Things are getting spicy in Amhara region

wow, the bodies that appears to be wounded people, were still moving while these savages were laughing and trying to feed the fire with flammable objects. The poor wounded guy was helpless while being on top of that fire trying to crawl and flip away from the center, but again the savages put him back and put burning grass on top of him, everyone was helping in putting grass and other object on that still-alive poor man.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Somali region Somalis should become Ethiopian-nationalists, imitating Kenyan Somalis in seeking self-determination within the state apparatus. There's no reason to not partake in the national theater whether it is economic, political or military.
Cajar and Ahmed shide wa Gob. With the integration of the liyuu police into the federal forces we will see Ogaden (and cisse) become the leaders of the armed forces by the end of the decade.

Somali region Somalis should become Ethiopian-nationalists, imitating Kenyan Somalis in seeking self-determination within the state apparatus. There's no reason to not partake in the national theater whether it is economic, political or military.
Cajar and Ahmed shide wa Gob. With the integration of the liyuu police into the federal forces we will see Ogaden (and cisse) become the leaders of the armed forces by the end of the decade.

You have a big misconception; Ethiopia will never turn into a Kenya. You just have to come terms with that reality. Which why we've never chosen that route, and never fall flat to Ethiopia. EVER. As they will only move on to their next target, since we are just pawns in a chess game.

History have shown what fabric this imperialistic country was built upon, and the one our ancestors rejected and fought against. And they still hold those same aspirations today. As @DR OSMAN said, a country built upon violence and xoog will not last. Ethiopia is no exception.

Last edited:

reer

VIP
As @DR OSMAN said, a country built upon violence and xoog will not last.
history says otherwise. countries have been built upon xoog violence and bloodshed. the difference is that the xoog violence bloodshed was from their own strengths not through colonialism and continuous imperialism + a defated populace.

history says otherwise. countries have been built upon xoog violence and bloodshed. the difference is that the xoog violence bloodshed was from their own strengths not through colonialism and continuous imperialism + a defated populace.

Correct. It has happened but they are not sustainable in the long run. Irrespective of whether it's through their own or through colonialism/imperialism. All of them tend to be fragile and lies upon authoritarianism or something of its kind, to keep it running. Otherwise, they'll reach an expiry date sooner. The only way it succeeds, is if the people accept status-quo and decide to work within it. If not, the resistance of the people will keep it from reaching a desired ending.

Ethiopia will never turn into a Kenya. You just have to come terms with that reality. Which why we've never chosen that route, and never fall flat to Ethiopia.
Several ethnic groups with regular skirmishes on the borders and state institutions held together by bribery. The only difference is Ethiopia is less developed than Kenya.

Which why we've never chosen that route
Pride. The only difference between a Kenyan and an Ethiopian is we share a long history of conflict with our neighbors to the west. Previous leaders (rebel or regional government) were unable to put aside their emotions or greed and work within the state. That has changed with cagjar and shide.

Look at the Wagalla massacre and how the vast majority of Kenyan Somalis have moved on. People do not care about the past only about what is in front of them.

what fabric this Imperialistic country was built upon, and the one our ancestors rejected and fought against. And they still hold those same aspirations today.
You speak as though it was one sided. Maturing is not wanting Ethiopia to disintegrate and having Makonen, Twedoros and Nyala seeking refuge in Hargeisa, Bosaso and Moqadishu.

Last edited:

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Several ethnic groups with regular skirmishes on the borders and state institutions held together by bribery. The only difference is Ethiopia is less developed than Kenya.

Pride. The only difference between a Kenyan and an Ethiopian is we share a long history of conflict with our neighbors to the west. Previous leaders (rebel or regional government) were unable to put aside their emotions or greed and work within the state. That has changed with cagjar and shide.

Look at the Wagalla massacre and how the vast majority of Kenyan Somalis have moved on. People do not care about the past only about what is in front of them.

You speak as though it was one sided. Maturing is not wanting Ethiopia to disintegrate and having Makonen, Twedoros and Nyala seeking refuge in Hargeisa, Bosaso and Moqadishu.
As an interior Somalian i welcome their women

reer

VIP
Correct. It has happened but they are not sustainable in the long run. Irrespective of whether it's through their own or through colonialism/imperialism. All of them tend to be fragile and lies upon authoritarianism or something of its kind, to keep it running. Otherwise, they'll reach an expiry date sooner. The only way it succeeds, is if the people accept status-quo and decide to work within it. If not, the resistance of the people will keep it from reaching a desired ending.
but sxb states decline and fall its a human thing. can you show me a muslim country continuously under the same authority for 300 years in recent history? dont doubt it states will fall. but also states are usually built through brute force.

Several ethnic groups with regular skirmishes on the borders and state institutions held together by bribery. The only difference is Ethiopia is a less developed Kenya.

Sorry, but you seem to have a very simplistic viewpoints of Ethiopia. Regarding the comparison with Kenya, I didn't refer to the ethnic dynamics between the countries, but the history of them.

Kenya is a colonial project created by outsiders, and was only left to the natives along with their independence a couple of decades ago. While Ethiopia/Abyssinia is an imperialist project created by the natives of the country, and running themselves for centuries.

The dynamic is therefore much different between Somalis and Kikuyuu for instance, who were forged together by the brits vs. Amharas/Ethiopianist who've occupied and 'oppressed' us in all regards ever since its establishment. Not to mention how we've been enemies for hundreds upon hundreds of years. They don't hold a favorable attitude towards us today. Having understanding of the Addis establishment will show you this.

Regarding the Wallaga massacre and how people don't care about the past and future; again different history in Kenya and Ethiopia. I dare you to tell that to local Somalis in Ethiopia and see how they react. I don't know where you come from, but that's spitting in our face. Those injustice are still happening as we speak. Also, Cagjar and Shide don't represent us, and they lack legitimacy among the locals.

Last edited:
but sxb states decline and fall its a human thing. can you show me a muslim country continuously under the same authority for 300 years in recent history? dont doubt it states will fall. but also states are usually built through brute force.

I didn't disagree with you. My point was that countries established through force will only last for so long. Yeah, other countries come and go as well. But the countries I was referring to will have a downfall, *caused* by the very same variables that was disregarded when it was created.

Ultimately, countries built upon xoog exist today and will continue to do so. China, Israel, Turkey etc. But in the case of Ethiopia, even if looks unlikely to be separate. It will disintegrate further in the future. Only time will tell, when Ethiopian politicians and IC will let nature do its course, and make it end peacefully. :kanyeshrug:

Also, Cagjar and Shide don't represent us, and they lack legitimacy among the locals.
Hold on now, pal. Ahmed Shide represents me and my ilk. You can't say he lacks legitimacy among the locals when he got almost 250k votes in his Deegaans by his people's (Cali Madaxweyne/Dir)

Hold on now, pal. Ahmed Shide represents me and my ilk. You can't say he lacks legitimacy among the locals when he got almost 250k votes in his Deegaans by his people's (Cali Madaxweyne/Dir)

Nah, I may have worded it wrong. But I meant as a wider representation of Somalis in Ethiopia (and not from a clan point of view) in the context that those politicians will bring any meaningful change to Somalis in Ethiopia. Instead, they tend to work within the establishment to continue push for the agenda of whoever sits at 'Arat kilo'.

This is a viewpoint many of the locals share (again generalizing), irrespective of clan. Despite politicians being voted in by the people or those placed there without our consent; a lot of the them don't have confidence that anything substantial may be brought forward to improve the lives of locals as you normally would. Whatever legitimacy that existed will in turn be eroded over time. Which is the reason as to why the voter turnout is low (together with 'voting irregularities', preventing candidates with wide support to reach power).

When Cagjar got power, a large share of Somalis there were hopeful. But today, he've been reduced to yet another installed politician, that's disconnected from the locals.

Last edited:
Kenya is a colonial project created by outsiders, and was only left to the natives along with their independence a couple of decades ago. While Ethiopia/Abyssinia is an imperialist project created by the natives of the country, and running themselves for centuries.
The emperor was killed by Marxists. There were a lot of policies implemented by the derg that were maintained by the previous government. When Abiy Ahmed took office he went and dismantled most if not all and is in the process of replacing them. Do not let the Amharic supremacists on twitter fool you, Ethiopia is no longer an imperialist nation, look at the last couple years:
- the tigray were deemed untouchable political heavy weights for decades, now?
- the amharas were seen 2nd only to tigray in political/historical clout and now their political and media classes have been muzzled and their militias in the process of being defanged.
- the oromo a people who were subjugated by both groups whilst out numbering them have been empowered.
You argue that Somalis will never get their haqq like in Kenya, I argue that they will get more and have a good chance at ruling. This new Ethiopia is for all.

Regarding the Wallaga massacre and how people don't care about the past and future; again different history in Kenya and Ethiopia. I dare you to tell that to local Somalis in Ethiopia and see how they react.
There is no difference. Some care (especially those affiliated with onlf) but most are indifferent. You know what the most common complaint is? The difficulty in transferring money across and more broadly the illiberal economy. Abiy is fixing this, inshallah he will succeed.
Also, Cagjar and Shide don't represent us, and they lack legitimacy among the locals.
?

Last edited:
The emperor was killed by Marxists. There were a lot of policies implemented by the derg that were maintained by the previous government. When Abiy Ahmed took office he went and dismantled most if not all and is in the process of replacing them. Do not let the Amharic supremacists on twitter fool you, Ethiopia is no longer an imperialist nation, look at the last couple years:
- the tigray were deemed untouchable political heavy weights for decades, now?
- the amharas were seen 2nd only to tigray in political/historical clout and now their political and media classes have been muzzled and their militias in the process of being defanged.
- the oromo a people who were subjugated by both groups whilst out numbering them have been empowered.
You argue that Somalis will never get their haqq like in Kenya, I argue that they will get more than that and have a good chance at ruling. This new Ethiopia is for all.

There is no difference. Some care (especially those affiliated with onlf) but most are indifferent. You know what the most common complaint is? The difficulty in transferring money across and more broadly the illiberal economy. Abiy is fixing this, inshallah he will succeed.

Look at my previous post, where I explained more.

My predictions: Abiy will only roll back our rights, one-by-one. You can be optimistic and a supporter of him; only time will tell. But his 6 years in power is more than enough for me to get an accurate vision of what's to come. And it doesn't look bright. I personally will never support someone with so much blood on their hands either.

I think we're going to have to agree-to-disagree on this issue, as we have completely different political viewpoints. Ultimately, we will remain part of the country for the foreseeable future (against most of our wishes). However, this won't mean that we will abstain from demanding our rights, until we hopefully at some point in the future get to decide our fate on our own.

Last edited:
Legally speaking the Liyuus are unconditional
is it even mentioned in the constitution?

I'm not sure about Liyuu specifically, but the constitution says that the peace and security of the country will be shared between the federal and the regional governments.

In article 51 (fed gov't): "It shall establish and administer national defence and public security forces as well as a federal police force"

In article 52 (reg'l state): "To establish and administer a state police force, and to maintain public order and peace within the State"

It appears that Liyuu police de-facto falls into what the constitution allows for the regional state's to exercise their rights.