What has your experience with drugs been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

syntax

You suffered parental abuse and you're blaming Islam for it. I would say this is a case of misdirected anger.
I never blamed Islam man, the 13 year old me probably did but I never said I did..not sure where you got that from. Islam was just one of the other reasons my dad found a reason to beat us. I just don't agree with how some parents teach Islam.

That was your own personal decision into selling drugs. Also I don't get what your saying? Are you trying to imply that most smokers are also drug dealers? That's so far from the truth. Maybe in your own anecdotal experience. A likely explanation could be that the drug dealers are the ones that are clear and visible smokers, and the rest of us (the majority) like to keep our smoking habits discreet.

thats exactly what i am trying to imply. one needs a stable cashflow in order to support ones habbits. i realized this as a kid and got with the program.

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
I never blamed Islam man, the 13 year old me probably did but I never said I did..not sure where you got that from. Islam was just one of the other reasons my dad found a reason to beat us. I just don't agree with how some parents teach Islam.

I guess people twist your words in here to glitter their response >,,<

S

syntax

You said for a while you hated Islam, your attitude even now is coming across as contentious.

Yeah as a confused kid, I did. I only hated Islam because I wasn't allowed to formulate my own opinions and come to my own conclusions. It had nothing to do with the beatings. I used to get beat for everything lol

I even said in a previous comment I know the beauty of Islam. I have nothing against Islam.

You said for a while you hated Islam, your attitude even now is coming across as contentious.

And he also said he sees the beauty in it too. There are times when you just fall back bro, I think this is it.

Yo @syntax how's living alone man? What are the biggest difficulties? Hopefully you prove you parents wrong sxb good luck with everything.

S

syntax

thats exactly what i am trying to imply. one needs a stable cashflow in order to support ones habbits. i realized this as a kid and got with the program.

Not really. Some of us have jobs. It's not that expensive if you have a professional career or a decent paying job. Only downside, like you mentioned, is company drug testing.

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<

I kinda agree you. One thing that annoys me so much is when they say don't ask question (just from what I witnessed and Im not speaking for every parent)

Ist because:
1) they don't have time to answer
2) they don't know the answer but feel ashamed to admit it

I had my doubts when I was in my teens but I was too scared to mention it to anyone. Alhamdulilah Allah has saved me, but it wasn't a pleasant time and surely someone who had more years on me would've helped.

S

syntax

And he also said he sees the beauty in it too. There are times when you just fall back bro, I think this is it.

Yo @syntax how's living alone man? What are the biggest difficulties? Hopefully you prove you parents wrong sxb good luck with everything.

Yo alhamdulilah nothing too difficult. I already lived away from home before for a couple years when I was in a different university for my first 2 years, so I've already faced every single challenge and adversity there is to living alone. I'd say cooking is the biggest challenge. Good thing I like to cook though :) It's not the actual cooking that's difficult, it's finding the time to. There will be some days I'll be making rice with one hand and doing a assignment from school on the other. Alx I have enough money saved up, so I got no financial worries for now. I'm trying to think of a plan to fix my situation with my parents bro. It's hard because I've lied to them so many times, I don't blame the for not trusting me.

Not really. Some of us have jobs. It's not that expensive if you have a professional career or a decent paying job. Only downside, like you mentioned, is company drug testing.

just not sure how you're going to maintain being a decent engineer while being a pot-head. you'll eventually realize khamri is the way forward :mjohreally:

S

syntax

I kinda agree you. One thing that annoys me so much is when they say don't ask question (just from what I witnessed and Im not speaking for every parent)

Ist because:
1) they don't have time to answer
2) they don't know the answer but feel ashamed to admit it

I had my doubts when I was in my teens but I was too scared to mention it to anyone. Alhamdulilah Allah has saved me, but it wasn't a pleasant time and surely someone who had more years on me would've helped.

Yes! This is a big issue with Islam, and every other religion out there. Many of us have been indoctrinated into the fold of Islam since we were born. Because of this you have so many people blindly following the religion. Having doubts and then having a Imaam answer your questions to re-affirm your faith is great because it strengthens your faith and you really do believe in what you follow. We all need to find our own path in finding true imaan by asking and questioning things, instead of blindly following. Things need to make sense to us for us to fully believe in it.

I'm going to stay sober mate :hehehehe:

I plan on being a better muslim, I've already had my time to f*ck around.

poooooffff :chrisfreshhah:

i splurged when i earned my first 10k as an electrical engineer 3 months in to the first year on the job. we'll see if you are a good muslim once your account gets obese
:drakekidding:

S

syntax

poooooffff :chrisfreshhah:

i splurged when i earned my first 10k as an electrical engineer 3 months in to the first year on the job. we'll see if you are a good muslim once your account gets obese
:drakekidding:

Splurged on alcohol? I mentioned before I hate drinking. Plus i feel like when you have access to a lot of drugs, it kinda ruins the fun. Like the past summer I'd smoke everyday of FIRE, then eventually got bored. It ruined the excitement of looking forward to saving up to go grab kush.

For a student I'm balling too right now. I work full-time and have so much extra cash left over, yet I never feel the need to spend. I'm cheap like that, I always try to save for future projects/trips. My only weakness are basketball tickets and electronics smh

Splurged on alcohol? I mentioned before I hate drinking. Plus i feel like when you have access to a lot of drugs, it kinda ruins the fun. Like the past summer I'd smoke everyday of FIRE, then eventually got bored. It ruined the excitement of looking forward to saving up to go grab kush.

For a student I'm balling too right now. I work full-time and have so much extra cash left over, yet I never feel the need to spend. I'm cheap like that, I always try to save for future projects/trips. My only weakness are basketball tickets and electronics smh
what are you studying? mechanical engineering or electronic & electrical engineering?

Yo alhamdulilah nothing too difficult. I already lived away from home before for a couple years when I was in a different university for my first 2 years, so I've already faced every single challenge and adversity there is to living alone. I'd say cooking is the biggest challenge. Good thing I like to cook though :) It's not the actual cooking that's difficult, it's finding the time to. There will be some days I'll be making rice with one hand and doing a assignment from school on the other. Alx I have enough money saved up, so I got no financial worries for now. I'm trying to think of a plan to fix my situation with my parents bro. It's hard because I've lied to them so many times, I don't blame the for not trusting me.

Don't neglect them but take care of your shit first bro. Once you take care of that they'll see you're not some ciyaala suuq bum and that you're doing big things with yourself. And you're already doing that it seems. Your grind is something to look up to man. Good luck with everything bro, inshallah your parents will come around.

Walahi we woulda been homies if we knew each other back in the day lol

I've only done weed a couple of times. The first time I tried it I was blanking out, like one second I'm crossing
the road and the next I'm face to face with the shop keeper, it was scary AF

Status
Not open for further replies.