Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
View attachment 332061

Administrative regions in Africa in 1960, where only the names have changed:

Bechuanaland Protectorate - became the Republic of Botswana on 30 September 1966.

Ruanda-Urundi - became the two independent states of Rwanda and Burundi.

South West Africa - renamed to Namibia from 12 June 1968.

Southern Rhodesia - the country achieved internationally recognised independence as Zimbabwe in April 1980.

Northern Rhodesia - the country became independent in 1964 as Zambia.

Republic of Upper Volta - On 4 August 1984, it changed its name to Burkina Faso.

Rio Muni, Fernando Po, Annobón (Spanish Guinea) – gains independence as Republic of Equatorial Guinea in 1968.

Dahomey - In 1960, Dahomey gained full independence from France as a sovereign state Benin.

Some border changes:

Tanganyika & Zanizibar - Both achieve independence seperately and form a Union to create Tanzania.

View attachment 332064

View attachment 332065

Mali Federation - The Mali Federation was a federation in West Africa linking the French colonies of Senegal and the Sudanese Republic (or French Sudan) for two months in 1960. It was founded on 4 April 1959 as a territory with self-rule within the French Community and became independent after negotiations with France on 20 June 1960. Although the Mali Federation existed in name only in Bamako for another month, France and most other nations recognized the two colonies as separate independent countries on 12 September 1960.

Western Sahara
-
View attachment 332069

British Cameroons (BR Cameroons) - the major question was whether to remain with Nigeria or to unite with the newly independent Republic of Cameroon. In a UN-supervised plebiscite in February 1961, the south decided to unite with the former French Cameroun, creating the Federal Republic of Cameroon. The north voted to join the Federation of Nigeria.

View attachment 332066

----

British Cameroons might be the only close case but even then they didn't achieve independence, they were given a vote by the British on which country to join (Nigeria or Cameroon).

That's why the AU fact finding mission came to the conclusion:

View attachment 332067

---------------------------
In conclusion: Italian Somaliland tried to absorb and digest British Somaliland but it didn't work.

Yeah you know nothing about the Cameroon situation and it shows

:dead:

Last edited:

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Xamar politicians passed another union act bill that was different without consulting Somaliland's representatives and there was no signing that took place between the 2 parties on the union which effectively makes it a total annexation by the entity that existed in Xamar instead of actual union of two nations.

And Silaanyo, Egal, Edna Adan and the rest of the SL elite still took their Xamar pay checks and lived lavish lives.

Silaanyo was the worst, nigga was a minister for Barre in the 1980s.

Somalilanders only had an issue with the union once the South collapsed, up until then they were very willing to be part of the Somalia set up.

Simple question:

What were borders of the Somali republic on 1st July 1960?

1718755580256.png

It's 8 words, you keep trying to say other things. It's not the borders of the Somalia republic. That was just another union that failed.

View attachment 332117

It's 8 words, you keep trying to say other things. It's not the borders of the Somalia republic. That was just another union that failed.
The Italian empire invaded Ethiopia. I think you all know that. Nobody gave damn because it didn't affect major countries interest at the time. Nobody did anything even when Italy sided with Germany. It took an Italian invasion to British possessions in Africa (Somaliland Ironically) for Britain to act. Even if you have all the legal boxes checked you are not going anywhere without the backup of major countries. Somaliland's independence is going to be a major blow to Africa's stability and that's against many major countries interest. The FSM is growing stronger and stronger everyday and that's evident with the major investment done by Isaaq businessmen in Xamar like Dhahb tower. The Isaaq clan's best call is to take part in it and use their separatism as a pressure card on xamar to gain more while they can otherwise they will endup like the Arabs of Kuhzestan in Iran or like chechnya.

The Italian empire invaded Ethiopia. I think you all know that. Nobody gave damn because it didn't affect major countries interest at the time. Nobody did anything even when Italy sided with Germany. It took an Italian invasion to British possessions in Africa (Somaliland Ironically) for Britain to act. Even if you have all the legal boxes checked you are not going anywhere without the backup of major countries. Somaliland's independence is going to be a major blow to Africa's stability and that's against many major countries interest. The FSM is growing stronger and stronger everyday and that's evident with the major investment done by Isaaq businessmen in Xamar like Dhahb tower. The Isaaq clan's best call is to take part in it and use their separatism as a pressure card on xamar to gain more while they can otherwise they will endup like the Arabs of Kuhzestan in Iran or like chechnya.

Many unions in Africa have ended, it's no big deal. Everyone knows the government in Mogadishu is failed so no other country is going to be too concerned. You should be worried about building functioning government in Somalia not Somaliland. There's no need for Somalilanders to appeal to Xamar.

Many unions in Africa have ended, it's no big deal. Everyone knows the government in Mogadishu is failed so no other country is going to be too concerned. You should be worried about building functioning government in Somalia not Somaliland. There's no need for Somalilanders to appeal to Xamar.
First of all I am a diaspora Somali who has no dog in this fight. But my relatives in Badhan and laasqoray do. Do you think they would able to accept to be ruled over by another clan and be a minority in their own rightful land? If they did, what about Dulbahante or the Gadabursi in Awdal? That's why the international community doesn't view Somaliland like they viewed Eritrea for instance (which have been a pain in the neck to them despite it being intact). Somaliland's situation is similar to that of South Sudan but with the less water and less food. Somaliland is guaranteed to be in a state of civil war once it gain independence. The war might extend to the Isaaq sub clans themselves just like the 90s. Nobody wants another South Sudan buddy.

First of all I am a diaspora Somali who has no dog in this fight. But my relatives in Badhan and laasqoray do. Do you think they would able to accept to be ruled over by another clan and be a minority in their own rightful land? If they did, what about Dulbahante or the Gadabursi in Awdal? That's why the international community doesn't view Somaliland like they viewed Eritrea for instance (which have been a pain in the neck to them despite it being intact). Somaliland's situation is similar to that of South Sudan but with the less water and less food. Somaliland is guaranteed to be in a state of civil war once it gain independence. The war might extend to the Isaaq sub clans themselves just like the 90s. Nobody wants another South Sudan buddy.

You sound like you have a dog in this fight. Every country has different groups what's the story here? If one group, as you say is in power, then the other groups should take the power off them right, otherwise chill and use their democratic vote to get their share. Eritrea's independence was signed off by Ethiopia, no one has a say in it. They have to accept it, totally different case.

If you say what's good for Isaaq (to live under Hawidar) is not good for you, then you are a hyprocrite, sincerely.

Last edited:
You sound like you have a dog in this fight. Every country has different groups what's the story here? If one group, as you say is in power, then the other groups should take the power off them right, otherwise chill and use their democratic vote to get their share. Eritrea's independence was signed off by Ethiopia, no one has a say in it. They have to accept it, totally different case.
You seem like you have been raised on the notion that the world is a fair place. Your ancestors made a major blunder when they went into Union with Italian Somaliland. Their intentions were good and it ended up horribly for them. They pulled back out of the union but it didn't work. Tuur understood this and he tried to take advantage of the situation and do exactly what I am suggesting right now. Unfortunately a lot of his clansman were set on the idea of pulling out of the mess they created by joining the south. Great points were made to the international community and nothing happened in 30+ years. Now you are facing two options, and I say this from a very pragmatic lens, you either exploit this one in a life time opportunity and pressure the FSM for more rights and representation (which has a small but better chance of granting independence btw) or continue seeking the unlikely independence and turn into another khozestan/Chechnya. Now given the current situation of Somaliland I think you guys are heading for the latter option.

You seem like you have been raised on the notion that the world is a fair place. Your ancestors made a major blunder when they went into Union with Italian Somaliland. Their intentions were good and it ended up horribly for them. They pulled back out of the union but it didn't work. Tuur understood this and he tried to take advantage of the situation and do exactly what I am suggesting right now. Unfortunately a lot of his clansman were set on the idea of pulling out of the mess they created by joining the south. Great points were made to the international community and nothing happened in 30+ years. Now you are facing two options, and I say this from a very pragmatic lens, you either exploit this one in a life time opportunity and pressure the FSM for more rights and representation (which has a small but better chance of granting independence btw) or continue seeking the unlikely independence and turn into another khozestan/Chechnya. Now given the current situation of Somaliland I think you guys are heading for the latter option.

You were the one crying about being a minority and how it was unaccepatable to you, now you want to talk real okay.

I don't agree with your assessment. These are tiny regions (Chechnya and Khozestan) that are surrounded in a sea of their countrymen. Somaliland has a relatively short border and a much higher population ratio than those two regions, it's also seperated by a sparesely populated desert region (Puntland). The idea that Somalia is going to launch some massive operation and subjugate the population of Somaliland is far fetched. It was already attempted when the conditions were much more favourable and it failed.

Chechnya (1% of Russia's populution)
1718762322315.png

Khuzestan Province (<5% of population)
1718762447407.png

1718762493451.png

You were the one crying about being a minority and how it was unaccepatable to you, now you want to talk real okay.

I don't agree with your assessment. These are tiny regions (Chechnya and Khozestan) that are surrounded in a sea of their countrymen. Somaliland has a relatively short border and a much higher population ratio than those two regions, it's also seperated by a sparesely populated desert region (Puntland). The idea that Somalia is going to launch some massive operation and subjugate the population of Somaliland is far fetched. It was already attempted when the conditions were much more favourable and it failed.

Chechnya (1% of Russia's populution)
View attachment 332121

Khuzestan Province (<5% of population)
View attachment 332122
View attachment 332123
Again I am not crying about anything, but the way you say it proves that you know you are dragging those people by force with you. It's you who have been crying for Independence for 3 decades. The very weak FSM, which is growing stronger day by day, has already signed a deal with the second strongest nation in nato, Turkey. I am not going to explain the deal to you because I am pretty sure you know about it more than I do. The FSM was able to do that because of your elites arrogance and short-sightedness.

BTW this is Arabstan before it was reduced to just Khuzestan.

Attachments

• CxmmED3WEAAWgJr.jpg_large.jpg
    CxmmED3WEAAWgJr.jpg_large.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 26
Again I am not crying about anything, but the way you say it proves that you know you are dragging those people by force with you. It's you who have been crying for Independence for 3 decades. The very weak FSM, which is growing stronger day by day, has already signed a deal with the second strongest nation in nato, Turkey. I am not going to explain the deal to you because I am pretty sure you know about it more than I do. The FSM was able to do that because of your elites arrogance and short-sightedness.

BTW this is Arabstan before it was reduced to just Khuzestan.

Follow your own advice, go to the capital and make a deal for representation. Whats good for me is good for you, unless you think you are somehow better.

Suspicious Tyler James Williams GIF by ABC Network

Follow your own advice, go to the capital and make a deal for representation. Whats good for me is good for you, unless you think you are somehow better.

Suspicious Tyler James Williams GIF by ABC Network
I am in a better situation than most Somalis in Somalia alright. So if you are there, yes I am better than you. I am not going to set foot in that place anytime in the near future. Not until HSM accomplish getting all of his break away regions in check.
:trumpsmirk:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Xamar politicians passed another union act bill that was different without consulting Somaliland's representatives and there was no signing that took place between the 2 parties on the union which effectively makes it a total annexation by the entity that existed in Xamar instead of actual union of two nations.

My point is that in 1960 all northerns agreed to permanently join Italian Somaliland. They even used the word "forever". This is the last agreement reached in a fully democratic manner by all northerners. No one voted for the 17 men who signed the "Somaliland declaration of independence" at Burco in May 1991. This was an illegal act, a treasonous act, that went against the covenant reached by all northerners in 1960.

This is how "Somaliland" looks from the outside:
Imagine if the southern Daarood (MJ, OG, MX & LK) in 1991 had collected people from the various clans of koonfur and passed a declaration of independence in Garowe declaring that Italian Somaliland will be seceding from the Somali Republic. Daarood then proceed to wage war against Hawiye who refuse to acknowledge our khayaali, and shell Beledweyne for refusing to join our resurrected Italian Somaliland.

Everyone would think we have lost our minds, and they would correct. That is crazy. That is how Isaaq/"Somaliland" appear from the outside. To all other Somalis, Isaaq seem to have lost their mind.

ps.
All irregularities that took place in 1960 were rendered null and void when the Jan 31 1961 Act of Union was passed unanimously by the combined parliaments of British & Italian Somalilands. All 33 British Somaliland MPs voted again in Jan 1961 to pass a new Act of Union which was then signed by the president. The bit about laws not being retroactive is meaningless. The highest authority on what is legal in Somalia is the Somali parliament. The July 1960 constitution only prohibited retroactive penal laws, all other types of retroactive laws were allowed (very similar to Italy).