Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

If the Arab league publicly condemns the MoU and calls for it to be rescinded, I will change my stance on this deal.
Our Arab brothers support us,

"Jamal Rushdi, spokesman for the secretary-general of the Arab League, condemned any deal that violates the sovereignty of the Somali state or attempts to take advantage of Somalia’s fragile internal situation."

You don't have doubt about Russia they definitely with Ethiopia and always have been

How interested is Putin in the red sea and Horn of Africa remains to be seen, but he smells blood and opportunity no doubt
It's not the first time they've sided with Ethiopia, oh well the rest of the world is with us and Allah, we'll be good inshallah.

Our Arab brothers support us,

"Jamal Rushdi, spokesman for the secretary-general of the Arab League, condemned any deal that violates the sovereignty of the Somali state or attempts to take advantage of Somalia’s fragile internal situation."

I will have to rethink my stance. Give me few hours akhi

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
@Hilmaam are we dependent on these rivers?
Yeah bro all our best farmland is around the rivers. Being food independent without these rivers will be tough. We need it for irrigation and drinking water. Somalia is water scarce we have two rivers Jubba and shabelle both come from Ethiopia. Other than we have no other surface fresh water like lakes. Rest is from underground and depletes over time if it doesn’t rain. Somalia very dry

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Yeah bro all our best farmland is around the rivers. Being food independent without these rivers will be tough. We need it for irrigation and drinking water. Somalia is water scarce we have two rivers Jubba and shabelle both come from Ethiopia. Other than we have no other surface fresh water like lakes. Rest is from underground and depletes over time if it doesn’t rain. Somalia very dry
Isnt there a way to mabye make new rivers? or mabye there are dried lakes? any way to ensure self sufficiency?

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Isnt there a way to mabye make new rivers? or mabye there are dried lakes? any way to ensure self sufficiency?
No Somalia most of country desert and dry. All the water comes from places like Ethiopian highland and Kenya for our rivers we don’t get enough rain to form lakes and rivers. We have some stream and ponds form but not consistent to farm around constantly. Other solution is desalination plant but not happening in Somalia any time soon

It's not the first time they've sided with Ethiopia, oh well the rest of the world is with us and Allah, we'll be good inshallah.
I’m pretty sure Russia already has strong relations with Eritrea so they don’t benefit from Ethiopia having access to the Red Sea

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
No Somalia most of country desert and dry. All the water comes from places like Ethiopian highland and Kenya for our rivers we don’t get enough rain to form lakes and rivers. We have some stream and ponds form but not consistent to farm around constantly. Other solution is desalination plant but not happening in Somalia any time soon
Reforestation?