Xalimo makes a video claiming most Somali woman bleach their skin 100k views and rising

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Firstly, Bantus are nowhere near 15% of the population, Secondly, they have only been here since the early 1800s, Thirdly, Bantus were in fact treated very well during their enslavement, Italian traveler Luigi Roberto Brichetti who visited Mogadishu in the 1890s mentioned that Somali families treated their bondsmen so well that if slaves were given the option of freedom they would reject it. He mentions Somalis fed their slaves from their own rations and clothed them with their same clothes.

Bantu's had numerous options of procuring freedom some even fought with their masters during battle and if they should great martial brilliance or tremendous valor they could be granted there freedom. Upon attaining freedom their masters provided them a wife, land, and cattle so they could start their own families of course under the tutelage of their previous masters.

We must also remember that Somali slavery was a civilizing mission, not only was Somalia more technologically advanced than South East Africa it was also superior morally and religiously superior through the twofold combination of Islam and Somali cultural norms which greatly elevated the Bantus from their formerly debased and pagan way of life.

Why should Somalis be ashamed for not only elevating an inferior people and enriching them mentally, physically, morally, and spiritual but also doing it in one of the most humane ways possible. Instead of being ashamed of our past with our Bantu brethren we should instead celebrate our ancestors noble pursuit in civilizing a wayward peoples.

All of the information I provided on Somali slavery can be found in Dr. Catherine Bestman's seminal work Unraveling Somalia: Race, Class,and the Legacy of Slavery

I am going to do the courtesy of placing my response in spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the last few weeks we have seen a flurry of activity on this site attempting to capture - and at times revise - the origins of hate between the sexes.

"Somali men are racist against my preferences" was a war cry I never saw end. Ironically these "preferences were the most "racist" men on the internet.

Colourism and featurism was directed at African girls by their male counterparts. Their African features was mocked terribly. Girls who were mixed liked maya jama were the beauty standard.

In addition to "mysogynoir" ; hate against Black women and girls. Tribalism and xenophobia was rampant. Somalis were abused for being "refugees". Some African girls sought to ingratiate themselves with their assailers by "redirecting" hate towards Somalis.

Somali girls didn't face the hate other African women and girls did. They faced xenophobia. It was ethnic based hate not gender. Instead of standing together against anti-Somali bigots they "got into bed with them" They would also try and appeal to these xenophobic mysogynists by attacking Somali Men.

The hate Somali men faced was a way marginalised people could access the center. listen to what one of the Uk's top influencer says about it.

P.S will we ever see a Somali Women apologise for all the hate they spewed. Will we hear Somali girls say they hated being Somali and wanted to fit in?

I am going to do the courtesy of placing my response in spoiler:

Your same source claims that lower cast Somali's like gabboye and tumall along with reer hamar make 30 percent of the population along with the 15% made up by Bantus. Are you really suggested that Daarood, Hawiye, Isaaq, Dir, D&M only make up 55% of the Somali population?

Also there is no use in comparing Somalis to the British because Somali by virtue of their Islam were objectively superior to Bantus meanwhile the Europeans due to their kufr were objectively inferior. Not to mention many groups enslaved by the Somali practiced wanton cannibalism such as the Nyasa and Makua. Also you can say that cannibalism and nakedness is a Hallmark of civilization you simply cannot argue that the Bantus did not benefit from our tutelage. I also object to the idea that Somali's debauch Bantu women as this was impossible due to the fact Somalis regarded Bantu women as racially inferior and only took oromo women as concubines.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Your same source claims that lower cast Somali's like gabboye and tumall along with reer hamar make 30 percent of the population along with the 15% made up by Bantus. Are you really suggested that Daarood, Hawiye, Isaaq, Dir, D&M only make up 55% of the Somali population?

Also there is no use in comparing Somalis to the British because Somali by virtue of their Islam were objectively superior to Bantus meanwhile the Europeans due to their kufr were objectively inferior. Not to mention many groups enslaved by the Somali practiced wanton cannibalism such as the Nyasa and Makua. Also you can say that cannibalism and nakedness is a Hallmark of civilization you simply cannot argue that the Bantus did not benefit from our tutelage. I also object to the idea that Somali's debauch Bantu women as this was impossible due to the fact Somalis regarded Bantu women as racially inferior and only took oromo women as concubines.

You cannot say “objectively superior” and then use your opinion as the reasoning.

You may think that Islam makes us superior but that’s called subjectivity. Just like how a white Christian in the 1800s considering himself superior is subjective.

You cannot use religious belief in an objective argument as that is your belief. While it may be a fact to you and I, it is not a universal fact, hence, why it can’t be subjective.

You cannot say “objectively superior” and then use your opinion as the reasoning.

You may think that Islam makes us superior but that’s called subjectivity. Just like how a white Christian in the 1800s considering himself superior is subjective.

You cannot use religious belief in an objective argument as that is your belief. While it may be a fact to you and I, it is not a universal fact, hence, why it can’t be subjective.
Are you implying that Muslims aren't superior to kuffar? Or the Quran isn't an objective truth? Also look how you sidestepped past the Makua cannibalism I mentioned

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Are you implying that Muslims aren't superior to kuffar? Or the Quran isn't an objective truth? Also look how you sidestepped past the Makua cannibalism I mentioned

To me, Islam and the Quran is the truth but in an argument is a subjective truth because it’s not a universal fact.

Your cannibalism point is really a side point here. I’m trying to make you understand the nuances of objectivity vs subjectivity.

Even if you and I and everyone else here believes something is 100% correct, it can still be subjective.

To me, Islam and the Quran is the truth but in an argument is a subjective truth because it’s not a universal fact.

Your cannibalism point is really a side point here. I’m trying to make you understand the nuances of objectivity vs subjectivity.

Even if you and I and everyone else here believes something is 100% correct, it can still be subjective.
The Quran is an objective truth sxb to deny it is an objective truth is to commit kufr. Obviously some people disagree with he Quran being true but some people also disagree with the earth being round. The earth being round is still an objective truth

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
The Quran is an objective truth sxb to deny it is an objective truth is to commit kufr. Obviously some people disagree with he Quran being true but some people also disagree with the earth being round. The earth being round is still an objective truth

It is an objective truth to me and you.

But outside ourselves, it’s subjective because our opinion on it being objective is based on our belief on it being a true religion.

Which means it cannot be truly objective.

Do you understand where I am coming from?

Ethnolinguistic group was a proposed definition, not definitive. Did Uhuru go down, did Moi before him who carried out mass killings of Somalis?

I haven't dropped anything just surprised the lengths you appear to go to pushing a debunked model of "Race".

PS. They use lawfare to get their political opponents when it suits them; and pooh-pooh the same court when it doesn't ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members'_Protection_Act)

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing self-hating Somalis. Why give ammo to ajinabis who hate us? Bleaching is rare amongst Somalis worldwide, especially in the diaspora. I have never heard of younger generation Somalis doing it; maybe a few aunties, but that’s it. Now an ajnabi will see this and think all Somalis do it. God, it’s so annoying. Some Somalis genuinely have a humiliation kink.

look how she reacts when she gets caught in the act 💀 😂
View attachment 332017
Just because she looks like a Farah she shouldn’t drag us Somali girls

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
A Nigerian pharmacist told me there are many Black and African women who get prescription skin whitening and claim hyperpigmentation as the pretext to their prescribing doctor. It's definently common in the west. Many Blacks hate their skin colour; there's a self hating crisis in the Black and African community.

I dont think Somalia would be in the worst categories of skin bleaching. I've seen far worse in certain places. Just look at kpop idols before and afters. Its a crazy transformation.

World

VIP
Firstly, Bantus are nowhere near 15% of the population, Secondly, they have only been here since the early 1800s, Thirdly, Bantus were in fact treated very well during their enslavement, Italian traveler Luigi Roberto Brichetti who visited Mogadishu in the 1890s mentioned that Somali families treated their bondsmen so well that if slaves were given the option of freedom they would reject it. He mentions Somalis fed their slaves from their own rations and clothed them with their same clothes.

Bantu's had numerous options of procuring freedom some even fought with their masters during battle and if they showed great martial brilliance or tremendous valor they could be granted there freedom. Upon attaining freedom their masters provided them a wife, land, and cattle so they could start their own families of course under the tutelage of their previous masters.

We must also remember that Somali slavery was a civilizing mission, not only was Somalia more technologically advanced than South East Africa it was also superior morally and religiously through the twofold combination of Islam and Somali cultural norms which greatly elevated the Bantus from their formerly debased and pagan way of life.

Why should Somalis be ashamed for not only elevating an inferior people and enriching them mentally, physically, morally, and spiritual but also for doing it in one of the most humane ways possible. Instead of being ashamed of our past with our Bantu brethren we should instead celebrate our ancestors noble pursuit in civilizing a wayward peoples.

All of the information I provided on Somali slavery can be found in Dr. Catherine Bestman's seminal work Unraveling Somalia: Race, Class,and the Legacy of Slavery
Can you at least put your post in a spoiler ?

Trending