Why are Somalis less open to interethnic marriages than others

Marrying a somali brings many benefits that marrying out doesn’t. It’s another way to ensure offspring will be in good hands if anything happens to you. And for the lovers of our culture and language it’s a way to preserve it. Me personally I also want my kids to have abtirsi. Knowing your lineage is very important.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
Madows and central or west africans generally seem to be fine with people of their ethnicity marrying outside their group ,and I have seen this firsthand. But the same cannot be said for Somalis. We tend to be a more judgemental group by nature. I have seen sweet innocent posts of Somalis showcasing their foreign spouses receive a lot of hate from other Somalis. What causes this difference in attitude toward interracial and interethnic marriages?
Turkish,North Africans ,Ethiopians and basically everyone but low self esteem madows have a problem with their female counterparts marrying different races

Don’t know what you’re all talking about as far Somalis placing importance on lineage .

Majority of Somalis surround themselves with their respected ethnicities from the ciyaal suuqs to the sheikhs . It’s no different when one is searching for a spouse he’ll find another somali cause that’s who he surrounds his self with .

You can’t say that for majority of other ethnics as they often interact with whomever they share interests with. At least that’s from my point of view

You’re talking about Djibouti, who’s Somali population is a drop in the bucket in the total Somali population count.

Somalis don’t marry Oromo the most, let’s be honest with ourselves.
Come to dhiredhaba and Addis Ababa you’ll see lots of them

Your entire opinions on Somalis are based on where you live. The reason you think I’m gonna say Jamaican is because you live in the UK.

The reason you said Afar and Saho is because you’re from Djibouti.

:drakekidding:
Jamaicans and Somalis don’t intermarry that much they way Somalis intermarry with Oromos/Afars

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Jamaicans and Somalis don’t intermarry that much they way Somalis intermarry with Oromos/Afars

Where did I say Jamaicans intermarry with Somalis??

If you look at my post, you’ll see that I was ridiculing that idea.

:hmm:

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Come to dhiredhaba and Addis Ababa you’ll see lots of them

That’s a recent phenomenon in a small area. If we’re looking historically and across the Somali population in Somalia and abroad, Somalis don’t marry Oromo that much.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Madows and central or west africans generally seem to be fine with people of their ethnicity marrying outside their group ,and I have seen this firsthand. But the same cannot be said for Somalis. We tend to be a more judgemental group by nature. I have seen sweet innocent posts of Somalis showcasing their foreign spouses receive a lot of hate from other Somalis. What causes this difference in attitude toward interracial and interethnic marriages?

I will answer u when i am sober

That’s a recent phenomenon in a small area. If we’re looking historically and across the Somali population in Somalia and abroad, Somalis don’t marry Oromo that much.
They do otherwise lots of buffer clans like Jaarso,akisho,Wardey,Garre who claim both sides wouldn’t be made

These people came from 800 years back and are from all over the Indian Ocean.

If you want to go thag route, The hararghe oromo and many in bale with Somali mixture would number well over 15 million
This guys are not familiar with people who live back home

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
it's very common, why are they acting like marriages between them is rare? lol

Intermarriage with Somalis is generally rare, I just said out of the rare occasions, Oromo aren’t the most common.

We’ve had centuries of conflict with Oromo that continues to this day. There are Oromo-Somali tribes, just like reer Xamar, Benadiris, Banjunis, Carab Salaax, Beizani and Barawanis exist.

I am keeping it real, go to any city in Somalia and if you find can someone with mixed ancestry, it’s generally not Oromo.

:manny:

Trending