Somali women: How often do you get approached IRL?

Women only: How often do Somali men approach you IRL? (Excluding online)

• Never

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Maybe once or twice a year

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • 3-5 times a year

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Around once a month

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Whenever I go out someone usually approaches me

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Xaruun

VIP
Most Somali Canadian women don’t want marriage until they have had all their fun, got at least their Masters or they reach 30. The majority think they can have fun like the whites and get married at 30. They don’t seem to think that most guys their age are looking for younger while the seem to think they are still marketable.

I know many that still live with Hoyo and studied majors that don’t pay well.
How come I still can’t access your profile even though we’re following each other?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Basir means wise one. Its different to the name Bashir which is a common Somali name. I like to think of you as being truly unique, even as a man.

Abdul Basir.
You mean Baasid? Basir isn't a somali name lol

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Looking at the results, I think us women are more honest. I can only imagine what the results might be if this directed towards somali men. :damsel:
what are you talking about? No man's gonna get approached by woman on the streets unless they're a supermodel or something lol. If a guy tells me girls hit him up regularly irl then 99% chance he's lying.

The question would have to be switched up to suit men.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Or the ones who tell you they wanted you all this time after you tell them you’re engaged to marry. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

:russsmug: The triffling magically appear when you are emotionally unavaliable/tied up.

What’s a short courtship to you? I think you can get to know a man through observing and listening. Most narcs can’t keep up the facade if they know you’re on their tale.

I’m not a fan of the charming, smooth operator who knows what to say at every point. They set off my f-boy radar. Neither am I a fan of a guy with so many friends; he can be easily influenced.

TBH timelines vary depending on the person and their circumstances. Some say 6 months but I think at least 12 months (4 seasons) to get a general sense. Others would say no more than two years. I have noticed its usually the guys who are more eager to wed. Contrary to what they say.

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
what are you talking about? No man's gonna get approached by woman on the streets unless they're a supermodel or something lol. If a guy tells me girls hit him up regularly irl then 99% chance he's lying.

The question would have to be switched up to suit men.
Well, that’s what I’m sayi-
giphy.gif

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somali men, including myself if I must concede, are indeed fairly apprehensive when it comes to the thought of approaching women.

Many Somali boys are taught at a young age to never enter into a relationship with a woman, even if it's a light hearted friendship. They are taught to have 'ceeb' iyo 'Xishood', so engaging in a future relationship with a future spouse may seem like hell to some, especially those who do not have a sister, or any other woman (apart from moms) to have a relationship with. Just imagine not talking to a woman, apart from your mom and siblings, and then trying to look for a spouse. It's like trying drive a vehicle without any prior experience with vehicles at all (Ie. Never seeing a car before).

So cut us some slack. For some of us, the first time we even converse with each other is in high school or Uni.

:drakekidding:
stupid excuse.

If you went through public school and still claim to have 0 experience with women then you only have yourself to blame.

also, @ some of you blaming somali guys for not having game. The blame isn't all on us, a lot of you guys are just butt ugly or unapproachable. If you don't get approached by anyone at all or have no one hitting you up even online, then we're not the problem, you are.

One last thing, guys don't go around trying to pick up any girl they think looks good off the streets. That's not how it works. Unless he's a pick up artist looking for quick hook-ups then he won't just ask for your number randomly. The only exception is if you're a 9/10 or above, otherwise don't expect to get approached very often.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
At least you ladies get approached and everything is direct. We have to deal with women sending us vague hits where you have to pick out at could be class as friendly behaviour

All we get a just hints.

I used to chase anything that looks my way. Now, I don't have that much energy for that anymore. I don't bother with 50/50

stupid excuse.

If you went through public school and still claim to have 0 experience with women then you only have yourself to blame.

also, @ some of you blaming somali guys for not having game. The blame isn't all on us, a lot of you guys are just butt ugly or unapproachable. If you don't get approached by anyone at all or have no one hitting you up even online, then we're not the problem, you are.

One last thing, guys don't go around trying to pick up any girl they think looks good off the streets. That's not how it works. Unless he's a pick up artist looking for quick hook-ups then he won't just ask for your number randomly. The only exception is if you're a 9/10 or above, otherwise don't expect to get approached very often.
Somali adeers make everyone feel special...yall could really learn something :mjcry:

Lmao this is me.

Never maybe because i dress like a tomboy (not anymore) never wear makeup and looklike a awkward teenager

Wait OP, are you referencing somali men or gaal men?

Somali men?
Almost never. Except one guy on the train but I think he was ethiopian.

Gaal men?
Happened consistently until I began to wear a hijab now they just stare. And the only time they have approached me, I was legit wearing a hoodie on so they didn't know I was a hijabi.

However I will say this: gaal men are very different in their approaches. Black men are very blunt and to the point. But non black approach by starting a random conversation and just being really nice to see if you are interested. Then they ask for your ig or something blah blah blah They aren't super talkative and nice to women they don't find attractive smh.

This is all pre covid obviously.

Last edited:

Trending