The ideas of "Somali people", "Somali ethnic group", and "Somaliweyn"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all ideas that were built outside of the Somali peninsula and have no basis at all from the culture or history of the very diverse, unrelated, and distinct peoples living in he Somali peninsula. Before the colonizers came, there was no such recognized distinction of "Somali people". Rather, everyone identified their own respective tribes as their ethnic group/people and Somali as their culture. Anyone who practiced Somali culture, regardless of their origins or phenotype, was accepted as a Somali because it wasn't something that meant anything important to the people or something that should be exclusive. Even today, if you were to ask your parents if a bantu or a barawani is as Somali as you, they would emphatically reply with yes. The exclusion has always started with the tribe, which indicates this is where the "ethnic group" should also start as well.

Also, before the colonizers came, there has never been a single empire or government that stretched and unified the entire Somali peninsula as "one people". The entire "Somaliweyn" is a foreign construct that is not something that Geeljirres have ever acknowledged in their oral traditions. What are your thoughts on this matter? If you disagree, please bring the mountain of evidence to support you as there are no shortages of extraordinary claims that underlie these dangerous and foreign ideologies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
The semetic Darod live in Kenya and Ethiopia so you should support the concept of Somaliweyn lol

The semetic Darod live in Kenya and Ethiopia so you should support the concept of Somaliweyn lol

It is better if they, along with the Darod states in the Somali peninsula, function like independent states. Active trade relations should be established so that we can benefit from modern economic ideas, as well as support each other against foreign hostile tribes in the Somali peninsula. But a unified Darod state? No. That government would be far too bloated and rife with corruption and bureaucratic red tape. Somali culture has always been about very small and local government, and is incompatible with empires and the types of large and bloated governments you see in the western world.

Here comes the confused kis, Geeljire. You can accuse me of being a 0.5 all you like, but I dare you to refute just one of the points I made in the OP. You claim to be about traditionalism and eschewing everything foreign, but somehow can't seem to see the fact that the concepts of "Somaliweyn" or the "Somali ethnic group" are themselves foreign concepts that were born rather recently outside of the Somali peninsula.

Are all ideas that were built outside of the Somali peninsula and have no basis at all from the culture or history of the very diverse, unrelated, and distinct peoples living in he Somali peninsula. Before the colonizers came, there was no such recognized distinction of "Somali people". Rather, everyone identified their own respective tribes as their ethnic group/people and Somali as their culture. Anyone who practiced Somali culture, regardless of their origins or phenotype, was accepted as a Somali because it wasn't something that meant anything important to the people or something that should be exclusive. Even today, if you were to ask your parents if a bantu or a barawani is as Somali as you, they would emphatically reply with yes. The exclusion has always started with the tribe, which indicates this is where the "ethnic group" should also start as well.

Also, before the colonizers came, there has never been a single empire or government that stretched and unified the entire Somali peninsula as "one people". The entire "Somaliweyn" is a foreign construct that is not something that Geeljirres have ever acknowledged in their oral traditions. What are your thoughts on this matter? If you disagree, please bring the mountain of evidence to support you as there are no shortages of extraordinary claims that underlie these dangerous and foreign ideologies.

Just to highlight how many times he says ''Somali'' . He aknowledges it and then he denies it and then he aknowledges it and then he denies it again. Rense and repeat a vicious darood supremacist confusious cycle.:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

:dead1:
Here comes the confused kis, Geeljire. You can accuse me of being a 0.5 all you like, but I dare you to refute just one of the points I made in the OP. You claim to be about traditionalism and eschewing everything foreign, but somehow can't seem to see the fact that the concepts of "Somaliweyn" or the "Somali ethnic group" are themselves foreign concepts that were born rather recently outside of the Somali peninsula.

if they're somali why are they considered half a somali :drakelaugh:

whoever made up the 4.5 system is a genius:drakegrin:.

My parents were the ones who told me Madows and cad cads were not somali, :damnmusic:

Then your parents are not typical. The typical Somali parents will respond exactly in the fashion that I did. Most have no idea that there exists this "Somali ethnic group" and that they are apart of it.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
He's marqaan again
a89PPG3.png
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Apollo

VIP
@Ugas & @RoobleAlWaliid

I am 99% certain the user ''Darod_Supremacy'' is the Midgaan troll SteadyState. He admitted to being Midgaan on somnet and is vehemently against the concept of the Somali ethnic group and has a similar writing style as DS. For whatever reason he has a fetish with linking the Darod to Arabs to deny their Somaliness since as a Midgaan he has been rejected from being considered as Somali in real life. This trauma has led to the online trolling personalities of Steady_State/Darod_Supremacy.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
He's a troll let's not link him to Darood, Madhibaan or any other clan, he also claimed Hawiye. He's a troll, a dirty stinky troll. Perhaps he is a Habesha or a Madow. Who knows.

To the objective observers: Notice all the ad-hominem attacks. Notice how I'm accused of being a sheegato, a minority, a midgaan, and a personality from a different website. Not one piece of levidence has been posted demonstrating that the ideas of the "Somali ethnic group" and "Somaliweyn" are deeply rooted in Somali culture. It's clearly easier to invoke ad-hominem than trying to prove something that is false.

Last edited:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I know for sure this dameer is not Marehan, one of the few Somalis i met that would gladly put down clan for the greater Somali good. Maybe was right, he is a Bantu.

To the objective observers: Notice all the ad-hominem attacks. Notice how I'm accused of being a sheegato, a minority, a midgaan, and a personality from a different website. Not one piece of levidence has been posted demonstrating that the ideas of the "Somali ethnic group" and "Somaliweyn" are deeply rooted in Somali culture. It's clearly easier to invoke ad-hominem than trying to prove something that is false.

ok lets follow your trail of logic if there is no such thing as a ''somali ethnic group'', then how there such a thing as a ''somali culture''? :jgjrrmx:

Saaxiib go look up the definition of ''Ethnic''.:ulachen001::ulachen001:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
tbh i think hes halyeeyqaran, and i think hes cad cad. i noticed nigga gets mad asf when barwani are talked bad about
Never in my life have I seen a Dhulbahante call a Warsangeli "Wasakhgeli" and then there is this weirdo that claims Marehan but hates Somaliweyn. Don't take these monkeys serious. They are definitely linked to Steadystate, he claimed Hawiye and failed hard too and then jumped on Madhibaan dick. The final person linked to this all hasn't been active on somnet ever since that bum Steadystate popped up lmfao.

ok lets follow your trail of logic if there is no such thing as a ''somali ethnic group'', then how there such a thing as a ''somali culture''? :jgjrrmx:

Saaxiib go look up the definition of ''Ethnic''.:ulachen001::ulachen001:
Is there such a thing as an "American ethnic group" or a "Brazilian ethnic group"? Despite that, there are such things as American and Brazilian culture. Somali culture is very similar in this regard in connecting different and distinct peoples of different ethnic origins.

People an ethnic group have a shared ancestry and common heritage. That is certainly not true for any of the unrelated tribes in the Somali peninsula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts