Why do Djiboutians act like Djibouti is any better than Somalia?

The rain in Djibouti is more saline sxb. that's

Djibouti has a population of 1,000,000 compared to your 15 million (11 million if you don't include Somaliland). Yet our GDP growth (6%) is better than your 3.5% :ufdup: so keep your mouth shut. We're developing more than you.Go check the malls and theatres we have.We have French people dancing.
I love my Djibouti ppl but this is ridiculous. I don’t need to look up GDP’s to know that y’all been war free and independent for over forty years, yet still don’t have a sewage system.

When flexing goes wrong. :mjlol:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
It's the language of the filthy coloniser, and one of the most scummy and brutal colonisers at that. I understand if you learn english because that is actually spoken world-wide, but speaking french and additionally using it on your national television is coon behaviour. You say the Muslim Afars would start a civil war over language? Look at ethiopia, minorities are forced to learn amharic. Instead of French have Somali and Arabic, they already use Arabic as a language between different linguistic groups in Eritrea so it can work here.
French is spoken in Africa so we need it.

English is the language of the WORST filthy coloniser.

Also French isn't only on OUR national TV sxb.

We have Somali,Afar,English,French and Arabic.

Also there are exclusive Somali/Afar TV Channels.

RTD2 AND RTD3

Tell me what other nation speaks Somali besides Somalia/Somaliland.

French has a whopping 29.

Invader

I love my Djibouti ppl but this is ridiculous. I don’t need to look up GDP’s to know that y’all been war free and independent for over forty years, yet still don’t have a sewage system.

When flexing goes wrong. :mjlol:
We do have a sewage system and it's actually a project we started.

It's better than shitting in a community hole in Jowhar:chrisfreshhah:

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
French is spoken in Africa so we need it.

English is the language of the WORST filthy coloniser.

Also French isn't only on OUR national TV sxb.

We have Somali,Afar,English,French and Arabic.

Also there are exclusive Somali/Afar TV Channels.

RTD2 AND RTD3

Tell me what other nation speaks Somali besides Somalia/Somaliland.

French has a whopping 29.

English is spoken as an international language while french is not. Just because many African nations were subjugated and forced to speak the language does not mean that we should follow suit. Personally I believe that English should be an optional language, while Somali and Arabic be mandatory.

I was flicking through Somali tv channels and the one for djibouti was in french, I can't remember the name but the quality was good so I assume it must have been a major channel. 16 million people speak Somali and 420 million speak arabic. French has 70 million native speakers and 190 secondary speakers which is 270 altogether, so still less than Arabic and English.

Most french speaking nations are impoverished and are still being exploited by france to this day, so don't bring up the economic opportunities argument.

Invader

English is spoken as an international language while french is not. Just because many African nations were subjugated and forced to speak the language does not mean that we should follow suit. Personally I believe that English should be an optional language, while Somali and Arabic be mandatory.

I was flicking through Somali tv channels and the one for djibouti was in french, I can't remember the name but the quality was good so I assume it must have been a major channel. 16 million people speak Somali and 420 million speak arabic. French has 70 million native speakers and 190 secondary speakers which is 270 altogether, so still less than Arabic and English.

Most french speaking nations are impoverished and are still being exploited by france to this day, so don't bring up the economic opportunities argument.
It's less than Somali.

And you're making it look like us Djiboutians dunno how to speak it.

Somali is USED as a LINGUA FRANCA by the city dwellers.

Somali is a national language and so is Afar.

We're doing better than Somalia because we don't use Somali for education and work.

As I said choosing Somali will cause Afar insurgency so it will never happen.

We'll have to learn Afar and Somali to keep the balance.

Learning French won't be biased to those peoples.

Last edited:

Invader

Don't bring up economic influence from France sxb.

It's a West African/Central African problem.

Al Muslim

It's less than Somali.

And you're making it look like us Djiboutians dunno how to speak it.

Somali is USED as a LINGUA FRANCA by the city dwellers.

Somali is a national language and so is Afar.

We're doing better than Somalia because we don't us Somali for education and work.

As I said choosing Somali will cause Afar insurgency so it will never happen.

We'll have to learn Afar and Somali to keep the balance.

Learning French won't be biased to those peoples.

You just answered your own question, if Somali is already used as a common language in the cities then it can work in the rest of the country. Afars can speak afar amongst themselves in their majority regions and Somali can be spoken as the common language across the country. Afars are culturally and ethnically similar to us and they share the religion of Islam so I doubt it will be an issue. On top of that there is Arabic so there is 0 reason to have french.

Also did you just claim that the state that Somalia is in is due to the Somali language? That is pure insanity, using Somali for education and work would be better because as opposed to french, Somali is spoken in public and at home which would make it more fitting. At the end of the day there is no justification for using the french language when it is has less economic potential than both Arabic and English, and was imposed by colonialists.

I know that french economic exploitation is a mainly west African thing but in your original post your claimed that speaking french was beneficial because all these impoverished African nations speak it, so I brought that up to disprove your point.

Invader

@Al Muslim Even people in Somaliland teach in English.

They don't teach in Somali anymore.

All the school books are English sxb.

Somalia should teach in Italian/English in my opinion.

Invader

You just answered your own question, if Somali is already used as a common language in the cities then it can work in the rest of the country. Afars can speak afar amongst themselves in their majority regions and Somali can be spoken as the common language across the country. Afars are culturally and ethnically similar to us and they share the religion of Islam so I doubt it will be an issue. On top of the there is Arabic so there is 0 reason to have french.

Did you just claim that the state that Somalia is in is due to the Somali language? That is pure insanity, using Somali for education and work would be better because as opposed to french, Somali is spoken in public and at home which would make it more fitting. At the end of the day there is no justification for using the french language when it is has less economic potential than both Arabic and English, and was imposed by colonialists.

I know that french economic exploitation is a mainly west African thing but in your original post your claimed that speaking french was beneficial because all these impoverished African nations speak it, so I brought that up to disprove your point.

We acted like dicks to the Afars.

As I said. We use French for education. We go to France and other Francophone countries.

Your heavy discussion won't change the French language's status.

It's better to use that if you're a Somali in Obock.

I would rather see you talk about your country than talk about mines.

You can't comprehend that neither Somali and Afar is useful for global purposes.

French and English are good.

Al Muslim

@Al Muslim Even people in Somaliland teach in English.

They don't teach in Somali anymore.

All the school books are English sxb.

Somalia should teach in Italian/English in my opinion.

Thats just not true, maybe for mathematics but I can't see that happening for other subjects. Also are we supposed to follow the meme state? Imagine being this desperate to allow european languages to pervade our nation.

Thats just not true, maybe for mathematics but I can't see that happening for other subjects. Also are we supposed to follow the meme state? Imagine being this desperate to allow european languages to pervade our nation.
Imagine being from a occupied country and worrying about what language Reer Jabuuti speak.Go free yourself warya :what:

Invader

Yes and it's working for diplomatic relations.

Science,Maths and every other subject is in English.

Somalia is the only country now smh.

Somaliland shall follow us in transition.

Somali is a lanuage not needed at the public stage.

if there was 29 Somali countries then it would be OK.

Invader

Imagine being from a occupied country and worrying about what language Reer Jabuuti speak.Go free yourself warya :what:
He's delusional because Amisomia is the only country that uses af Somali in education that's why they're 68IQ :damn:

Yes and it's working for diplomatic relations.

Science,Maths and every other subject is in English.

Somalia is the only country now smh.

Somaliland shall follow us in transition.

Somali is a lanuage not needed at the public stage.

if there was 29 Somali countries then it would be OK.
Educated Somalilanders are trilingual in Somali,English and Arabic.