Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Somaliland can't lose it's claim to nationhood just because some clans don't agree. A UN observed referendum didn't happen to get everyone's opinion so this is what has to happen to get back the east. Then once it's secured we can sit down as clans and discuss
Somaliland's claim is based on its democracy and its people's will to secede and believe in a republic of Somaliland, and this proves that these claims are false, and Somaliland is nothing more than autonomous region of Somalia that is forcing the people to adopt Somaliland's regime ideology.

Tanzania banning Kenya Airways and Sudan suspending membership with IGAD only highlights what an incompetent government HSM is running. It also erases any doubt that he was unaware of the MOU, and most likely signed it off.

Somaliland's claim is based on its democracy and its people's will to secede and believe in a republic of Somaliland, and this proves that these claims are false, and Somaliland is nothing more than autonomous region of Somalia that is forcing the people to adopt Somaliland's regime ideology.
If somaliland didn't have a case I would support reuniting with the south. But we have something. We can't just say f*ck it and go back just because some want to. It's all about the majority and if they say let's vote on it we will. If the majority is let's go back then we'll go back

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
What do you mean
Quite self explanatory don’t you think.
A lot of the statements you have made about sovereignty and not wanting “minority” clans to break down the republic could also apply to Somalia.

Other statements you have made are down right hypocritical, and the fact you don’t know what I’m referencing is well quite bizarre to say the least. But for your convenience I’ll list a few.
“We can’t lose our nationhood”, and then basically stating that you’ll force a large percentage of the population into submission if they don’t follow your every whim, amongst some other outlandish claims. I mean your honest I’ll give you that but at the end of the day the qabil that wants this “republic” to come to fruition is outnumbered by those who want no part in it.

Last edited:
If this doesn't workout and there's no good outcome (like a domino affect or something that's not to time consuming) then somaliland needs to make peace with the south. We can't go another 33 years

Quite self explanatory don’t you think.

“We can’t lose our nationhood”, and then basically stating that you’ll force a large percentage of the population into submission if they don’t follow your every whim, amongst some other outlandish claims. I mean your honest I’ll give you that but at the end of the day the qabil that wants this “republic” to come to fruition is outnumbered by those who want no part in it.
Are you talking outnumbered inside somalia or just somaliland. Because inside somaliland it's mainly isaaq and maybe not even all of them like the garxajis those guys are iffy as f*ck and the rest we know. A referendum can go either way. Its kind of selfish what the isaaq are doing forcing the other clans but it was that or wait for xamar to settle down and no one knew when that was gonna happen. Inside somalia is a different story. The only reason we're trying to pull this off is because this is the only chance we got. Once somalia recovers somaliland is dead

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
If this doesn't workout and there's no good outcome (like a domino affect or something that's not to time consuming) then somaliland needs to make peace with the south. We can't go another 33 years

Somaliland had 15+ years headstart if I was SL, I would have claimed to be the sole legitmate government in Somalia by 1998 and took every cent the UN and IC could spare to build up legitimacy. You ruined your golden years

1991-2007

So what could possibly be his goal? How does Ethiopia getting a port benefit him?

His bank accounts benefits. The office of President is purely a money making machine to fatten his pension. He owns real estate in other countries, and once his four years are up he will retire outside Somalia with his wealth and fade to obscurity, leaving future generations to hold the bag.

Geopolitics, the future, sovereignty are all just random words in a dictionary for him.

Somaliland had 15+ years headstart if I was SL, I would have claimed to be the sole legitmate government in Somalia by 1998 and took every cent the UN and IC could spare to build up legitimacy. You ruined your golden years

1991-2007
Your probably right and right now the south will most likely strongarm us not give us shit. I don't think we have an ally with hawiye anymore it's been 33 years and somaliland doesn't have a good policy when it comes to the south so all that take the capital and president sheeko would just go out the window. If this Ethiopia thing doesn't work and quick then we have no choice

Sup

Your probably right and right now the south will most likely strongarm us not give us shit. I don't think we have an ally with hawiye anymore it's been 33 years and somaliland doesn't have a good policy when it comes to the south so all that take the capital and president sheeko would just go out the window
Then return to the table and take your share. Otherwise it might be another 33 years in limbo.

The Turks know good diplomacy. Straight dialogue Not this Egypt Eritrea somalia alliance saying we're not gonna let them in the water yeah you have concerns but let people eat

Sup

The Turks know good diplomacy. Straight dialogue Not this Egypt Eritrea somalia alliance saying we're not gonna let them in the water yeah you have concerns but let people eat

Turkey doesn’t recognise SL so he is not there as an equal, as the tweet is making it out to be. The SL foreign minister knew when embarking on that journey, that it was on behest of the SFG. They knew what the outcome would be so why go ? The answer is publicity, or image so to speak.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Your probably right and right now the south will most likely strongarm us not give us shit. I don't think we have an ally with hawiye anymore it's been 33 years and somaliland doesn't have a good policy when it comes to the south so all that take the capital and president sheeko would just go out the window. If this Ethiopia thing doesn't work and quick then we have no choice
Sxb the signature has to come from Xamar and the FGS, if ictiraaf was easy how come Taiwan and Hong Kong remain Chinese

They are more geopolitically relevant than Africa , but they firmly under China.

Turkey doesn’t recognise SL so he is not there as an equal, as the tweet is making it out to be. The SL foreign minister knew when embarking on that journey, that it was on behest of the SFG. They knew what the outcome would be so why go ? The answer is publicity, or image so to speak.
Yeah they probably wanna talk about this issue. They've been trying to mediate between us forever. It will be quick though theres not much the Turks bring except saying talk to somalia and we just say no.

This constitute as illegal foreign military intervention in Somalia's political landscape. Somaliland doesn't control the Northern Somalia, nor its claims that all northern somalis wants to break away from Somalia is true, and they are trying to change that through military force.

Waraabe is waffling and I wouldn’t take him serious.

Northern Somalia and Somali region would be on fire if Isaaqs tried to use Ethiopians against Harti. Remember this is the same Individual who was threatening to reach Garowe.

Sxb the signature has to come from Xamar and the FGS, if ictiraaf was easy how come Taiwan and Hong Kong remain Chinese

They are more geopolitically relevant than Africa , but they firmly under China.
From what I know the British leased Hong Kong from China and they should be getting it back this century. Taiwan considers itself independent but china is gonna invade them.
I don't think we need a signature from xamar that's just sheeko we can get independence different ways. Their not trying to let us go and we know that.

Yeah they probably wanna talk about this issue. They've been trying to mediate between us forever. It will be quick though theres not much the Turks bring except saying talk to somalia and we just say no.
Then why travel there in the first place? There's not a single country that got recognised breaking away from the same ethnicity. There's 0 chance SL gets recognition from the world that matters. Getting recognition from a country that defaulted a loan of $33mil last month is a sure way to engulf the region in a never ending fire and tit for tat. Awdal state, SSC as new member states and the FG probably signaling to recognise FANO or OLF as a legitime entity. Where do we go from there? No peace in the region forget about developing. I hope the IC recognises the horn can't afford that.