Somali athletes competing at the Olympics

Good list reer Djibouti held their own this year producing all these athletes
They’ve got some athletes coming through these days man, have a look at the Arab championship results they dominate long distance running there.

They probably have the best runners in Africa when compared to population right now

I wonder how much these guys were allocated to spend on the athletes. They have sent 7 times more staff than athletes and the lad who came second in the Africans games missed. I smell corruption.

Boosting this thread. Samiyah just ran the 5000 heats at 5pm local time and ended up coming 15th out of 20. She started off the race well near the front l, and she was about 5th halfway. Just ended up tiring out at the end and she was overtaken so will not qualify for the final.

Mohammed Ahmed will be running in the 10,000 final at 8:20 Paris time.

Boosting this thread. Samiyah just ran the 5000 heats at 5pm local time and ended up coming 15th out of 20. She started off the race well near the front l, and she was about 5th halfway. Just ended up tiring out at the end and she was overtaken so will not qualify for the final.

Yh how do u like Mohammed's chances for a medal?

I’ll never forgive that elham garad women for making that go viral
This corrupt admin actually gets self conscious when stuff gets attention. So her actually showing that looks really bad on us, I agree, however it also brought the news to Somalis far and wide to view the embarrassment that Hassan sheikhs government is.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
This corrupt admin actually gets self conscious when stuff gets attention. So her actually showing that looks really bad on us, I agree, however it also brought the news to Somalis far and wide to view the embarrassment that Hassan sheikhs government is.
"This corrupt admin actually gets self conscious when stuff gets attention"

:mjkkk:

So these niggas know about the FGM stories that go viral and the pedos that gets posted online for marrying little girls???

Kisame

VIP

"Boosting this thread. Samiyah just ran the 5000 heats at 5pm local time and ended up coming 15th out of 20. "

We should only have women from the diaspora competing for us.

Xalimos back home aren't being trained properly.

Yh how do u like Mohammed's chances for a medal?
He’ll have to run an elite race to medal. He’s not the same as he used to be in 2019-2021, but this new crop of 10k Ethiopian runners I’m not convinced by. Moh isn’t as fast as them, but they always choke in the final. It’s the reason Farah was cooking them for years. This year is pretty open too, I’d say there’s only one guaranteed medal in Barega from Ethiopia.

He’s doubling up too in the 5,000 and 10,000, so this should be the easier race for him as it’s first. Let’s wish him luck

"Boosting this thread. Samiyah just ran the 5000 heats at 5pm local time and ended up coming 15th out of 20. "

We should only have women from the diaspora competing for us.

Xalimos back home aren't being trained properly.
At least Samiyah got the qualification time to run at the Olympics. I have never seen a diaspora sister compete in athletics ever
1722623091221.png

Kisame

VIP
At least Samiyah got the qualification time to run at the Olympics. I have never seen a diaspora sister compete in athletics everView attachment 337138
I blame our parents tbh.

Its not just a Somali issue either it's mostly a Muslimah issue. Lots of young Muslimahs are just simply out of shape. They're either skinny or become fat. The ones that do work out often usually just started to hit the gym in their early 20s.

Young Muslim men had the opportunity to go outside to play basketball and soccer just to stay in shape. Hence why most of our skinny niggas are still "in shape".

I blame our parents tbh.

Its not just a Somali issue either it's mostly a Muslimah issue. Lots of young Muslimahs are just simply out of shape. They're either skinny or become fat. The ones that do work out often usually just started to hit the gym in their early 20s.

Young Muslim men had the opportunity to go outside to play basketball and soccer just to stay in shape. Hence why most of our skinny niggas are still "in shape".
I agree, at the end of the day not enough is done to support them fulfilling their dreams. Parents don’t want their kids running because it’s “not our culture”, but we should let people pursue skills they are talented in.

It’s also important to have someone that looks like you as representation and there isn’t any unfortunately.

But at the end of the day our bodies are better suited to endurance sports than the average human, so it’s still a surprise to have never seen a xalimo do long-distance running.

"This corrupt admin actually gets self conscious when stuff gets attention"

:mjkkk:

So these niggas know about the FGM stories that go viral and the pedos that gets posted online for marrying little girls???
Those are problems with the social construct of Somalis. While the FGS athletics committee had a direct hand in corruption for choosing the runner. Both situations have little correlation.

He’ll have to run an elite race to medal. He’s not the same as he used to be in 2019-2021, but this new crop of 10k Ethiopian runners I’m not convinced by. Moh isn’t as fast as them, but they always choke in the final. It’s the reason Farah was cooking them for years. This year is pretty open too, I’d say there’s only one guaranteed medal in Barega from Ethiopia.

He’s doubling up too in the 5,000 and 10,000, so this should be the easier race for him as it’s first. Let’s wish him luck
Yh looks unlikely but there's still a chance for sure. Wish him the best

Kisame

VIP
I agree, at the end of the day not enough is done to support them fulfilling their dreams. Parents don’t want their kids running because it’s “not our culture”, but we should let people pursue skills they are talented in.

It’s also important to have someone that looks like you as representation and there isn’t any unfortunately.

But at the end of the day our bodies are better suited to endurance sports than the average human, so it’s still a surprise to have never seen a xalimo do long-distance running.

"But at the end of the day our bodies are better suited to endurance sports than the average human, so it’s still a surprise to have never seen a xalimo do long-distance running."

At least we have the boxer. Ramla is nice

Somalia should have stacked its bets on non-athletic events like Archery and Olympic shooting. Three decades of madness, and you’re telling me there is not a single John Wick level Olympic shooter or archer in Somalia? A Turkish uncle got off his couch, put on a Galatasaray T-shirt (or whatever) and earned his country a silver medal.

60FACCFC-CCF1-4F1B-B5B2-E7C2AF08233D.png

Somalia should have stacked its bets on non-athletic events like Archery and Olympic shooting. Three decades of madness, and you’re telling me there is not a single John Wick level Olympic shooter or archer in Somalia? A Turkish uncle got off his couch, put on a Galatasaray T-shirt (or whatever) and earned his country a silver medal.

View attachment 337143
All those khat-munching mooryans with AKs and there couldn't even be one

Trending

Latest posts