I am tired of Habesha people thinking I am one of them

Yaraye

VIP
It’s become a weekly thing and it’s annoying now smh.

The other day at work a Habesha woman came up to me and asked me “are you Ethiopian or Eritrean?” I said I am Somali. Then she was like “what??? You don’t have a Somali looking face at all I thought you were 100% habesha”. The habesha housekeepers also like to greet me in (amharic? tigrinya?) in the hallways but I ignore them because I don’t understand what they’re saying.

Last week I went to a hairdresser (who is Ethiopian) and she was like “you have very Ethiopian hair, I have many Somali clients and you hair does not feel like theirs” wtf does that mean????

I don’t even think I have similar features to them, I certainly don’t have that big eye shape. And Somali people have been able to tell I’m Somali.

Does anyone else have this problem?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
your cooked the upper eyelid exposure is too much squintmaxx immediately and do eyelid pulling also get some retinol and collagen products for your under eye. and yes you beat the habesha allegations since habesha eyes protude out of their eyesocket yours dont seem like that.
I already be squintmaxxing when im outside with the sun glazzing my eyes so i got half of the looksmaxxing done :ftw9nwa: have you minoxmaxxed btw? that shit works wonders

Nin123

The most misunderstood man in here.
VIP

The other day at work a Habesha woman came up to me and asked me “are you Ethiopian or Eritrean?” I said I am Somali. Then she was like “what??? You don’t have a Somali looking face at all I thought you were 100% habesha”. The habesha housekeepers also like to greet me in (amharic? tigrinya?) in the hallways but I ignore them because I don’t understand what they’re saying.

Last week I went to a hairdresser (who is Ethiopian) and she was like “you have very Ethiopian hair, I have many Somali clients and you hair does not feel like theirs” wtf does that mean????

I don’t even think I have similar features to them, I certainly don’t have that big eye shape. And Somali people have been able to tell I’m Somali.

Post your pic in here so we can judge if you look Ethiopian.

HOOGAY !!! You got the worst problem sxb. I tend to get Pajeet women and Yemeni after me. I have had couple of occasions when I get Yemeni girl be like wow your Tall for a Yemeni. I feel like backing handing them, but I always tell them I'm Somali. I have never seen an Ethiopian with straight hair. What kind of hair type do you have ?

It doesn’t matter, same sjt . Habesha and Somalis are Africans anyway . The only difference is Habesha have bigger eyes and woolly hair.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
we are neighboring countries, nothing wrong with looking like each other. habesha people are good people, they always say hi to me :)

Same. I actually had to vent to family and friends because it was getting too much. Even Somalis think I’m Ethio/Eritrean.

I now make it a point to speak Somali in public, I even salaam random Somalis so they know I’m one of them. It’s really sad.

Worst of all my good looks are being associated with Xabashis, it’s not fair.:mjcry: