Somalia and ethiopia living standards

@Daadhi Tarree is 55% Oromo 45% Somali on 23&me and just like you he was encouraged to do big Y testing and get on Yfull to see if his E-V32 is of Somali or Oromo variant. He is now on Yfull under the Oromo Arsi branch of E-V32.

This is the outcome of marrying Oromos. Dadkaan guurkooda ha la iska dhaafo.

This is the outcome of marrying Oromos. Dadkaan guurkooda ha la iska dhaafo.
They started mixing more than 4 centuries ago. Oromo were always in the region even during the Adal period. It’s human nature for bordering tribes to marry each other.

1729613010238.png
My cousin @CulturedKay got 14% Ethiopian/Eritrean on 23&me. This is someone with only 1 parent from galbeed (Baabili) the other from Mogadishu. If both her parents were from galbeed she would have even higher Ethiopian/Eritrean. Vast majority of Gurgura, Karanle, Arsi (Oromo) etc have both ancestries (Somali & Oromo).

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
@Daadhi Tarree is 55% Oromo 45% Somali on 23&me and just like you he was encouraged to do big Y testing and get on Yfull to see if his E-V32 is of Somali or Oromo variant. He is now on Yfull under the Oromo Arsi branch of E-V32.
Most of dhir dhaba gurgura are culturally and linguistically oromo, but genealogically and politically Somali (within Ethiopia they are in the SEDP for betterment of Somali people). I’m closer to the ones in Somali region who only speak Somali in that regard, went to dhir dhaba and couldn’t understand them except when they spoke Somali.

Pastoralist

VIP
They started mixing more than 4 centuries ago. Oromo were always in the region even during the Adal period. It’s human nature for bordering tribes to marry each other.

My cousin @CulturedKay got 14% Ethiopian/Eritrean on 23&me. This is someone with only 1 parent from galbeed (Baabili) the other from Mogadishu. If both her parents were from galbeed she would have even higher Ethiopian/Eritrean. Vast majority of Gurgura, Karanle, Arsi (Oromo) etc have both ancestries (Somali & Oromo).

I am not saying it didn't happen historically with those border clans in 'dhulka halista'. This is an existential threat to Somalia's territorial integrity. They can't defeat a united Somalia through warfare, but they sure can encroach via marriage.

People with Oromo heritage, are compromised at some level, even if they don't know it themselves, especially if they have a living ancestor that is Oromo.

But Somali men will not listen, so do what you want border men, have at it.

Yeah some gurgura subs are just straight up Oromo. They started off by making by making military alliances through marriage with noelle to fight off other Oromo clans. Then having it as their mother tongue hundreds of years later.

That's right, and these people are an adoption agency, if you speak their tongue, they consider you as one of them and claim your land. Even you, with Oromo heritage understand the danger of these people, but we will still have gullible or compromised Somalis who ruin it all.

Pastoralist

VIP
That's right, and these people are an adoption agency, if you speak their tongue, they consider you as one of them and claim your land. Even you, with Oromo heritage understand the danger of these people, but we will still have gullible or compromised Somalis who ruin it all.
Xenophobia is a good thing. If the cost is me getting called Oromo, then that’s a small price to pay for keeping the Somali identity. Can’t let anyone get too close as these people will claim any one that speaks Oromo as a second language in their dumb census to try and bolster their numbers, it’s how Somali cities get claimed by these folks.

Yeah some gurgura subs are just straight up Oromo. They started off by making by making military alliances through marriage with noelle to fight off other Oromo clans. Then having it as their mother tongue hundreds of years later.
Came across this video yesterday. Oromo professors discussing the important role certain Somali tribes played in the region and their historical background in Bale. They specifically mention Gurre, Karanle, Ajuuraan and Ogaden, the waqo Gutte movement etc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xenophobia is a good thing. If the cost is me getting called Oromo, then that’s a small price to pay for keeping the Somali identity. Can’t let anyone get too close as these people will claim any one that speaks Oromo as a second language in their dumb census to try and bolster their numbers, it’s how Somali cities get claimed by these folks.

How are you Oromo? I thought you had some admixture, what is your Somali clan and your DNA result?

I am not saying it didn't happen historically with those border clans in 'dhulka halista'. This is an existential threat to Somalia's territorial integrity. They can't defeat a united Somalia through warfare, but they sure can encroach via marriage.

People with Oromo heritage, are compromised at some level, even if they don't know it themselves, especially if they have a living ancestor that is Oromo.

But Somali men will not listen, so do what you want border men, have at it.
Best solution is for πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄ to control its borders. So long as the country is the way it is we will always be infiltrated unfortunately

Pastoralist

VIP
Came across this video yesterday. Oromo professors discussing the important role certain Somali tribes played in the region and their historical background in Bale. They specifically mention Gurre, Karanle, Ajuuraan and Ogaden, the waqo Gutte movement etc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn, would like to watch but it’s not opening. You guys remained yourselves though as much as you could and that results remain so. Somalis in Ethiopia really made other ethnicities respect us. Karanle used their ties through show of force to graze lush Oromo lands in order to expand. The frontiers against foreigners are always the most interesting,

Pastoralist

VIP
He said β€˜people call him Oromo’. He is Gurgura with 80% Somali ancestry. He has Oromo grandmother hence the 20% admixture which is normal for bordering tribes.
This^
How are you Oromo? I thought you had some admixture, what is your Somali clan and your DNA result?
I’m dir gurgura from my father, my abtirsi is Somali.

I’m just sharing that gurgura in eastern dhir dhaba are very much Oromo. Though mine aren’t, they’re just bilingual.

Trending