The ideas of "Somali people", "Somali ethnic group", and "Somaliweyn"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atiya

is it that rampent in the UK? i read a couple of articles about it but thought they were exaggerating.
It's so rampant here that Somali people boast about having half Somali kids even if it's with a gaal ajanabi person. It's crazy the amount of half Somalis I know. I met from half Somali half Jamaican to half Somali half Nigerian to half Somali half Filipino to half Somali half English, Turkish,Algerian, French, Pakistani, Siri Lankan you name it. :kanyeshrug:

In most states outside of the extreme liberal ones (havens for recent immigrants), most Americans do share the same culture, language, tradition, and culture. In Brazil, all Brazilian for sure share the same culture, religion, tradition, and language

Nope they are cultural pluralistic societies.

Free dictionary? Forget that, why don't we consult the prestigious Oxford dictionary?

Oxford Dictionary, ethnic group: A community or population made up of people who share a common cultural background and descent.

Why did you modify and change what was originally in the dictionary for the definiton?

A community or population made up of people who share a common cultural background or descent:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/ethnic-group?q=ethnic group

people who share common cultural background.

lollollol

Oxford dictionary.: definirion of Ethnic.
1) Relating to a population subgroup (within a larger or dominant national or cultural group) with a common national or cultural tradition:

It's so rampant here that Somali people boast about having half Somali kids even if it's with a gaal ajanabi person. It's crazy the amount of half Somalis I know. I met from half Somali half Jamaican to half Somali half Nigerian to half Somali half Filipino to half Somali half English, Turkish,Algerian, French, Pakistani, Siri Lankan you name it. :kanyeshrug:

Based on your personal observations, what would you say are the qabil of their parents (mainly their mother, I'm assuming)? I have a theory that these much higher than normal out-marriage rates is particularly prevalent among one tribe only and that other tribes marry out much less than is normal for other immigrant groups.

A

Atiya

I pity your father tbh, tell me where did things go wrong so I can avoid having a daughter like you throwing herself at arabs for seconds while hating her ethnic background

:damedamn::damn:
I hate sand niggas as much as I hate useless Somalis. And l'd worry more about your daughter throwing herself at Arab men for light skin kids like 100% insecure Somali girls do instead of worrying about me. :heh:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
UK niggas gettin bullied on da daily mo wonder they hate bein somali

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I hate sand niggas as much as I hate useless Somalis. And l'd worry more about your daughter throwing herself at Arab men for light skin kids like 100% insecure Somali girls do instead of worrying about me. :heh:

But that's what you did

:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

A

Atiya

Based on your personal observations, what would you say are the qabil of their parents (mainly their mother, I'm assuming)? I have a theory that these much higher than normal out-marriage rates is particularly prevalent among one tribe only and that other tribes marry out much less than is normal for other immigrant groups.
If I'm 100% honest they are 70% Darod, 10% isaq, 10% Abgaal and 10% other tribes.

*waits for hate comments from mad members*

Question tho, is it Salafism or is it just pure Self hate?

What about other ethnic groups do they marry out rampantly? obviously since they mary somalis

A

Atiya

Question tho, is it Salafism or is it just pure Self hate?

What about other ethnic groups do they marry out rampantly? obviously since they mary somalis
It's not salafism even the non religious ones do it. Other groups don't really marry out except for Moroccans, next to Somalis Moroccans marry out a lot. Also habashis tend to marry out a lot. Same with other blacks. But other Arabs and Asians and Turks etc never really marry out.

Nope they are cultural pluralistic societies.

"Cultural pluralistic" is nothing more than an empty platitude. There are slight regional variations in American culture, for example, but there is a recognizable amalgamation of values, morals, and a distinct way of life that can be recognized as "American culture" when transplanted some place else. In the same way, there are definitely variations in Somali culture from how it practiced in Jigjiga, Bosaso, Hargeisa, and Mogadishu. You might as well be calling Somalia a "culturally pluralistic" society.

Oxford dictionary.: definirion of Ethnic.
1) Relating to a population subgroup (within a larger or dominant national or cultural group) with a common national or cultural tradition:

Typo. The definition is certainly not accurate, otherwise you can construct such fallacious things as a "Nigerian ethnic group", "Indian ethnic group", or a "Chinese ethnic group" all by using the former incredibly loose definition of "common cultural tradition". My friend, wouldn't you at least agree the concept of a "Nigerian ethnic group" is ludicrous and would have you laughed at in academic circles for using such a term even though it is exactly consistent with that definition? Then what is so special about the "Somali ethnic group"? Common descent is what defines every other recognized ethnic group in the world, except the "Somali people" because I suppose they are just too special for some reason.

"Cultural pluralistic" is nothing more than an empty platitude. There are slight regional variations in American culture, for example, but there is a recognizable amalgamation of values, morals, and a distinct way of life that can be recognized as "American culture" when transplanted some place else. In the same way, there are definitely variations in Somali culture from how it practiced in Jigjiga, Bosaso, Hargeisa, and Mogadishu. You might as well be calling Somalia a "culturally pluralistic" society.

Typo. The definition is certainly not accurate, otherwise you can construct such fallacious things as a "Nigerian ethnic group", "Indian ethnic group", or a "Chinese ethnic group" all by using the former incredibly loose definition of "common cultural tradition". My friend, wouldn't you at least agree the concept of a "Nigerian ethnic group" is ludicrous and would have you laughed at in academic circles for using such a term even though it is exactly consistent with that definition? Then what is so special about the "Somali ethnic group"? Common descent is what defines every other recognized ethnic group in the world, except the "Somali people" because I suppose they are just too special for some reason.

Nigerians are culturally diverse and speak different languages, different religions.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Last time I checked I'm not married with a kid nor have a child out of wedlock. -__-

But you throwin yourself at sand for dat light skin and seconds tho so whatchu really sayin

Inb4 I'm already liteskindded

:chrisfreshhah:

On a serious note, answer my question. Where did it all go wrong for Pops? Got any tips for a young useless Somali as you put it?

OrrWIwj.png

lol lol

Nigerians are culturally diverse and speak different languages, different religions.

Many distinct ethnic groups practically share the same culture and religion. Their "languages" are pretty much the same language except with dialect differences. The Hausa and Yoruba are perhaps the best example. Yet, they are still recognized as distinct ethnic groups.

Nope varations of the same traditions isnt cultural pluralistic. Somali culture is very much the same.

Cultural pluralism is a term used when smaller groups within a larger society maintain their unique cultural identities, and their values and practices are accepted by the wider culture provided they are consistent with the laws and values of the wider society.

Somali culture is very much the same tradtions values religion langues etc.. hence its categorized under one single cultural profile. https://ethnomed.org/culture/somali/somali-cultural-profile

Typo. The definition is certainly not accurate,

Nope! The defintion is very clear an accurate hence why you wanted to change it. People with the same cultural background

otherwise you can construct such fallacious things as a "Nigerian ethnic group", "Indian ethnic group", or a "Chinese ethnic group" all by using the former incredibly loose definition of "common cultural tradition". My friend, wouldn't you at least agree the concept of a "Nigerian ethnic group" is ludicrous and would have you laughed at in academic circles for using such a term even though it is exactly consistent with that definition? Then what is so special about the "Somali ethnic group"? Common descent is what defines every other recognized ethnic group in the world, except the "Somali people" because I suppose they are just too special for some reason.

More bad Examples i see. Nigeria is a nationality constitutes of Several groups who dont share name,language culture tradtions religion values. Chinese is very much refered to the han Ethnic chinese who speak same language culture and follow the same confucious belief system.

Darood,Hawiye,Isaaq,Dir and Raxanweyn have the same culture,religion,language values and tradition, hence ethnic Somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts