Spoke Arabic to this Somali guy

Why are some of them like this?

• Total voters

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
That's a better example but Canadians don't get triggered if you use French words or greetings.
Yeah I’ve never met a somali who gets triggered when someone speaks arabic. Maybe if you say some arabic words once in a while for no reason it gets obnoxious so he’s probably just annoyed.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Boring History Lesson by me for public readers not in the know:
Some Somalis speak some Arabic terms but not in full Arabic sentences in most cases.
There is much Arabic influences in the modern Somali language today due to intermixing many years of different Islamic empires in the region.

However Somali language is not Arabic. To an untrained ear it may sound very similar with certain tones and cadences even words sounding alike.
But the very trained ear knows much better and can clearly make a clear difference when one knows the actual languages.
Somali language is much more indigenous with easy meaning as it to the region closer the original languages of the region spoken than Somali Arabic would be. Arabic can be quite complexed though poetic yet it’s not always so easy to learn if not immersed where Somali can explain the same sentences more casually and calmer as that’s tends to be more fitting of Somali character.

Me I know both and sometimes intermingled the two even making up words from it unknowingly yet I think I think in Somali much clearer than Arabic but I’m not too shabby at some of it either.
I can’t imagine Somalis speaking Arabic full time in the home land, maybe in the UAE or Saudi Arabia/Yemen or Palenstine.
Though if you ask me if there are Somalis familiar with Quran Surahs and Hadiths written in formal Arabic than you’ll be surprised that it is yes as so.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Skjermbilde 2020-05-21 kl. 01.26.49.png

Arabic is most certainly not an official language in Somalia. 99.9% of Somalis don’t speak Arabic,
Learn the difference between a Common language & an Official language.

Arabic is not a common language amongst Somalia's Citizens, but it's an Official language of the State/Country as stated in the Somali Constitution. Whereas, Somali is both a Common and Official language in Somalia.

Apollo

VIP

Arabic is not a common language amongst Somalia's Citizens, but it's an Official language of the State/Country as stated in the Somali Constitution. Whereas, Somali is both a Common and Official language in Somalia.

Basically you can troll in a courtroom or when you are arrested by the police and only reply in Classical Arabic and they are legally forced to assist you. Kkkkk.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
No youre the insecure one when someone speaks Arabic foh
Arabic doesn't make me insecure. I am not jealous. I'm proud to be Somali not an Arab booty-clapper like you. i feel sorry that your parents have to endure this. You have ABS syndrome

A=Arab
B=Bootyclappin
S=Syndrome

Also you using abbreviations are cringy. You are a boomer gtfo dont ever say foh when you twerkin for Arabs.

tapped ute :ohhhdamn:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP

The Somali constitution you speak of is clearly in Somali. The Judicial and legislative aspects is in Somali. I’m sick of these Somali who booty clap to Arabs :nahgirl:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
The Somali constitution you speak of is clearly in Somali. The Judicial and legislative aspects is in Somali. I’m sick of these Somali who booty clap to Arabs :nahgirl:
Why you mad the official language is Arabic too?

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Why you mad the official language is Arabic too?
I’m not mad at all I’m baffled where:
•Our language is Somali
•The State/Country legislation is in Somali
•The Judicial system is in Somali
•Our government speak Somali

But “Arabic” is an official language :mindblown:

Trending