Ultimate Proof for Somalis being Arab

I have a fear, that all Muslim ethnic groups, sadly, have this weird 'quraysh' mythology.
It’s probably tied into the fact that traditionally, most Madhabs especially Shafis believed in Arab superiority. They believe that the Arab populations are superior to non Arabic speakers. Thats probably why sentiments like that existed amongst earlier non Arab Muslims. Much easier to claim Arab origins tbh. As modern Muslims, that’s not a view point we’re exposed to or care to listen to anymore. Interestingly enough, before the modern period not believing in Arab superiority was seen as deviant behavior amongst the many Scholars of the Ahlu Sunnah. I think this might be an explanation as to why people will create imaginary associations with not only Arabs but Quraish itself, the most superior tribe amongst the Arabs.

Last edited:

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
If we lost if due to colonization, we’d be speaking a European language. Namely English or Italian. But instead we speak a native local language that has existed for at least 2000 yrs.

I don’t know if you’re trolling or very low IQ. It isn’t funny anymore. This level of stupidity is simply concerning.

Isn’t this the user that said he wants to marry an underage?

If we lost our Arabic language due to colonization, we’d be speaking a European language instead as a replacement.
Namely English or Italian. But instead we speak a native local language that has existed for at least 2000 yrs invented by Somalis.

I don’t know if you’re trolling or very low IQ. It isn’t funny anymore. This level of stupidity is simply concerning.
@Wonyluvr

Somali is originally arabic but because of living with non arabs and later the colonization it got bastardized. It is like the maghrebi dialects that have been affected by the french and the non arab natives.

wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP
Somali is originally arabic but because of living with non arabs and later the colonization it got bastardized. It is like the maghrebi dialects that have been affected by the french and the non arab natives.
This is straight up false please stfu

What non Arabs have Somalis lived amongst? Somali is not like the languages of our Banu neighbor and it ain’t like Habesha languages that are indeed closer to Arabic since it’s a Semitic language. As for the Oromo and Afar, we share similar origins with them.

Maghrebis were ALL non Arabs before the Arab invasion of North Africa. They were all Berber. Darija is a mix between Berber, the language of North Africa, Arabic and French. The latter languages are languages of the invaders.

This is straight up false please stfu
I gave you a logical reasoning and this is your answer?
What non Arabs have Somalis lived amongst? Somali is not like the languages of our Banu neighbor and it ain’t like Habesha languages that are indeed closer to Arabic since it’s a Semitic language. As for the Oromo and Afar, we share similar origins with them.

Maghrebis were ALL non Arabs before the Arab invasion of North Africa. They were all Berber. Darija is a mix between Berber, the language of North Africa, Arabic and French. The latter languages are languages of the invaders.
We live next to oromo and habesh and the swahili speakers in south,sometimes you sound so stupid:kanyehmm:

My great great great grandfather Haji Ali Majeerteen AUN’s descendants.

That's right, they are Majeerteen and other Harti, Somalis. They have simply been Arabised. And we in turn, have Somalised their children; the Carab Saalax. Trade relations and intermarriage, that's all.

I don't care if the Harti in Oman, call themselves Arab, at least they carry the blood maternally, culture and language. Same way that Southern Semitic roots having Carab Saalax call themselves Somali, carry Somali blood, culture and language.

But that doesn't apply to the rest of us, even if you carry some Carab Salax DNA, or whatever. We're still pure Somali.

As for the link between Southern Semites and 'Daarood', that isn't even true for clans that don't live on the coast of North-East Somalia aka Puntland. There is no genetic link, no cultural link, no trade link, no linguistic link. I know Bosaso, for instance, has been culturally affected by these Arabs. But even they still don't speak Arabic, outside of religious circles.

I am trying my best to understand your 'confusion', but it really is based on nonsense.

I gave you a logical reasoning and this is your answer?

We live next to oromo and habesh and the swahili speakers in south,sometimes you sound so stupid:kanyehmm:
Habesha is closer to Arabic than Somali. It’s a Semitic language.

Oromos are related to us and share similar origins.

Swahili is a Bantu Language with Arabic vocabulary. Our language has nothing to do with Bantu language groups and shares 0 similarities. So how could we have been influenced?

Habesha is closer to Arabic than Somali. It’s a Semitic language.

Oromos are related to us and share similar origins.

Swahili is a Bantu Language with Arabic vocabulary. Our language has nothing to do with Bantu language groups and shares 0 similarities. So how could we have been influenced?
I will come back after I do my research.

It’s probably tied into the fact that traditionally, most Madhabs especially Shafis believed in Arab superiority. They believe that the Arab populations are superior to non Arabic speakers. Thats probably why sentiments like that existed amongst earlier non Arab Muslims. Much easier to claim Arab origins tbh. As modern Muslims, that’s not a view point we’re exposed to or care to listen to anymore. Interestingly enough, before the modern period not believing in Arab superiority was seen as deviant behavior amongst the many Scholars of the Ahlu Sunnah. I think this might be an explanation as to why people will create imaginary associations with not only Arabs but Quraish itself, the most superior tribe amongst the Arabs.

We must embrace the least Arab superiority pushing madhab as an ethnic group. Somalia needs a strong cultural preservation movement to counter this.

As for the link between Southern Semites and 'Daarood', that isn't even true for clans that don't live on the coast of North-East Somalia aka Puntland. There is no genetic link, no cultural link, no trade link, no linguistic link. I know Bosaso, for instance, has been culturally affected by these Arabs. But even they still don't speak Arabic, outside of religious circles.

I am trying my best to understand your 'confusion', but it really is based on nonsense.
Claiming land of punt is more far fetched than us being arabs. If you wanna be the descandant of Fircoon that is you but I'm from Quraysh.