpg

Its quite obvious many faraxs parade the paternal lineage excuse because they want access to non Somali women, yet want us to limit our options to only them. An ego thing 🤷🏽‍♀️

But anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that mixed kids are just that - mixed. Not quite a member of either group.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A Half Somali is simply just Half Somali. There is no need to make them choose sides, or make them cosplay as an unmixed Somali.
:mjlol:Unless they are from a Horn-like group then they stand no chance of entirely blending in. Even if there is a Somali father in the mix then there is still an element of otherness felt. They will be referred to as Iska dhaal still. And if there is an exchange of words them not being full Somali will be the subject of the criticism. Let's keep it 100. Just be what it is you are. Stop trying to mold yourself to what others expect you to be.

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
A Half Somali is simply just Half Somali. There is no need to make them choose sides, or make them cosplay as an unmixed Somali.
:mjlol:Unless they are from a Horn-like group then they stand no chance of entirely blending in. Even if there is a Somali father in the mix then there is still an element of otherness felt. They will be referred to as Iska dhaal still. And if there is an exchange of words them not being full Somali will be the subject of the criticism. Let's keep it 100. Just be what it is you are. Stop trying to mold yourself to what others expect you to be.
My cousin is half somali, he’s whitewashed but he barely be with his white side of his family since his mom died

Trending