Help me understand this please

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
As for nuns f*ck them.

Did you know that italian nuns use to steal somali (they did this in the UK too) babies. They would deliver the baby and tell the mother that the child was born stillborn and then go on to sell the baby to people who wanted to adopt in Italy.

f*ck christians who 'help' people on stolen land while their people are terrorizing and colonizing the planet. Just because someone looks like a good person doesn't mean they are.

End of rant. Nuns are not holy. They eat and shit like the rest of us.

Hafez

VIP
I didn't say it was a sect. I'm talking about tasawwuf/spirituality here.
Tasawwuf and tazkiyah (purification of the soul) according to the Sunnah? No problem with that. Whirling? That's not Islamic. Break dancing and other strange practices? Not Islamic. Doing prescribed dhikr, acts of nawafil, etc? No problem, in fact, encouraged. Salafis do this too.

The problem is, people inventing new "titles" for themselves and causing disunity. The true ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah are known.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
There was a correct form of "sufism" that was practiced by Abdul Qadir al Jilani, Sirri as Siqti, Daawud at Tai, Imam Nawawi, etc. but the problem is when they started to deviate and inject foreign practices into their daily rituals.

Modern salafis also insert foreign practices as well.

What's wrong with whirling though?

Hafez

VIP
You are a Zoroastrian. You are not Muslim
How is a gaal making takfir on others? Warr sxb, you don't even know the conditions that must be met before one could be declared a kaafir. Injecting foreign practices in your daily rituals just makes you a sinner and deviant but still a Muslim bi'ithnillah as long as no shirk is involved.

Hafez

VIP
Modern salafis also insert foreign practices as well.

What's wrong with whirling though?
Whirling is not from Islam. Modern Salafis do not "inset foreign practices", their problems are pertaining to their views most of the times.

How is a gaal making takfir on others? Warr sxb, you don't even know the conditions that must be met before one could be declared a kaafir. Injecting foreign practices in your daily rituals just makes you a sinner and deviant but still a Muslim bi'ithnillah as long as no shirk is involved.

You are not a Salafi. You said this yourself. This takes you out of the fold if you dont follow the way of the Salaf.

Do you think grave worshipping is Islam?

Do you think Prophet Muhammad would consider grave worshippers as fellow Muslims?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Tasawwuf and tazkiyah (purification of the soul) according to the Sunnah? No problem with that. Whirling? That's not Islamic. Break dancing and other strange practices? Not Islamic. Doing prescribed dhikr, acts of nawafil, etc? No problem, in fact, encouraged. Salafis do this too.

The problem is, people inventing new "titles" for themselves and causing disunity. The true ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah are known.

I only spoke on the spiritual tradition of Islam, not the particular practices of specific Sufi orders. @AbdiJohnson thinks tasawwuf is an innovation and not Islam. As for people referring to themselves as "Sufi", it's a sign of the times. I don't support division, but the Ummah has been divided by Salafis who think they're the only Muslims and everyone who deviates from how they understand and practice the religion is a gaal. Ironically, many of them end up with Salafi burnout and become gaals.

Hafez

VIP
You are not a Salafi. You said this yourself. This takes you out of the fold if you dont follow the way of the Salaf.

Do you think grave worshipping is Islam?

Do you think Prophet Muhammad would consider grave worshippers as fellow Muslims?
That is shirk, I said as long as no shirk is involved... Seriously dude. I agree with Salafis for the most part, yacni 99% but the problems I have with them are very few, I can count them on my fingers.

Islam is one of the world's smallest religions.

Don't call yourself a Muslim if you miss even one prayer without a proper excuse. Muslims are not allowed to miss one prayer without excuse and Muslims are not allowed to miss one day of fast without excuse.

Somali hijabi girls who support or are indifferent to gay marriage are not Muslim. This is in contradiction to God's words.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Whirling is not from Islam. Modern Salafis do not "inset foreign practices", their problems are pertaining to their views most of the times.

Yes they do.

For example instead of viewing the crescent to determine Eid or Ramadan they follow whatever Saudi says regardless of what's observed where they are. That's innovation. They do plenty of other thing too many to list, many of which are what I call following 'the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law' if you get what I mean.

That is shirk, I said as long as no shirk is involved... Seriously dude. I agree with Salafis for the most part, yacni 99% but the problems I have with them are very few, I can count them on my fingers.

Well Sufis break dance and worship graves. Sufis are not Muslims. They are Zoroastrians.

The Islamic God of Abraham has said if you purposely go against what I said and making it permissible, you are not Muslim.

Its one thing to have gay sex and know it's haram but it's a totally different thing to have gay sex and accept it as normal. Youre out of the fold.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Islam was perfected in the seventh century my friends.

Anyone who deviates from the blessed path of the Prophet and accepts what he did not accept and reject what he did not reject is a clear kaafir.

Status
Not open for further replies.