Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Then why travel there in the first place? There's not a single country that got recognised breaking away from the same ethnicity. There's 0 chance SL gets recognition from the world that matters. Getting recognition from a country that defaulted a loan of $33mil last month is a sure way to engulf the region in a never ending fire and tit for tat. Awdal state, SSC as new member states and the FG probably signaling to recognise FANO or OLF as a legitime entity. Where do we go from there? No peace in the region forget about developing. I hope the IC recognises the horn can't afford that.
There's a possibility SL gets something out of this. Ethiopia gets alot of love from Africans for their past like not being colonized the other African nations respect that and its also the seat of the AU. So if somaliland can use that as a starting point and get other countries to listen to our case then good. I'm saying somaliland needs to take advantage of this.
And wtf is somalia doing about it. Saying we're going to war and wanting to arm up every clan in the north to fight against us. Ethiopia said we don't want to cause any problems in the region there at war themselves. They want access to the sea and we got it for them.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
There's a possibility SL gets something out of this. Ethiopia gets alot of love from Africans for their past like not being colonized the other African nations respect that and its also the seat of the AU. So if somaliland can use that as a starting point and get other countries to listen to our case then good. I'm saying somaliland needs to take advantage of this.
And wtf is somalia doing about it. Saying we're going to war and wanting to arm up every clan in the north to fight against us. Ethiopia said we don't want to cause any problems in the region there at war themselves. They want access to the sea and we got it for them.
Reason you haven’t got independence is because somaliland is poor and beholden to foreigners for aid and investment like Somalia. Ethiopia is not respected they have been sanctioned, had aid cut off , credit is terrible and thousands starve every year.

if you want independence it will have to be outside current system and that takes alot of money and Influence. if you guys had good economy the easiest route would be to buy fgs and push through independence and push your policy on south. This deal with Ethiopia is business deal nothing more Ethiopia has no power on world stage to change anything

Reason you haven’t got independence is because somaliland is poor and beholden to foreigners for aid and investment like Somalia. Ethiopia is not respected they have been sanctioned, had aid cut off , credit is terrible and thousands starve every year.

if you want independence it will have to be outside current system and that takes alot of money and Influence. if you guys had good economy the easiest route would be to buy fgs and push through independence and push your policy on south. This deal with Ethiopia is business deal nothing more Ethiopia has no power on world stage to change anything
Damn your making me rethink Ethiopia now. Somaliland is poor yeah but we can add to the political arena of the horn be it financially (we have resources) security wise, a long coastline in a volatile but strategic area there's shit that we offer to the world.

Buying independence from the south isn't gonna work it might of back then but I dont know now the fgs seems pretty serious with their one somalia policy. We can lobby for it but paying these guys off isn't gonna work

Broski you live in a fantasy land where African countries have a say, not bc of weakness but their vulnerability for the same to happen to them. Just to give you an example: there are 250 ETHNIC groups in Congo with more than 120 armed groups wanting recognition. Do you see the bomb that's about to go off?

Broski you live in a fantasy land where African countries have a say, not bc of weakness but their vulnerability for the same to happen to them. Just to give you an example: there are 250 ETHNIC groups in Congo with more than 120 armed groups wanting recognition. Do you see the bomb that's about to go off?
Yeah but the Au already said somalilands case wouldn't cause any problems back in 2005. Now Ethiopia taking that first step might get these other guys to here us out

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Damn your making me rethink Ethiopia now. Somaliland is poor yeah but we can add to the political arena of the horn be it financially (we have resources) security wise, a long coastline in a volatile but strategic area there's shit that we offer to the world.

Buying independence from the south isn't gonna work it might of back then but I dont know now the fgs seems pretty serious with their one somalia policy. We can lobby for it but paying these guys off isn't gonna work
You need to be just lucky once strike big with oil and gas you can push a lot through. Move capital and run show , push independence or confederation. Somalilnd is way ahead of fgs so I do feel for yall it’s not fair rest of country holding yall back

You need to be just lucky once strike big with oil and gas you can push a lot through. Move capital and run show , push independence or confederation. Somalilnd is way ahead of fgs so I do feel for yall it’s not fair rest of country holding yall back
Yeah man we have resources and all that it's gonna take time though. We just started surveying for oil now so we should get it out buy 2025 or so. A lot of natural gas too so the resources are there but extraction costs alot of money and somaliland doesn't wanna sell all it's resources for pennies now when we can get so much more for it with recognition. The world will take you serious then and not completely try to rob you

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
I didn't say that hilmaam did. All we have on you guys is peace. Nothing else really.
Yall have peace, finished constitution, election by the people, the most robust tax collection system, biggest port within Somalia. Puntland is up there as welll. FGS has long way to go