Somali women: How often do you get approached IRL?

Women only: How often do Somali men approach you IRL? (Excluding online)

• Never

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Maybe once or twice a year

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • 3-5 times a year

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Around once a month

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Whenever I go out someone usually approaches me

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
Somali men, including myself if I must concede, are indeed fairly apprehensive when it comes to the thought of approaching women.

Many Somali boys are taught at a young age to never enter into a relationship with a woman, even if it's a light hearted friendship. They are taught to have 'ceeb' iyo 'Xishood', so engaging in a future relationship with a future spouse may seem like hell to some, especially those who do not have a sister, or any other woman (apart from moms) to have a relationship with. Just imagine not talking to a woman, apart from your mom and siblings, and then trying to look for a spouse. It's like trying drive a vehicle without any prior experience with vehicles at all (Ie. Never seeing a car before).

So cut us some slack. For some of us, the first time we even converse with each other is in high school or Uni.

:drakekidding:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
All the poor fat unattractive men who tried there luck that have completely been forgotten
2f7.jpg

Somali men, including myself if I must concede, are indeed fairly apprehensive when it comes to the thought of approaching women.

Many Somali boys are taught at a young age to never enter into a relationship with a woman, even if it's a light hearted friendship. They are taught to have 'ceeb' iyo 'Xishood', so engaging in a future relationship with a future spouse may seem like hell to some, especially those who do not have a sister, or any other woman (apart from moms) to have a relationship with. Just imagine not talking to a woman, apart from your mom and siblings, and then trying to look for a spouse. It's like trying drive a vehicle without any prior experience with vehicles at all (Ie. Never seeing a car before).

So cut us some slack. For some of us, the first time we even converse with each other is in high school or Uni.

Nin nool iska dhig. Stop with the excuses.

true, cant expect people who are not supposed to interract with girls to be smooth with it
especially if you want a religious man

Xaruun

VIP
true, cant expect people who are not supposed to interract with girls to be smooth with it
especially if you want a religious man

This. Hence why being awkward is a good thing. The wadaad types will be awkward 90% of the time. Another thing to consider is that if you approach the wrong woman and/or you come off as a creep then you can get humiliated like that Nigerian guy or even worse, get arrested and lose your livelihood. Cold approach isn’t worth the risk.

This. Hence why being awkward is a good thing. The wadaad types will be awkward 90% of the time. Another thing to consider is that if you approach the wrong woman and/or you come off as a creep then you can get humiliated like that Nigerian guy or even worse, get arrested and lose your livelihood. Cold approach isn’t worth the risk.
wallahi they rly want us to end up like that miskeen nigerian guy on the other post 😂

Personally never approached Somali or Muslims girls that often. I've got enough self-awareness to know I'm a giant scumbag, 9 times out of 10 my intentions weren't honorable :manny:

Also, I may like to add that majority of Ninkaaxs and marriages occur after the consultation of parents from both genders (male's parents; female's parents). We aren't even allowed to venture out, in most cases, and look for the appropriate spouse. Most of us have inner communities that link us to the females who are parents deem suitable for us.

Plus, due to the gang and drugs epidemic that is occurring in the western diaspora, many Somali parents are in favor for a quiet, reserved life for their boys. They'd much rather have their sons be closeted and introverted, but intelligent and educated, than extroverted and trouble-making.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somali men are not a monolith. Though I know many are the type to secretly pine for you and never come forward. :axvmm9o: Its rather cute. I always hear so and so likes you. Lakiin they don't tell you. Perhaps its better that way.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Somali men are not a monolith. Though I know many are the type to secretly pine for you and never come forward. :axvmm9o: Its rather cute. I always hear so and so likes you. Lakiin they don't tell you. Perhaps its better that way.
It's a pointless endeavor. Somali girls, the one with sharaf anyway, aren't big into "dating" and marriage is off the table, literally a rock and a hard place scenario lol

Last edited:
Never. Alxam. Stay away from me. I was actually thinking of wearing a burka lol if every men approaches you it doesn’t always mean it’s good. Men are hunters and hunters approach easy prey. Alxam for hijab

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
I get approached by older men irl and I hate it. I don't even look old! I look and sound younger than the average 18-year-old. :damn:

Trending

Latest posts